PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Kai's Journal

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 123··· 25262728

kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
I GOT MY MELAN!!!
I was able to get the rest of my deltas pretty immediately after getting my melan, but decided to go a bit longer in hopes of some special deltas, and I got one the next day! I've been busy lately so I kept delaying breaking my chain while I could add onto it a bit with free daycare adopts, but today is the day! I did a bit of IV breeding and got up to 5 but not 6 IVs, and after I save my chain I'll hatch all the druddigon eggs I bred in the meantime. Then onto slowpoke for this month's type race (psychic)! Final count: 43S/45A/1M/2149H
The melan scatterbug I ordered from Roxion just arrived!!! I've gotten a few other melan vivillons lately too: And these are the ones I already had:
I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS Chain of 605! Only my 6th shiny!
WELP I misclicked "hatch the egg" instead of "release the egg" and then clicked the "yes I'm sure" button before I realized what happened because *both have a confirm button* and I lost my 1000+? chain of slowpoke anyway I haven't had arceus since the new tourney season started because I couldn't afford hypermode (bought too many melans oops) so I didn't have as many free adoptions to be able to place in the tourney, so now I'm gonna do PotD hunts, which I've wanted to do for awhile but didn't want to break my melan chain but WELP Final count: 9S/7A/1M/1000+?
I’m back! Sorry to anyone I inconvenienced by falling off the face of the earth. Life irl’s been really rough and I was facing multiple health crises that all compounded and keeping up with pokefarm just got to be too much. And then once I’d been off for like a week, getting back on felt like too much of a big deal and I got too anxious. I’ve been wanting to come back for awhile and now I finally feel better enough to do so! So, part of the reason why I dropped off is essentially because for how I was playing, I need to invest a certain amount of time and effort each day for it to be worth it at all. And I stopped being able to afford that level of activity, so then… what was the point? In order to melan hunt the way my optimizing autistic brain wants to do it, you need hypermode, arceus rank, shiny and ubercharms, and a fully charged albino radar every day. To fully charge the albino radar every day, you need to do around 12,000 clicks every day. To have hypermode, shiny charms, and ubercharms, you need to have a fair amount of on-site income, which involves obtaining and selling valuable items and pokemon. And then on top of that, you need to regularly check in to click people and hatch parties. So all of this means 1. mass clicking 2. social interaction 3. regular playing throughout the day. 3 isn’t so bad for me, but 2 got overwhelmingly stressful, so I’m still opting out of that aspect of pokefarm. I haven’t revived my shop yet and I don’t intend to for awhile. 1 is really only practical using key binding, and I haven’t figured out how to do that on my newer computer, so I need to use my sad, old, dying, fragile computer, and I need to use it in something approximating proper posture or my body hates me. I stopped being able to block out time for that, and so then my ability to play pokefarm kind of collapsed. Besides that, there’s also tournaments. To keep arceus rank, you need to hatch every new pokemon that comes out, and new pokemon keep coming out, and really the only practical way to do that is by participating in tourneys, preferably ranking, and the competition gets intense. So that contributes even more to pokefarm feeling very all or nothing to me. I’m not complainin, just explaining why I dropped off for awhile. When I came back, the first thing I did was catch up on news. I feel like I missed something somewhere (when did the wishforge change???), but I did see Niet’s post about PFNew being a more casual game, and he talked about literally everything I just said above. So I’m glad Niet recognizes the problem, and I’m excited for PFNew when it comes out. All this to say, I’m back, and at first I really didn’t know what I was going to do. I can’t keep up with melan hunts right now, and it felt like there wasn’t much else to do. I was thinking PotD hunts and reattaining arceus rank, and then *shrugs*. Now I think I’ll definitely do those, and hopefully some housekeeping. After that, maybe melan hunts again? Or I could focus on tourneys. I’m not sure, we’ll see. Update: I found the news archive! Was that there before? Anyway I like the new wishforge update!
…well this is awkward. Honestly I don’t remember what happened nine months ago but I’m back again? My pokemon special interest seems to be reigniting so maybe I’ll do a better job of staying for longer than a day. I’m finally catching up to where I was on my old pokemon blue file, and maybe soon I’ll beat the game! Meanwhile, what was I doing here again? Do I have a chain to break? Cause I gotta get all those paldean pokemon now…
I’m very pleased by how I managed to hatch pretty much as many new pokemon as possible without spoilers. Then I got almost all of the new evos (just need an adamant orb for dialga and a trade evo), so all that’s left is exclusives and variants! I need four megastones and I’m working on the totems - it seems like half the pokemon I’ve melan hunted have totem formes now? It’s very exciting. FINALLY ALL THE SPARES I HATCHED ARE WORTH IT. I think masquerain’s still broken though? So I need a totem sticker. So anyway once I’ve tracked down and bred all the breedable exclusives, that’ll just leave the non-breedable ones and Gholdengo between me and arceus. And those will probably take awhile. Either that or take a lot of tokens, which means a lot of currency, which I’d rather save for hypermode and such. I think I’m going to casually gem hunt between events, since that’s something I can do that doesn’t require any commitment. Besides that, I want to finally go through all my fields of breeding pokemon, and probably give away a bunch of unpaired pokemon I have sitting around in my fields. My next field would cost over 4 million credits and the thought makes me cry. I also have some field curating to do, between having to shift all the pokemon for new evos and needing to evolve a ton of deltas. I’m also missing a few spare delta spheal and joltik, so that’s on the list too.
I’m contemplating redoing my post with my special dex progress to not be separated by region, and changing the tooltips to be the date I got the pokemon instead of the species. But that’s so much work and I have so few spoons… sigh. In other news I’m apparently hunting aerodactyl now because the type race rules my life. I got a shiny before the race started and I love it! Edit: And then within an hour of posting this I hatched another one and evolved the first. Not a big fan of the mega evolution but look how pretty the original is! I still have a bunch of pokedexes to get for arceus (looking at you, data volumes… but I did get enough tokens for gholdengol!), but the only eggdexes I’m missing are the two currently non-breedable exclusives, which should become breedable next week! And I finally set up key bindings on my new computer, so breeding should be so much easier! (I do still need to breed another 2-3 rose gift honedge and another chark because I forgot to check for mega evos, oops) I think I’m going to just go for a full aerodactyl hunt? It’ll be slower because my wishforge badges aren’t maxed and I don’t have hypermode, but it’s something to do that doesn’t require a ton of checking in, and by the time I’m done hopefully I’ll be up for more serious melan hunts again? My next one is going to be tatsugiri and I’m very excited. I’ve already got a pair, and I’m so close to a wishalloy dragon badge! I’ll definitely get it during the tatsugiri hunt, and then my Full Dragon Potential shall be unleashed! Which obviously means a dratini hunt. How could I not hunt dratini next.
I may be bad at saving for hypermode but look I got another melan vivillon! I also forgot to post that I got an icy snow pattern in february so here’s both of them.

Pages: 123··· 25262728

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page