PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Make Interaction Points Tradeable

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Make Interaction Points Tradeable >

Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Niet, myself and Sei have actually been talking about some changes which will be rather major to the core of the game - but we don't want to make "tradable IP" one of those things. It's not intended as a tradable currency, basically - and it never will be - that's not what it's for. Making something like this tradable will cause a large gap for those who do and don't have time. The argument that people with less time will benefit is flawed. If they don't have the time to click (which is relatively easy, honestly), they evidently don't have the time to do other things which are more intensive, such as hunting. They could collect boxes every now and again, yes, but the point is that their overall capacity to offer things in trade is going to be lessened. Honestly, this wouldn't fix anything. The system itself needs overhauling.
I think that the fact that IP by definition should not be tradeable is a major point that's been brought up a couple times, and I can't think of ways to counter that, since you're the people who defined IP, after all. IP is given out a couple other ways than straight interaction (Easter event and daily streak come to mind), although the way these events distribute IP is very minor in comparison to what complete tradeability would do. I'll casually reiterate my example of Tournament Tokens, though, since they can be traded, even though they are earned exclusively by participating in the tournament. I do want to make something a little clearer- this suggestion is not meant to benefit those who do not click or put effort into the game. Obviously, if they don't do stuff, they won't have things to trade for IP, unless they choose to spend all of their IRL money on ZC, or something. By making IP tradeable, it benefits two main groups of people- those with excess, and those who lack it while maintaining an active playstyle. My main example of a playstyle that lacks IP is party clicking instead of mass clicking. In my experience, party clicking is a much more efficient way to hatch eggs, since more people are interacting with you, and you don't have to rely on the EXP share. Obviously, when it comes to number of Pokemon interacted with, massclickers will be able to accumulate much more, which means much more IP for them. But theoretically, by massclicking, they hatch their parties slower than partyclickers. What I'm trying to say is that massclicking is more beneficial to albino hunting since they earn more IP, and partyclicking is more beneficial to shiny hunting since they hatch more eggs in general. Now, just because partyclicking results in less IP doesn't mean they lack other currencies- by hatching shinies, they are able to sell them for a profit. I mean, as a partyclicker, I'm sitting on 12k GP that I'd be willing to spend mostly on IP. So, you can lack IP and still be an active player, is basically what I'm getting at. This suggestion would not benefit inactive players, but rather active players who lack IP. ... If you followed that wall of text, I applaud you. And noting what you said in regards to a more complete overhaul, that could definitely fix things, for all I know. I know you guys can't share details on that until things have been decided on, and that makes sense. So, honestly, if something could be done to benefit those who can't generate a sufficient amount of IP in a method other than tradeability, then I'd welcome that.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page