PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Zero's Wall of Ramblings

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 123··· 1011121314151617

Zerø's AvatarZerø
~Clearing up all personal ramblings in my journal that are more mental health rants. I don't want people stumbling on this journal and worrying. If you're that curious you can always read the post history. :D~
  • Featured PKMN
  • Site Events
  • Links etc.
Lv. 51 — 5,666 / 7,957
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
0 x 5 × 2985 Current Chain: 1/203
Artwork made by Cabbaccino.
Check out my trade Shop, I'm buying Shiny Pokémon for my Shiny Living dex! My first field has free Pokémon, just drop me a PM with who you want!
Zerø's AvatarZerø
Been a whole week since Christmas. I've had enough time to cool off and I'm not over the idea of Christmas like I felt I was at the time. But maybe I'll use this as a lesson to not stress about it and let whoever's doing Christmas dinner, get on with it themselves. (Unless they ask for help, of course.) But I had my Birthday yesterday too, so that was cool. Made my own chocolate cake with hazelnut icing that proved a hit with everyone! (I'm not a fan of most shop bought cake. The nice ones are usually the expensive small ones, not practical for a birthday cake.) My sister and I came home and played some Co-op Stardew Valley while waiting for the new year to roll around. It's not really a time to celebrate for us and more a war to keep the dogs calm as fireworks go off for an hour or so. Poor things really don't like the loud noises but fail to realise that for our neighbours, they're even louder! Overall it was a nice Birthday. I'm not about to reel off what I got but between Christmas and my Birthday, I've gotten a few Switch games and lots of great novelty gifts and clothes, I've no complaints here! Here's to 2020, only time will tell what I'll come to accomplish this year. I don't bother with proper resolutions but this year I want to focus on learning more of the technical side of drawing/painting, to help improve my art overall. And I'm really going to try posting more pages for my Nuzlocke comic, it's been dormant for over a year now and that needs to change! As for my PFQ goal, hatching a Melan this year would be nice, or maxing out my Normal Wishforge badge. I think I've been hunting Buneary on and off for two years now and I wouldn't mind a change of pace. XD
Zerø's AvatarZerø
I recently bought several packs of melt in the middle chocolate puddings that were on christmas clearance from the shop I work at. (Yes, it's taken them until the end of January to drop the prices of their frozen party food because they're stingy.) And man do they taste amazing. The sponge literally melts in your mouth and then you taste the dark chocolate centre. They're sickly but taste so good! I wish they were something the shop regularly stocked, I'd happily buy more. :3
Zerø's AvatarZerø
*exhales slowly* Trying a new way of drawing humans and... well it's something. But I'm not actually happy with anything I'm producing and it's just frustrating me. But I really want to get better. I like cartoony stuff but I'd still like to be able to draw more proportionally accurate characters. Screw anatomy man. >:/
Zerø's AvatarZerø
I have so much easter chocolate left over and I keep buying more from the sales. Somebody stop me (from a safe distance, of course.) Started back at work on the 22nd after taking some time off due to the stress of everything. The UK's lockdown went into full, enforced effect during that time and now human trials for the vaccine are in effect. It'll be interesting to look back on this post in a few months time. At least I've got all this chocolate to tide me over for the time being.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
Man I feel so lazy. Hours have dropped at work, leaving me with more time to work on personal projects but so far I've just sat watching YouTube or I've been playing Animal Crossing... I wish I had a better work ethic, there's so much I want to do but I lack the motivation and attention span to do it right now.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
When you think voice acting could be a fun hobby but you end up feeling self conscious trying to voice a character and shy away from the idea, even when you're in the room alone.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
I've hit a mental art block and I've not had it this bad in a long time. Nothing I draw looks right and things that didn't normally bother me are now straight up causing frustration. And it's not a question of motivation. I WANT to draw, I have a bunch of ideas, redesigns and all sorts that I WANT to work on. There are new things I want to try but the moment pen hits paper, the pen explodes and the ink goes everywhere (theoretically speaking). I don't like how anything looks and my brain is refusing to look past it. I even tried painting straight onto the canvas without sketching anything beforehand. Spent a good hour on the project, stopped and closed it without saving it because it looked awful and I saw no way of fixing it. Normally if I want to sketch something, I can create something I'm happy with in an hour or so but right now I can't get past 10 mins without needing to start fresh and try again. I really hope I get out of this funk soon, I'm not going to have the free time I do right now forever.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
A 1am idea turned into this lazy doodle: You can see how lazy the sketching gets towards the end as I got tired XD (Click for full version) For context, the game this originates from (Sonic Forces) shows this cool void, Null Space. Which appears to be connected to the powers of the main villain, Infinite. Most players expected Null Space to be an actual stage (as there's a cutscene before it) but you're in this void for all of 15 seconds before the characters literally run out of a supposedly inescapable void and into another area. Which is admittedly one of the game's better stages but still, it's a major letdown. Aside from making the previous cutscene pointless, it's also missed opportunity for some more abstract platforming. The argument could be made that nothing should exist in such a void. Which is what this doodle aims to 'explain away'.

Stupidly in depth explanation within.

The player hero (red wolf) holds a gem, the Phantom Ruby, that's a weaker version of Infinite's gem and source of power. Essentially being a prototype. So if Infinite can willingly create something from nothing, then perhaps the hero can too. The Phantom Ruby creates illusions that can become reality (no, the game does not do a good job explaining this, it's best not to overthink it.) and this includes what the beholder desires. In this case the player has a flashback to friends they may not see again and emotions swell. (Sonic freaking out not reassuring this inexperienced fighter at all) and this desire to see his friends again activates the Phantom Ruby, creating a path to the exit. A theoretical stage in my mind would have platforms with no rhyme or reason to their formation (altering gravity was used in a previous stage and I'd bring it back here too.) only the platforms have gravity, so unlike most tag team stages where you can just play as Sonic, the custom hero would need to grapple to different platforms to get around. As they advance closer to the end of the stage, things start to dissipate and they'd come to realise the prototype is weakening as they get closer to the exit. Their exit is beginning to fade and so the two make one last mad dash (a double boost, being a main mechanic of the game and how they originally escape the void in game) and are able to escape. But even if you didn't bother with a stage and went with the original stage in the game, you could use this as a mini cutscene that follows on from them both getting sucked in and with nobody but an inexperience rookie with him, Sonic lets slip some insecurity and worries about letting everyone down again but upon seeing the rookie is also struggling with this and still manages to help, Sonic is able to refocus and strives to get them both out in one piece, leaving Null Space and justifying the music that plays in the actual stage. And if you've actually read all of that. Thank you very much for entertaining my silly, fangirl ideas. ^-^
Making up concepts for Sonic stages is something I do enjoy but I lack proper experience of stage design to do anything past conceptual stuff.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
~Clearing up all personal ramblings in my journal that are more mental health rants. I don't want people stumbling on this journal and worrying. If you're that curious you can always read the post history. :D~

Pages: 123··· 1011121314151617

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page