PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Big announcement / wall o' text! Yay!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 141516

In this announcement post - the following will be covered: - Reminder that Niet is still alive - Apology for slowness of updates - The need of a bigger bathroom for Sei (If you look at the Staff roster, you'll see that Sei's title is "Fart Director"!) - An explanation of what exactly happened with Kinchiona, why she's no longer among us, why it has been a drain on Niet's sanity and motivation to work, etc. - A further explanation of the imminent probability of massive pile of real life work arriving for Niet. - Information about some updates that are being done right now! - Necessity for a block feature for PMs
So... Niet's still alive! Yay!
...I mean. I knew you'd be happy, but. That's... a little creepy.
Well, with the recent update so you can sell fields, I would hope that much was obvious >x>; That said - as people have noticed, no doubt, the updates have been spread rather thin, lately. Now, this is rather unfortunate - but it's what happens when there is a single developer of a site and they get bombarded with a large portion of work (in real life). Sadly, this site isn't generating enough revenue for Niet to host this site and live in reality (Having a home, food, water, clothes etc.) - the site makes enough to run itself and makes a little extra on the side, too - but a little extra isn't enough to have a place to live. Unfortunately, this comes at the price of Niet having a job of his own, as well as updating this site and keeping it up and running. It started nearing a year ago now (well, 8 months or so since 'public release') and as the people he's working for have come to recognize his abilities they have begun giving him more important jobs that require more and more work. In fact, he's going to be having a large role as part of a team in the coming days - he'll be completely re-coding an entire billing system that was done incorrectly the first time. ...That said - Niet is considering the idea of making PFQ his full-time job, as there are certain issues cropping up at his workplace... And coming home drained from that leaves little energy to put into PFQ. This would basically mean that the amount of income the site generates would need to be at a certain amount. There's no definitive way of knowing what that amount is but, uh... Well, it's somewhere. If that can't be achieved, then should Niet attempt this, he'd have to find another job and repeat the process of doing less updates.
Now, time constraints aside and job-talk aside... That's not the only thing that's actually been taking up his time. Now, as you're all aware, Kinchiona is no longer on-staff. She may not even be on-site at this time (though I will point out that so long as no trouble is caused, she's actually welcome to join and stay). Now, we've been keeping things quiet because we didn't want to stir or nay-say with an on-going situation. We didn't want anyone thinking that we were clambering for anyone's assistance, and we weren't looking to turn anyone against her ("her" being Kinchiona). However, now that the thing we've been keeping quiet is resolved, we feel it's acceptable to let everyone know what was going on, and that the outcome of what was going on be revealed. In short, Kinchiona initiated a law-case against Niet not too long after they split up, this case has been reviewed since... Well, around the same time this site entered closed-access. That case has since been "dismissed with prejudice"
Depending on the country, a criminal proceeding which ends prematurely due to error, mistake, or misconduct, may end as being dismissed with prejudice or without prejudice. If the case ends without prejudice, the accused in the case (the defendant) may be retried. If the case ends with prejudice, the effect on the defendant (for the purpose of punishment) is the equivalent to a finding of not guilty and they cannot be retried.
(mouse over for an explanation of what the term means). In short, he's been found 'Not Guilty' of what the case was made for and that's the end of it. So in short, one huge stressor has been removed from his life and it's no longer a drain on his money, either. (Somewhat more comfortable living - Yay~!)
Now! On to even more positive things! We have some updates coming up! I'll list them out and give a little detail behind each thing =D These boxes will be ticked as they are completed~ ☑ - Sei now has a bigger bathroom - she has also been given the necessary title of 'Fart Director'. ☑ - Interaction Points are now going to mean something! All the interactions that you have made up to this point will be getting "banked" on the 1st August. The idea behind 'banked points' is that you will be able to purhcase events with these banked points as per the new system. More details will be given as this is completed / put into motion. ☐ - The PokéRadar will now chain even without Hypermode - so long as you are in possessison of the PokéRadar+ item. This item will allow you to chain up to 35 (where Hypermode users can chain up to 40) and the chain will reset after hatching a shiny. ☑ - People will now be able to find boxes a bit easier - and the GP rewards from them have been increased by about (Muffin / Pancake + 7 - ⌊π⌋ * Waffle% ) ☐ - A new variation of Pokémon will soon be available! It's like shinies, but apparently we've had some delays because we've run out of paint! If what I'm reading from this report is correct... Sei got thirsty. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, though - she was last seen chasing Ravyne around yelling something about painting him blue with her tongue... >.>; ☑ - Fields will now have the option to be hidden - or visible only to friends! ☑ - The "Other Pokémon"-page will be removed, as it's somewhat useless. It also appears to be somewhat broken if you have a background image.
Some new black market items will be making an appearance!
☑ - The "Übercharm" - which will double your chances of getting all variants of Pokémon.

Here is an artist's impression

Art by Sei
☐ - Early Event Pass - which will remove the waiting time for an event. Further details to be announced. ☑ - Egg pass - which will allow a user to hatch one egg without breaking their chain. ☑ - Block feature - What it says, really. =p To allow a user to block another from contacting them. If the situation calls for it, it may be wise to report the user who you plonked -- just keep in mind that the Staff will not get involved if there's nothing rule breaking.
Zoh's AvatarZoh
All wonderful news. I hope everything works out on Niet's side. Anyways, do all these update have anything to do with the.... eyes... staring in the banner's textbox? They're really... really... unnerving... They're giving me the eebie jeebies...
Tigermoon's AvatarTigermoon

QUOTE originally posted by Zoh

All wonderful news. I hope everything works out on Niet's side. Anyways, do all these update have anything to do with the.... eyes... staring in the banner's textbox? They're really... really... unnerving... They're giving me the eebie jeebies...
The banner has been updated, atleast on my screen so its no longer just the Espurr eyes.
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

You're not the only one! Seriously, I actually yelped when I saw them. Guess it's good at getting attention, though.
Which was the entire aim, Ravyne! =D We decided since it was a big update that... We'd get some attention focused on the announcement bar ;) Sounds like we succeeded~
Zoh's AvatarZoh

QUOTE originally posted by Tigermoon

The banner has been updated, atleast on my screen so its no longer just the Espurr eyes.
Yeah, it's update on my side too. And yes... it was an... effective... way of getting someone's attention... They're gonna haunt my nightmares for a while.
Well, it certainly got my attention... By creeping me out. Haha. On a more serious note though, I can't wait for these updates to happen! I also hope that everything gets less stressful for you, Niet! Stress is not a fun thing, as most everyone knows.
"After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say 'I want to see the manager.'" - William S Burroughs
Jenn's AvatarJenn
Yes.. YES you got my attention ;3; *Sobs* I love the update! Such great news! *Huggles for everbody*
Avatar fusion by me~ TEAM ACID DOWNPOUR : 0
Magister's AvatarMagister
I spent a while clicking on them and wondering why it wasn't taking me to another page ._. *so smart* The updates are epic :D I'm really glad Niet's got less on his mind now, good on him! ^w^
Belladonna's AvatarBelladonna
This all sounds awesome! Looking forward to it. And poor Niet, I'm glad there's less stress for him. Hopefully it'll all be much better now.

Pages: 123··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page