PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 344345346347348··· 749750751

I love my babies ;0;
poison.png0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Cerberus's AvatarCerberus
grandmaster.pngc+.png
Hmm... I'm not really enjoying most of the revamps, they look a little too dull for my taste and seem to repeat a rather washed out green, blue or in between. It works for some revamps like Heracross, Gliscor and the Cyndaquil line. With the Houndour line, I think the blue sort of works with Houndour and Houndoom, but not so much Mega Houndoom. Like, the colours are nice, but the blue doesn't really seem to fit in with all the bone? Though I suppose if it was like a mowed grass green it'd be a tad bit worse. I think the same can be said with Larvitar's line. Larvitar and Tyranitar (including the mega) look a little too odd with the main colour looking like pain water, but Pupitar still looks great, so I'm a little hesitant with evolving it now. I mentioned the line before, but Cyndaquil's albino and melan lines look great! Although Typhlosion's mouth looks a little odd ahaha The Megas that were revamped look great! Especially Ampharos, who looks like it came straight out of a PMD game as a Guild Master. TL;DR- This revamp has its ups n downs, especially to each their own, but I still look forward and slightly fear the next revamp!
By Vandi
Icon is by Silver Raven Trade Shop | Art Shop
credit
Background from Unsplash F2U code by Gumshoe
CupOfCocoa's AvatarCupOfCocoa
grandmaster.pngc.png
I agree with Cerberus. I mentioned this on a different thread, but going off on the color changes of green and such, I personally do not understand it, especially considering the fact that most albinos that got changed to some sort of green (and other varying colors) had already fit the description of albinos. I'm not saying albinos need to follow the strict definition of whites/reds/pinks, and that there can't be variety, but as it stands now I feel like the albinos are well... losing their meaning of being an albino, and instead fit more closer to a definition of leucistic. My most major critique (and disappointment) is the change to albino Miltank, and since we were told we could question the artist(s), I would like to do so. What was the thought process behind the change? Why, out of all of the shades, did it change to green, when the albino fit the description of albino already? The previous version of albino Miltank had pinks/whites/reds, which not only did it fit being albino, but it made sense because it could be seen as "strawberry milk" in a way (with Miltank being based off of a cow). Of course, this critique could also be applied to other albinos, whose color schemes changed to either being a bland color or a dull color compared to their previous versions, which might fit better. I'm not saying I hate all of the revamps; some made the sprites better than other. But my feelings towards the revamp isn't because it's a change that I haven't gotten used to; it's because of the fact that I feel like certain revamps just downgraded the sprites instead of being the upgrade they were supposed to be (prime example, Melan Houndoom).
art commissioned from @maeshipixel on Twitter for my use only
shop - twitch.tv/cuppofcocoa - journaltrading chickensmoothie for PFQ
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
Okay I found another complaint; why the heck were Azurill and Marill changed to match Azumarill's black and white melan... then Azumarill was changed to green? I also have to question, as always, why so many albinos and melans were changed to green... I calculated it out before and less than 2% of Johto's (albino) sprites were green... that number has increased considerably. As I've said these green albinos/melans are a growing trend - but I don't know why and no one on the art staff has ever taken the time to explain to me or anyone else (that I can see) why green is the trend for Pokemon. Is it just someone's favorite color? Did they do a poll and like a majority of Pokemon users prefer Green over all colors? Green is also really hard to work with when you consider other colors; it doesn't really work well with... anything, depending on the shade of green. Even black, which works well with almost any color, can work poorly with some greens (see: Houndoom complaints section). I just don't understand why green is the chosen color to work with and change all these sprites to when it's so limiting, and not a color seen in... any mammals, as far as I know to begin with. Reptiles, sure. Plants? Sure! Those Pokemon make sense. But so many Pokemon ARE based on mammals that it's just... weird to me. It doesn't make sense artistically - it's limiting, and it only really combines well with lighter creams/whites/etc especially on the albinos with that strange zombie blue green - and it doesn't make sense biologically or realistically for a large majority of Pokemon. My two cents on the Great Green Debate of 2018 as always.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger
grandmaster.pngc.png
is it just me or did sneasel get an extra tail? edit: albino sudowoodo is a cotton candy tree!
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
Shazi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShazi
supermod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png

