PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Big announcement / wall o' text! Yay!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456··· 141516

SarakuHD's AvatarSarakuHD
You guys enjoy creeping us out, don't you? There I was, looking around the screen, and then those Espurr eyes.... Poor Niet. I hope everything gets resolved soon! Don't rush Niet. We - Well, at least I can wait longer than a year even for a minor updateSure, that's totally gonna happen. A year for an update? You're not lazy, and I know it! Real life takes priority, after all.
deeds by the dead and crossed hearts bleed; borne with a bloody legacy meant to die with its generation and it kills for all the wrong reasons -
- at the end of the day -
we all bleed
r e d.
Eleiyas's AvatarEleiyas
Hugs for Niet! *hugs* Looks like some awesome updates are coming, great job guys :)
Firia's AvatarFiria
That Announcement Smiley is creepy.... XD (but it got my attention o3o) Life can be harsh often but it's good a bit of it is gone now, Niet ^.^ All the upcoming updates sound totally awesome ö.ö can't wait to see what they'll be like!
KathiraNarae's AvatarKathiraNarae
I will admit, it was more the new (and thus unclicked) link that got my attention, rather than the emote. That ain't that scary or creepy or whatever. Not for me, anyway.

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

In short, Kinchiona initiated a law-case against Niet not too long after they split up, this case has been reviewed since... Well, around the same time this site entered closed-access. That case has since been "dismissed with prejudice"
Depending on the country, a criminal proceeding which ends prematurely due to error, mistake, or misconduct, may end as being dismissed with prejudice or without prejudice. If the case ends without prejudice, the accused in the case (the defendant) may be retried. If the case ends with prejudice, the effect on the defendant (for the purpose of punishment) is the equivalent to a finding of not guilty and they cannot be retried.
(mouse over for an explanation of what the term means). In short, he's been found 'Not Guilty' of what the case was made for and that's the end of it.
Now, I don't know if it's because I tend to spend my forum time on PF/PFQ in select clans and RPs and otherwise under a rock, but this 'explanation' actually raises more questions than it answers. For me, anyway. They split up? There was a LAW CASE?! What the heck happened?!
Credits.
Avi cropped from a commission by PeridotPrior
//Call me Kath.//Want some ZC?//Forme-changer trading.
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

QUOTE originally posted by KathiraNarae

I will admit, it was more the new (and thus unclicked) link that got my attention, rather than the emote. That ain't that scary or creepy or whatever. Not for me, anyway.

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

In short, Kinchiona initiated a law-case against Niet not too long after they split up, this case has been reviewed since... Well, around the same time this site entered closed-access. That case has since been "dismissed with prejudice"
Depending on the country, a criminal proceeding which ends prematurely due to error, mistake, or misconduct, may end as being dismissed with prejudice or without prejudice. If the case ends without prejudice, the accused in the case (the defendant) may be retried. If the case ends with prejudice, the effect on the defendant (for the purpose of punishment) is the equivalent to a finding of not guilty and they cannot be retried.
(mouse over for an explanation of what the term means). In short, he's been found 'Not Guilty' of what the case was made for and that's the end of it.
Now, I don't know if it's because I tend to spend my forum time on PF/PFQ in select clans and RPs and otherwise under a rock, but this 'explanation' actually raises more questions than it answers. For me, anyway. They split up? There was a LAW CASE?! What the heck happened?!
Initially, we didn't say anything because it was a private matter. Then once the legal stuff began, we didn't say anything because it could have been used against him. It's not our place to go into details about what happened - if he wants to, he can, but just let it rest at 'very bad stuff happened'.
terrerio36's Avatarterrerio36
I actually like (my phone almost made it 'lime'...heh-heh) the 'other Pokemon' section. It allows you to see what pokemon are being leveled, bred, and are currently scouring. It's sort of like a class translator, showing how many scouring slots they have purchased, or how many daycare they might have purchased to breed eggs (when you see someone's Main Pokemon slots filled with one single species worth of Pokemon, and see that they have the same Pokemon breeding in the daycare, then you know they may have around 3 or more daycare passes, or even extra shelter passes.) Someone breeding a single species may also be shiny hunting, breeding and hatching as many of a selected species as they can. To recap, the 'other Pokemon' section can you tell a lot about the activity and possible 'class' of a user; and since there aren't many stats about a user on their profiles, this can be very useful.
Rokon's AvatarRokon
I'm sorry to hear about all of these issues that are happening to Niet, but at least they're looking to clear up. I'd donate to the site to help out if I could, but it's not very possible with my family's situation. Regardless, I hope things continue to go well. Niet better not overwork himself with those updates, though. PFQ is important, but so is his health for that matter!
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

QUOTE originally posted by terrerio36

To recap, the 'other Pokemon' section can you tell a lot about the activity and possible 'class' of a user; and since there aren't many stats about a user on their profiles, this can be very useful.
I don't see how a 'class' would differentiate. You either buy boosts, or you don't. It doesn't make you any higher/more important than the next user.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
meg1124's Avatarmeg1124
All of the updates sound wonderful!! I am happy things are getting a little better. Good luck with everything! :)
Jumping on the "Poor Niet" bandwagon here, but glad you've got at least something figured out with Kinchiona (granted, I never really knew anything about it to begin with). Other than that, I'm glad to see that non-Hypermode users will now be able to use the Radar. It can, admittedly, get annoying seeing users spam their Trainer Cards and 'About' boxes with complaints about not being able to use the Radar for lack of Hypermode.

WARNING: WALL-O-TEXT. CONTAINS ASSUMPTIONS

What does concern me is the announcement made about Niet making this his full-time job. I'm not saying this is a bad decision on his part, but it goes without saying that, if this site is paying for itself and not giving much of a profit, PFQ will be teetering dangerously closely on the edge of becoming a pay-to-play site. Now, before there's any shooting down of what I just said, I will admit that PFQ becoming ptp is not very realistic; and that, if anything, Niet will just increase the price of either the ZC, the ZC cost of the GP, or the GP cost of the GP items. All of which is completely understandable. In my opinion micro-transaction games are much more profitable than macro-transaction games like WoW (again that's my opinion, please don't kill me WoW fans). However, while understandable, some people who are responsible and budget their money for games like this (i.e. not me) may find a price increase difficult. But the list for what will make this site profitable enough for Niet to live off of can go on forever, so I'll just hold my tongue for now. This post is getting long enough as it is!
So, to wrap this up, I'll just say that slow updates are better than no updates at all, unless the updates just become stagnant. So take your time, Niet! I'm sure that, whatever you decide, you'll do whatever is best for PFQ. I think I speak for all of us here when I say that we don't want you to rush into anything or make any unnecessary decisions on our part! We all love you for all that you've provided for us on this site.
Avatar made by me. Mega Houndoom © Nintendo/GAMEFREAK. Melanistic idea © PFQ

Pages: 123456··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page