PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make Interaction Points Tradeable

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123··· 8910

SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

bringing up another suggestion, the shiny sink, specifically, would it be possible (if that suggestion is accepted) to make shinies tradable for ip? like say you have 50 shiny magikarp that you just can't sell because they're unwanted and over hunted, trade them to Doug for a small amout of ip (maybe 2k ip per shiny for low exp eggs?) solving two problems at once?
This!!!! Yes!! Let me send in my shinies to help me get albinos, please please please. My shiny Litleo haven't been selling well, but albinos are a very different matter; this hunt might be profitable if I can manage what I hatch better that way.

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

or perhaps a tier to the daily tasks? like 1000 interactions still rewards 10k ip, and 2000 interactions gets you 15k ip, maxing out at 5000 interactions, 30k ip?
This too. Yes.
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Why not simply lower the daily max charge instead? 50 IP min charge, 50k max. With the daily bonus you could max charge the radar you'd only need 4.5k interactions daily. Still a lot, but way more managable
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Niet, myself and Sei have actually been talking about some changes which will be rather major to the core of the game - but we don't want to make "tradable IP" one of those things. It's not intended as a tradable currency, basically - and it never will be - that's not what it's for. Making something like this tradable will cause a large gap for those who do and don't have time. The argument that people with less time will benefit is flawed. If they don't have the time to click (which is relatively easy, honestly), they evidently don't have the time to do other things which are more intensive, such as hunting. They could collect boxes every now and again, yes, but the point is that their overall capacity to offer things in trade is going to be lessened. Honestly, this wouldn't fix anything. The system itself needs overhauling.
I think that the fact that IP by definition should not be tradeable is a major point that's been brought up a couple times, and I can't think of ways to counter that, since you're the people who defined IP, after all. IP is given out a couple other ways than straight interaction (Easter event and daily streak come to mind), although the way these events distribute IP is very minor in comparison to what complete tradeability would do. I'll casually reiterate my example of Tournament Tokens, though, since they can be traded, even though they are earned exclusively by participating in the tournament. I do want to make something a little clearer- this suggestion is not meant to benefit those who do not click or put effort into the game. Obviously, if they don't do stuff, they won't have things to trade for IP, unless they choose to spend all of their IRL money on ZC, or something. By making IP tradeable, it benefits two main groups of people- those with excess, and those who lack it while maintaining an active playstyle. My main example of a playstyle that lacks IP is party clicking instead of mass clicking. In my experience, party clicking is a much more efficient way to hatch eggs, since more people are interacting with you, and you don't have to rely on the EXP share. Obviously, when it comes to number of Pokemon interacted with, massclickers will be able to accumulate much more, which means much more IP for them. But theoretically, by massclicking, they hatch their parties slower than partyclickers. What I'm trying to say is that massclicking is more beneficial to albino hunting since they earn more IP, and partyclicking is more beneficial to shiny hunting since they hatch more eggs in general. Now, just because partyclicking results in less IP doesn't mean they lack other currencies- by hatching shinies, they are able to sell them for a profit. I mean, as a partyclicker, I'm sitting on 12k GP that I'd be willing to spend mostly on IP. So, you can lack IP and still be an active player, is basically what I'm getting at. This suggestion would not benefit inactive players, but rather active players who lack IP. ... If you followed that wall of text, I applaud you. And noting what you said in regards to a more complete overhaul, that could definitely fix things, for all I know. I know you guys can't share details on that until things have been decided on, and that makes sense. So, honestly, if something could be done to benefit those who can't generate a sufficient amount of IP in a method other than tradeability, then I'd welcome that.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
magicswirls's Avatarmagicswirls
I understand that it would be pretty cool, but interaction points are made by interacting. If you could trade them, you wouldn't be 'interacting' to get them. That ruins the whole point of them. No support.
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
I do support this.

Story why I support it, might be bigger than needed

I often find myself in the situation where I can't click on Garthic days, not making enough IP to charge my Albino Radar, just because I couldn't click that day to get enough IP, but only maybe half. As I love to hunt and sell for that matter. If you make IP tradable, it could actually be a huge boost for shiny and albino prices, maybe making them more expensive but those who have an overload of IP, simply enough to buy more Albino Radars just to get rid of some, it will open a world for them as they don't need to count on Fab Friday to get GP or sometimes even their own money to buy ZC. IP is a big thing for Albino/Melan Hunting, and therefore will most likely be asked a lot more. This would make for a good change, in my eyes. I understand you need to interact for IP, but interacting with users... shouldn't that be an interaction as well? :P
Perhaps, if you lower the max charge amount, it would help a lot as well. Perhaps, and this is just a suggestion along with it, making the daily tasks of IP more like: 1st day 10k IP, 2nd day 20k, 3rd day 30k etc untill reaching the max day of 50k IP? Just a small sub-suggestion I suppose?
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
venir's Avatarvenir
I'm all for this suggestion; I have too much IP that I don't spend since I don't hunt, so why shouldn't I be able to use it for the better of other people? First of all, I want to adress this point:

QUOTE originally posted by jillipenny

I guess y'all want more than that. I can't see any benefit other than a) lazy players get more points (don't be lazy if you want good stuff?) and/or b) active players get to get more out of their points (you already get credits AND IPs from interacting, don't get greedy).
All my credits go towards my fields. I'm a breeding pair hunter, so I have a lot of spare pokemon. Of course, I'm lazy, and sometimes I don't pair all my spares up, so they take up a lot more fields than they should. Aside from them, I also have to make room for all the pokemon I hatch for whatever tournament that's going on. I can't release them in 2 hours, because hi, I don't have hypermode. And after Alola has been introduced, I want to work on the UB quest, but no, people take everything that I need when I buy special pokemon; credits, ZC, GP, tokens, etc, so I can't gain more credits to actually save up for the UB quest. Of course, you can argue that I stop buying shinies and albinos, but heck, they're a limited time deal, of course I'm going to take them for dirt cheap as they go! Now, if hunters like Mouse13 and Gladion are willing to take my IP for their shinies/albinos/items maybe, we both benefit! I don't have to spend currency to get what I want, and they can get the IP that they lack. Just because they don't mass click people doesn't mean they're lazy. As Gladion has stated, they hatch eggs by party clicks, which is a lot more effective when you have high EHP eggs. They're hatching just like any other hunter out there, so why would you call them lazy?
As for everyone who's saying that this will impact the price of albinos, I disagree. I can go days with a max charged radar and get nothing even when I'm using ubercharm. The only thing this changes is how IP can be 'gained'. Albinos will still be as rare as ever, so their price will still be hella high where I can't buy them ._.
Lastly, I believe that if IP was tradable, it wouldn't benefit the inactive users, since 1) they'd have nothing to trade, or 2) they won't use the IP so they wouldn't trade for it in the first place. Edit: I'm aware that this thread is kinda dead, but I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the matter
Please PM me regarding commissions, thanks!
By icymoon193 Avatar by venir It's not like I hoard adamant and brave natured pokemon or anything.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Declining this suggestion for the time being on the basis of this post.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page