PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

GROAN: Get Rid Of Adware Now

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Kira the Cat's AvatarKira the Cat
@KitKatKutie2, there's no way for that to happen with MalwareBytes. Unless you downloaded a fake version of it. People are getting savvy with making fake anti-virus and anti-malware programs that do more harm than good.
Art Credits:
Avatar created with the Catlike Icon Maker website. It is free to use.
Wanna Battle?
Pokemon under level 30 will be refused. Train up and come at me :3
Nataku's AvatarNataku
I had this problem on PF1, where suddenly ads appeared so I asked a mod about it and he told me it was an ad/malware issue and where to download a program to prevent it. So Pokefarm staff saved my computer! :3 I hadn't had ads before that time so it seemed odd to me and so I decided to ask a mod if it was a glitch or something in case cuz it only happened on pf1 back then which made it super weird. The ad/malware removal program the pf1 stafmember told me to get really helped though. It's good that attention is given to this since a lot of probably young users of the site wouldn't recognize it as a problem.
When life gives you lemons;kindly accept its misguided charity and incorporate them into your scheme for world domination~ Anonymous My avatar is mine. From the image 'yes milord'. Proof:MY Deviantart account!
Lucario321's AvatarLucario321
KitKatKutie2 did you make sure you downloaded from the OFFICIAL website? as Kira the cat said- many are fake. if it is a fake, the real one will most likely get rid of it.
Charlie's AvatarCharlie

QUOTE originally posted by Kira the Cat

@CrazyLuvWolf: Google MalwareBytes, it's a free, and I mean completely free unless you decide to get the pro version, anti-virus software. It scans your computer and completely removes any and all adware and malware. I have it on my computer and use it once every few days.
MalwareBytes and Spybot Search and Destroy are essential. It helps to have more than one AV software, because obviously it's difficult to get 100% accuracy. Also, sandbox your browsers if you're not using chrome. Don't always opt for the default installation settings--check to make sure they're not trying to install some bunk toolbar or something. I can't believe people can let it get that bad.
My bed is a pool and the wall's on fire
KittyKatze's AvatarKittyKatze
I only have adblock because most of the time all the ads do is give me headaches/migraines :/ I don't like denying you money but its either that or not be able to come on the site at all because of the headaches I suffer :/ I actually ended up having to remove chrome and move to firefox because of an adware extension that I couldn't get rid of.
Ponyta's AvatarPonyta
I was using adblock, but didn't realize it was what keeps this website running, added PFQ to my adblock exceptions.
Sei's AvatarSei
Locked due to the thread degenerating into a discussion about adware.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page