PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

CupOfCocoa's AvatarCupOfCocoa
I agree with Cerberus. I mentioned this on a different thread, but going off on the color changes of green and such, I personally do not understand it, especially considering the fact that most albinos that got changed to some sort of green (and other varying colors) had already fit the description of albinos. I'm not saying albinos need to follow the strict definition of whites/reds/pinks, and that there can't be variety, but as it stands now I feel like the albinos are well... losing their meaning of being an albino, and instead fit more closer to a definition of leucistic. My most major critique (and disappointment) is the change to albino Miltank, and since we were told we could question the artist(s), I would like to do so. What was the thought process behind the change? Why, out of all of the shades, did it change to green, when the albino fit the description of albino already? The previous version of albino Miltank had pinks/whites/reds, which not only did it fit being albino, but it made sense because it could be seen as "strawberry milk" in a way (with Miltank being based off of a cow). Of course, this critique could also be applied to other albinos, whose color schemes changed to either being a bland color or a dull color compared to their previous versions, which might fit better. I'm not saying I hate all of the revamps; some made the sprites better than other. But my feelings towards the revamp isn't because it's a change that I haven't gotten used to; it's because of the fact that I feel like certain revamps just downgraded the sprites instead of being the upgrade they were supposed to be (prime example, Melan Houndoom).
art commissioned from @maeshipixel on Twitter for my use only
shop - twitch.tv/cuppofcocoa - journaltrading chickensmoothie for PFQ
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page