PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site security update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
In the interest of improving site security, we're planning some changes. Browsers are getting serious about moving the Web towards HTTPS for secure browsing. Some time ago, PFQ made this move, but there has been one lingering issue: Mixed Content Mixed Content happens when a page served with HTTPS includes images or other files (styles, scripts...) that came over HTTP. It is a problem because - in theory - a malicious person could intercept these images or other files, and change the appearance of the site. This makes the site insecure, even though it was served securely. You might have noticed this while browsing PFQ:
Aside from looking bad, it does actually cause penalties in search rankings, especially on Google. The fix is simple: disallow insecure images. This will restore the padlock and "Secure" label, as well as prevent penalties incurred by having Mixed Content. This is 2017 after all... However, the obvious issue is that insecure images will be blocked. That's the whole point of the plan. I'm sure many posts and templates will break. So what can you do to prevent this? Our Image Uploader feature allows you to upload images to a secure system (ours!) and this means you can link them directly into your posts and profiles without any issue. This is actually better because you don't have to worry about the external site going down: so long as PFQ is available, your image will be too. (We had an issue where people were complaining about images not loading, turned out Photobucket was down...) Hopefully this change is understandable, and doesn't cause too much inconvenience.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
was the update already implimented? i was just wondering 'cause i want to make sure imageland still worked on here ^^;
Hello Everypuppy! DeviantArt || YouTube || Twitter Avatar by Matsu-Tsu @ DeviantArt
What about gifs?

QUOTE originally posted by StarsNeverStop

was the update already implimented? i was just wondering 'cause i want to make sure imageland still worked on here ^^;
This is a planned update, not one that's already done.

QUOTE originally posted by ImmørtãlSøul

What about gifs?
What about them?
TK-8912's AvatarTK-8912
Good to know. Always nice to be sure we're safe and secure. Cheers!
TK-8912 Your host with the most. Check out my new trade shop!
I'm talking about how is a gif going to be able to work on pokefarm uploader? I don't think it will still be moving when it's uploaded through pokefarm.

QUOTE originally posted by ImmørtãlSøul

I'm talking about how is a gif going to be able to work on pokefarm uploader? I don't think it will still be moving when it's uploaded through pokefarm.
Our uploader supports GIFs... It's just an image, why wouldn't it?
Shee-Chwan's AvatarShee-Chwan
Oh well, gotta find all images that ain't uploaded on PFQ and do it, then change all the urls~ P: I'mma doing that later, because right now I'm playing something else~ XP *Wonders how many pictures she'll have to upload and remplace in her Journal~ P:*
~Shee-Chwan, The Hopeless Dreamer~
~I'm very friendly as long as you're not rude, I love helping around, so ask away and I'll be happy to answer your Questions the best I can!~ ~(I'm somewhat shy at starting PMs, but I really love to receive and send them back! > Until I run out of things to say, sorry~ o3o")~ (I love to help out with Trade-Evolutions BTW, I'm always happy to help out others in need~ :3)
Kïpcha's AvatarKïpcha
I really appreciate this step being taken to secure the site, img urls aren't hard to replace. but I do have one question, will sally be able to store all this new information okay? o-o
It's worth noting that if the URLs start with "https://" then you're fine, there's nothing you need to do about it.

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page