PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345678910

XØXØ's Avatarhypermode-12.pngXØXØ
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png
If it's TR related.. asking for help from your teammates to make a pair that helps your team... etc.. should be 100% valid. The TR rules must be adjusted & clearer for us players. The majority here... seems we are all saying the same thing.
Collecting Wishing Stars!
summon_ete.png× 208 / 500
Icon Credit : CuddlyKanin Signature Image Credit : Xenomorph
Genuine question, What are the threads made for then if we can't help out team with lending/pair making/ect.? I understand that it's obviously for people participating within the race and to show specials, but I don't understand how getting help with TR related things is considered "begging". Yes, using trade threads for things like pair making is good, but from experience, if your team mate has the pokemon you need and you haven't gotten any responses in your thread, I don't see why it would be considered begging to ask your own TR thread if anyone has what you're looking for, especially if people in their intros literally say that they'd be willing to help people.
  • About
  • Links
  • Credits
Mango/Llionare | 17 | He/They/Joltik | Artist who thinks of train men 24/7

u.pngField clicks appreciated! | Current hunt: Sneaslets! h.png
Journal |Pms/trades:✔️|Trade shop
Music recommendation:Rising Kingdom by Captainsparklez/TryHardNinja
Name: Kudari <3 Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Pfp by King-Psycholyze (Free to use.)
Bug clan button made by Iona.
Electric clan button made by MochaFox.

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

QUOTE originally posted by skiddo

Just an idea, might polish this into more of a suggestion if it's something people would see benefit from. Maybe, if the main concern here is that "trades belong in the trade forum" - maybe allow users to post links to team-relevant trade/giveaway* threads in the type race thread? Eg, instead of making a "does anyone have/want this" post in the main team thread, the user could link to their buying/trading (not begging) thread instead, so any trading and responses to the query could be made in the trade thread like the staff team's vision, not in the main type race thread. * (aka, not contests, just giveaways)
Players can actually do this all they want right now, so long as the links/asks are in their forum signatures rather than making up the content of their posts.
Most people I feel just scroll past signatures in TR threads. Its possible it's just me but after seeing someone's signature once, my brain doesn't care and every time they post (in TR threads or otherwise) I just scroll passed it without reading it again. But also, like others have stated but I want to reiterate, calling it "begging" to post in the TR thread if anyone has a spare for making a pair that will ultimately help the team is kind of dumb. I get it in trade forum threads or something but asking for help on a TEAM BASED COMPETITION THREAD being against the rules is so odd my guys. If we're not allowed to ask for help with pairs because its "begging", then what's the point of making TR a team thing if we can't help the members of our teams? That's what it feels like is being said with this specific thing. And I also agree that people posting specials every time they get one is super spammy though I really love seeing them. Last race I felt that way when I posted my own every time I got one. Maybe a way around this is if its limited for your first S, A, and M of the race and then one big reply at the end with the others you hatched. But that is also probably mostly up to the leader than needing to be an overall rule for it.
PFP of V from BTS edited by my best friend
2nd Place Team Flying March 2024! Made by Juku!
Score: 2372
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
SlitherCain's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSlitherCain
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Lucifer

