PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Block Google Search option?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

L0VECLUB's AvatarL0VECLUB
Very short. I share a username with a lot of my profiles on different sites, so, in the process, I see stuff in the "Google Images" area. Make a box where google and other search engines cannot see your account, so, number one, people don't click the wrong link and so I can show off my art and not my forums... Just try it. You search yourself up. You'll likely find PFQ stuff everywhere on it. Except you, Niet... It's just german stuff everywhere, sorta scary in my opinion... It isn't really much of a problem, but I would like it to be an idea. It would also help with privacy and maybe security reasons, too. Edit: Cleared an error
Check out my story! Showcase!
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
You do realize that in order to search you up, they'd already have to know your username (And thus would likely know you play on PFQ-like forums/sites) and that even if they do search you up, they can't actually get into your account unless they have the password? If you want to show off art, use the site's image uploader and use [img][/img] tags. You don't need to use google at all.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
I'm talking about searching using the Google engine, not pokefarm q itself. Look up Umbreonrox12. The first 5 images are usually my DeviantART. I use google generally to search my own things instead of inside the individual website. The rest of them are either Imgflip, some other users for some reason, Imgur, and, let's not forget, Pokefarm! The other stuff is already annoying because it usually makes it harder to get to my older things, but, unlike this (wonderful) website, it isn't so easy to send suggestions to google. For the Privacy part, people may search me up. A lot of people, specifically from the places that I've been to, will go to any length to haunt me. This is all I ask; add an option to hide yourself from search engines.
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
I'm going to be honest with you. If I come off as being rude in anyway, I do apologize ahead of time. If you worried about people finding your other accounts and what not, why would you use the same username? If you worried about people finding your images or whatever, wouldn't the better idea be using different usernames? I understand that one may become attached to a username and with the continued use of it, you don't want to change it. Heck, it might be enough to solve it but it's still a option. However, it seems a bit..well extreme for PFQ to add the option to 'block google search'. I'm not even sure if it's fully possible to begin with. (Not saying it's impossible since I'm not a programmer nor will I pretend I know what I'm talking about). I mean I never heard of any site actually giving that option to begin with. And what about the other browsers? Google Chrome isn't the only browser that exist you know.
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
There are, actually, quite a few sites with this feature. Usually starting with removing your username from the in-site search index People generally can stalk you, if not quietly, and then suddenly appear whenever you notice them because they pop up in your clickbacks. I don't want to change usernames because this is active and my DeviantART is not. They could spam that all day and I wouldn't get any ear of it. That's why they stopped going into my messages there. I ask people not to hate, and with the lack of a block button, even with report, until it is fixed, they're all up in my beehive of peace honey until they're deleted. Maybe a block button after you make the report? Google usually uses the site's mechanics already to better suit the user, hence the already given text and the pre-made links inside of the bigger go-to box. You know what I mean, hopefully. Back to the point; Am I wrong to want to hide my account from the world? Specifically for these types of people, and have them wreak havoc on my life even though I explicitly told them to leave me be? When they aren't even around? It hasn't happened here yet, but it has on my Facebook, my Twitter, my Quotev, and I've quit each of them. Some of these people even want to send me strong pictures that are either really nasty or really horrifying. I don't want to be welcomed with that. This option will not completely protect me, but it will shelter those of us who have these sorts of relations partly. I do hope you understand. (There are seriously people who just pop in and pop out to hate on me, my lack of religion, my ways of doing things, my art, and a whole lot of other things and I am completely and utterly tired of it all. And they also call me names. Call me a baby or whatever, but I don't appreciate it, especially in times when my doctors say I NEED peace and relaxation, while still being attentive.) (You internally: OH!! IT'S A SPECIAL LITTLE SNOWFLAKE!!! HOW SAD!!!) (Tell me more about how every message in your life has been dandy and every person thinks you're an angel. There's at least one person willing to hate, and don't you want them out of your hair, to the best of your ability?) I'm not sure Pokefarm would allow Uchidaddy as a username either, and TheNeighbourhoodBlindMan is way too long. Edit: If they found me at all, it would be a stroke of fat luck.
You are not wrong to wanting to hide my account from the world but I'm not sure how this will really work espesically if you are using the same username on other sites. Yes, you are removing one link (PFQ) that could probably hint at your being on this site. That doesn't mean you're removing all of the links. You can remove those links all you want but that doesn't stop them. Another issue I'm having with this suggestion is this post you made here. I can understand if it's a case where you have different accounts names or similar profile names. However, when it's the same username, I can't help but scratch my head. If people have been harassing you, I would imagine one would try to make it harder for other users to find you though other means besides relying on someone else. Also, something like this seems....weird. I mean what's stopping a user on this site from just grabbing another user's name on here and just google searching it from that? Yes, you're blocking random individuals from finding the account google/other search engines....but what about the same users who are actually registered on this site? Seems like something you want to consider in your idea. And if someone decided to harass you on here, that wouldn't be very smart for them as I'm sure staff would not like that. ;C

QUOTE originally posted by Ùmbrëønrøx12

Maybe a block button after you make the report?
If you mean a block button on PFQ, well..that's been quite a..topic so speak.
Making another account is illegal on here, at least in the rules. It would protect me in that case of function, and, even if users use other users to harass me, their account would get deleted, too. Then, the more they asked, the more people that would hate on and likely harrass them, resulting in a nice bite of revenge for me, but then again, I would wish none of these phrases and pictures on my worst enemy. Who just goes into a website and types in everything perfect the first time? Usually, the typical person, especially these certain people, give up. I admit; I was this type of person, but at a lesser degree, in my younger years. When I was fast, skinny, and healthy, I had almost the birthright to boss around and nip people in the butt about a lot of the things they did. I know have permanent bruises in my breastbone because of it. I am more humble now, maybe a little too much so, but I won't stand for direct exsposure to these people.
I never mentioned anything about making another account so I'm unsure where you grabbed that from what I said or what you responding to? Don't get me wrong but I'm not exactly sure what you're even talking after you mentioning protecting you from function. Accounts aren't exactly deleted on this site. Locked yes...not deleted. Also, users using other users to harass you....what? Where did that come from? In pure honestly, reading your points, this suggestion is starting to feel more like something to cater to you. I'm going to end my points (since it's like 1 in the morning for me) by saying that I'm not really in support of this suggestion. It's not a stupid suggestion. I can definitely see people possibly wanting this but...it's just..I don't know. It just the points stated here don't feel so...strong?
I've known people with these issues. Yes, it does cater to me. And yes, it may cater to others. My problems are not your problems but people dislike us for different reasons, whether it be the way we eat, the way we smell, the way our farts sound like something out of a certian Muse song. And I thought that was what you meant. "I mean...what's stopping a user on this site from just grabbing another user's name on here and just google searching it from that?" I know they're locked. You know what I mean. It feels like it's deleted and sometimes you completely panic because you were doing important stuff on there and then bam skiddly-doo you're out like 3 strikes on a baseball game. It does get personal.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
This suggestion makes no sense. You are playing a social online game, you are supposed to be discoverable. That, and we are not your "safe space". By the sounds of it (when you admit you were once a bad person) you entirely deserve what you've been getting. Once, a long time ago, I was playing an online game and I made the mistake of being arrogant and rude. It was a PvP game, and they kicked my sorry butt over and over. Eventually, I posted a public apology for all of my misdeeds. And you know what? Everything was fine after that. Just think about it. Hiding away doesn't solve problems.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page