PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Just a Suggestion, A GOOD ONE OR TWO.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Sichem475's AvatarSichem475
You guys should have a word blocker, you know, that blocks cussing and other uneeded words like bisexual, THIS IS NOT A DATING SITE PEOPLE! Also before you get to enter your trainer card it should be checked by the staff, if it has a spelled out bad words like T H I S, they send it back saying they won't let you enter it. And say if your single or not, again THIS IS NOT A DATING SITE PEOPLE! What is a word like bisexual doing on a site for everybody, INCLUDING CHILDREN. Please take this suggestion seriously.
We have a reporting system. If someone writes something inappropriate, then other users will report it to the staff, who deal with it.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
arbor's Avatararbor
yes, because if children see the word bisexual, their eyes will literally explode. welcome to the internet, not everyone is straight. some people view their orientation as an important part of their identity, so they may put that in their about me. as far as i know, when i signed up for pfq, there wasn't a rule that said "no non-straights" or "no talking about your sexual orientation". and personally, i'd like to keep it that way. edit: i meant simply mentioning your orientation. if someone is actually mentioning adult content related things in their bio, lgbt or not, then that should be reported. simply mentioning your orientation "i am 24 and pan" "i am 15 and asexual" is not bad.
arbor ☼ journal: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
Bisexual is not a bad word, children can be bi, many people on here that may put that they are bi in their description may be children. That said, reporting is a thing and if someone has a legitimate swear word somewhere, it should be reported.

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
0 pts .
broil's Avatarbroil
Your idea about staff review is extremely impractical. The staff are very busy with reports, bugs, answering questions, and designing and implementing new or improved features. With at least 6000 users active every day, if we assume that each of them changes their trainer card once a day (which is not acccurate, I change my trainer card probably about 10 times a day), that's already 6000 trainer cards for staff to read through and review. Not to mention that there is not a staff online and available every second of every day, it would take a while for your trainer card to actually update. The trainer card is made to be a a short, immediate status and this would ruin it. Sorry, but no support.
Avatar from PS! AFD sprites. I tend to offer in places and forget to subscribe, so if I haven't responded to you within 24 hours please message me!
Lorne's AvatarLorne

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

yes, because if children see the word bisexual, their eyes will literally explode.
If their eyes explode at bisexual, imagine what would happen if someone had the nerve to say homosexual around the poor, innocent childrens Ahhh fail troll has failed. :P
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 0 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
qwertypop's Avatarqwertypop
Word-blockers/checkers have been suggested and declined in the past. Why give the mods tons of extra work checking every single user's trainer card every single time they decide to edit it, when you could easily report them as Mouse 13 has said? As a side note- no, this isn't a dating site. But that doesn't mean people don't have the freedom to express their identities as they see fit. Just because you don't like a word doesn't mean it has to be blocked from every other person here. edit: If it isn't already obvious, no support from me.
bloubirdie's Avatarbloubirdie
Should the word 'disabled' be banned too? I mean, this isn't a hospital website. This is the Internet. If something isn't child friendly, it's reportable. But this is also a community based site, and communication is kiiiiinda based on words. Banning a few words based on personal beliefs opens the doors for all kinds of censorship and discrimination. No support.
Avatar by me! I am working on a Naughty Shiny Living Dex! Please PM me if you'd like to contribute!
Krissi's AvatarKrissi
This isn't a dating website, but sexuality and stating your sexuality is nothing that should be "censored" or ashamed of. Children growing up are going to be surrounded by this; god forbid they see people being proud of who they are. Obviously no support. Good try, though.
0/300 0/300 0/300 0/300 ★ Journal ★ Vulpix pixel by Type_Null. Shop banner by Alatreon. Icon by SaintNevermOre.
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Staff themselves have stated that they dislike filters (I don't have a quote but I've seen it posted before) as they can get stupid, such as blocking words like hello or grape. A sexual orientation isn't inappropriate. I don't care myself, but I guess some people really dislike getting called the wrong gender. And we do have couples on the site, heck two of the admins are dating and have been for years. It's not a dating site sure, but I bet some relationships have come about because of this site simply due to gathering so many people with a shared interest. And maybe don't make clickbait-y titles in the future? Just saying.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page