QUOTE originally posted by Silverr Rose

is the change to albino Miltank, and since we were told we could question the artist(s), I would like to do so. What was the thought process behind the change? Why, out of all of the shades, did it change to green, when the albino fit the description of albino already?
it's main colour is actually yellow, not green. it's udder is green. and it's not pink because the normal is pink. we specifically make them not look like pale versions of the normals and shinies. which is how a lot of them ended up as blue/purple or green. I'm also not sure how people are getting green for albino entei considering it's base body colour is blue. the only green part is the face mask. which was chosen to fit the face mask pattern. Suicune's head crest being the same colour as the body is because it literally IS the same colour. it is legit the same colour as the body on the shiny and normal. so it's the same colour everywhere else. as for the increasing number of green albinos, I don't see that there are that many. there are a few more in johto than there was in kanto but it's still really not that many. please can we not turn green albinos into another brown melans situation?
496 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
grandmaster.pngs.png

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

I'm also not sure how people are getting green for albino entei considering it's base body colour is blue. the only green part is the face mask. which was chosen to fit the face mask pattern. Suicune's head crest being the same colour as the body is because it literally IS the same colour. it is legit the same colour as the body on the shiny and normal. so it's the same colour everywhere else.
Oh goodness I'm so sorry. Thought I'd typed blue and not green in regards to entei. The green does work well with the blue however. ^^; In regards to suicune, the horn has always been darker on the normal one it's only the shiny that it's the same colour. I spent hours soft resetting for one. So I guess that's why it seemed notably different?
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

and it's not pink because the normal is pink. we specifically make them not look like pale versions of the normals and shinies.
I just don't understand... why even call them albinos if you're specifically trying to not make them albinos? EDIT: From the Albino Hunting page: An Albino Pokémon is much the same as a regular Pokémon, but white or very pale! Also, I unfortunately don't know about the brown melan situation; it's not just albinos that are getting green, though. For example: Spinarak, Mareep, Bonsly, Sunkern's Line, Gliscor, Snubbull, Remoraid, Delibird (semi), Houndoom's line, Hitmontop, Electabuzz/Electivire, Pupitar/Tyranitar/Mega Tyran, Lugia, and the Azurill I mentioned earlier ALL changed from a different color to green or off-green. And that's just going through the melans, not all of which have been discovered yet. I also did not count melans who changed from green to darker green, like Yanma. And it's made worse because some of them don't fit the rest in their line. Azumarill is green, while Marill and Azurill are purple-black. Electivire and Electabuzz are a green-based black while Elekid is a bluer-based black. I'm not saying that it's not okay to ever use green. What I am saying is that there's a lot of green lately with no explanation. Not just in albinos, in melans as well. Mega Dewgong is a good example - Dewgong and Seel both had their melans, which were a neutral grey-ish black changed to a green-based black. Green is a wonderful color - and there should be green everything. Green shinies, green albinos, green melans. Yet there needs to be variety. Green is such an overwhelmingly common color that it's hard not to notice its prevalence lately.
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
retiredstaff.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
im pretty sure azumarill's melan is different from marill/azurill is because the shiny is yellow while the others are green
summon_kyu.png100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

im pretty sure azumarill's melan is different from marill/azurill is because the shiny is yellow while the others are green
Ah, I'm super sorry to sandwich post, but that argument is negated by the fact that they try not to base specials (at least, Shazi says albinos?) off of the regular or shiny pokemon... so, shouldn't they be consistent with each other instead? I'm just confused as to what the process is; when is the shiny referred to? When is it not?

Pages: 123··· 344345346347348··· 749750751

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page