PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PFQ is preparing to open!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567

PuppyCatBug's AvatarPuppyCatBug
No, I don't think the goal will be reached for quite a long time. The fact that it's even being advertised that the site will be open "soon" is rather silly to me. It's a bit of a ridiculous amount to ask for a site that is no where near finished. I just wanted to know what brought the idea of it being "nearly" ready. I guess the core of it being ready is the answer I was looking for. And I am well aware of the meaning of "soon". No need to be rude about it. c:
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by PuppyCatBug

No, I don't think the goal will be reached for quite a long time. The fact that it's even being advertised that the site will be open "soon" is rather silly to me. It's a bit of a ridiculous amount to ask for a site that is no where near finished. I just wanted to know what brought the idea of it being "nearly" ready. I guess the core of it being ready is the answer I was looking for. And I am well aware of the meaning of "soon". No need to be rude about it. c:
To be fair, as a user who is not on staff, you don't know what we're working on behind the scenes. We're constantly updating... there's pretty much an update going on daily - that's more than can be said for most things in beta. Not to mention, I've seen plenty of sites, even games, come out of beta that were far less developed than PFQ is. Logically speaking, we'll probably hit our target near the new year.. which, might I add, was when we were planning to open regardless. Also.. I fail to see how Ravyne was being rude in his previous post. Being blunt, or, stating something 'matter-of-factly' is not being rude. Now that I think about it, calling someone "Rude" publicly (especially when they are not being rude) is a form of blacklisting. Something that I will have you know, we deeply disapprove of.
PuppyCatBug's AvatarPuppyCatBug
Feeling the need to make such a useless and rather snarky remark to someone that was not needed is indeed rude. Assuming someone doesn't know the meaning of a common word and feel the need to tell them comes off as rude, not blunt. There is a huge difference between the two. I have been told by seasoned users that the mods seem to confuse the two quite a bit, I guess that was true. You and I also have very different definitions of blacklisting. I have never heard calling someone "rude" as blacklisting. That makes no sense.
Pro Monkey's AvatarPro Monkey
just my personal question when can we redeem the items we get from the preparing to open event fundraiser ?

QUOTE originally posted by PuppyCatBug

Feeling the need to make such a useless and rather snarky remark to someone that was not needed is indeed rude. Assuming someone doesn't know the meaning of a common word and feel the need to tell them comes off as rude, not blunt. There is a huge difference between the two. I have been told by seasoned users that the mods seem to confuse the two quite a bit, I guess that was true. You and I also have very different definitions of blacklisting. I have never heard calling someone "rude" as blacklisting. That makes no sense.
Referring to someone as "rude" in a public environment sets the tone for other people's opinions - saying that to the person themselves in a private environment, however, is not blacklisting. And considering that there was no rudeness to take note of, it's not just blacklisting, it's a lie. Trust me, if we wanted to be rude, you'd know about it. Not that we would be, mind you - but that's neither here nor there. Also, I can't help but notice that you're doing... Pretty much the same thing you're accusing Ravyne of here. You claim that you were accused of not knowing what the term "soon" meant - yet you're here assuming that we do not know the difference between "Blunt" and "rude". If you're to make a point, you can't fall into your own pit after you've dug it out, I'm afraid. I must also note that whole "A seasoned user" part is completely unnecessary and looks like you're attempting to bait, much like a "troll" would. You're not setting a good precedent for yourself, and I urge you to reconsider reading too much into what is said. If I say " 'x' doesn't mean 'y' " to someone, I don't inherantly mean they don't understand 'x'. Setting out to assume that people are against you is a bad way to go through life - and you'll find that if you're going to make out that people are going to attack you, when they are not, that you will not get along with those people particularly well. Edit: There's a lesson to learn from this - we have rules to follow. Please follow them.

QUOTE originally posted by Pro Monkey

just my personal question when can we redeem the items we get from the preparing to open event fundraiser ?
The redeeming of the items isn't programmed as of yet, I believe, as we've still to implement the opening of boxes and such. Once everything is redeemable, an announcement will likely be made informing everyone of that change.
FerreT's AvatarFerreT
So, why exactly do you need $10,000 to open up the site o.o
Sei's AvatarSei
The £10,000 is mainly to cover server costs for about 2 years, along with the potential to start paying staff members and artists for their work. There's also want to hire another programmer for the site as well... but the priority lies in covering server costs.
FerreT's AvatarFerreT
I see, still seems like alot though, and a rather odd approach, but oh well, good luck I guess. :P
JBWarrior's AvatarJBWarrior
If it wasn't for my crazy schedules and other issues then I'd send my resumé. :P But I'm happy to be just a beta tester, "soon" a regular user. At least I can still help with tests and feedback. :D
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I’m curious now. Staff are being/will/might be paid? So they'll no longer classified as volunteers but employees of Savage mountain/PFQ/PF?
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page