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

[snip] The trade forum is massively inefficient in comparison. I like helping my team members build pairs, again because it's nice and it's easy and because it also benefits me, but I'm really not willing to scroll pages and pages in the trade forum looking for my teammates who are trying to get pairs ahead of the race. [snip]
This literally happened to me this TR! I posted in the trade forum a while ago looking for Impish Gala Zigzagoons and got a grand total of 1 reply. I ended up just hoping to find one in a free field thread, but no luck.
Wanted to add here that I had a similar issue for a mon I needed to complete my Type Race pair. I did end up with two, but that's because someone responded to my eventual desperate request for one of the Trade Forums by offering an array of summons just for what I wanted and a free field user offering to help get one after I mentioned how it didn't have what I needed (and I went through TEN different fields to try and find one.) Not everyone has the time or patience to look through all those forums, so logically they're going to ask their TEAMMATES for help and sometimes they only need one mon rather than the complete package. Also I'm guessing this is partly because of people offering to buy Sweet Hearts and Cookies to help with Breeding Pairs during this Type Race? You know, the main part of the event that encourages giving to others during the time of the month that encourages people working together? I just...want to get clarification because if that's the case then WOW.
[Profile picture is from an early-game cutscene in Fire Emblem Engage]
perhaps a solution to this could be have separate forums. One could be for trading/lending/breeding pair creation. One could be for updates on situations and asking for advice. APlus we can even set aside One to showcase specials. by doing this we can make it easy to help teammates as well as reduce spam.It would probably make life easier if you don't need to scroll though dozens of specials to get answers to your questions or to find the one offering free specimens of that one pair you're trying to build.
Avatar made by my good friend SeventhSeraph https://pokefarm.com/user/SeventhSeraph
Score: 2064
BearlyZeke's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-ghost.pngBearlyZeke
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
Also a quick edit to add that I haven't read every post here, I just got home and wanted to put my two cents in. In December's TR, I ran into the TR Trading issue and kept myself corrected because I genuinely did not know that offering FREE S/A's was not allowed. In January's TR, I remembered this issue... so I made a single post with all of my loans and freebies, and kept that single post updated with the stipulation that the person inquiring MUST PM me, not reply to me on the thread. I would link back to it in my forum signature. I even asked a moderator in PMs if this was okay to do, and they said yes it was fine. I definitely am of the belief that TR Trading is unnecessarily restrictive. And as a reminder, I was not selling my specials... I was giving them away to my teammates. Maybe my solution (see January mention above) could be considered a new rule? Maybe a new rule that states players can have a single post to keep updated with loans/freebies/etc., and the TR leader can link said post in the member's list?
Trade Shop S/A/M sales, box hunts, dexing, and more! -~-~- Highlight rare genders in the Shelter with THIS code! ♥ UPDATED on 23/May/2024 -~-~-
Porrim's Avatarhypermode-12.pngPorrim
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png
Hello. I am so sick so please forgive me if I do not see a typo or if my words do not makes sense. I'd also like to state that I am NOT attacking ANYONE, site team or repliers, in this post. I'm bad at words and I want to make it clear that every opinion is valid. I saw this post, read it carefully. Went through every reply, one by one, read it carefully. Then went to the actual type race rules and read through those, very carefully. And I can say it left me with more questions and confusion than anything else. I'd like to touch base on the rules as a whole first. As someone who 1. Does not live in the UK and 2. VERY often misreads written rules, rules do tend to slip past me. That said, the overall site rules are very difficult to find, and I think a set link in our bookmarks to them would be helpful. Also, the site wide rules are nice and fleshed out, while specific thread rules... Are not. The actual type race rules are very little, but it's weird to see one say "no trading" but then say lending a borrowing pairs is fine, when Methos stated in the first post that lending IS a trade. Lending a SINGLE pokemon, though, is against the rules? Why? That seems like a very blurred line that needs to be fleshed out or thrown out entirely. It's not type race nonspecific, so I literally do not see how it goes against the rules. In the same vein, I noticed a rule of "no cheerleading." My type race team is in the lead right now and is ecstatic about it. I see posts in there all the time of "guys we're x amount in the lead, we've got this in the bag!!!" Is this considered general cheerleading? I'm asking honestly. I'm autistic so to me it is, but there are no examples in the rules (I LIVE on examples in rules) so I have no idea what that means. I've also noticed someone in these replies mention general chatting and how it doesn't occur in type race threads, and I was actually very shocked to see it's not anywhere in the rules on if that is allowed or not! I qas under the impression that general chatting would break type race rules, so if that could also be clarified I know we'd all appreciate it. Now, onto who I want to respond to in this thread. I'm on mobile so I can't do quotes so bare with me. The idea of having a place where we can ask to buy summons related to our type race hunt, or to ask for or buy the hundred on mons hatched during type race, is so funny to me. What is the point of having a TEAM THREAD if we cannot support our team? I LOVE when people go "hey, I really want to hunt /pokemon I happen to have a huge hoard of/" because that makes me feel, personally, like I'm contributing more to my team than my lousy point total. I LOVE giving people on this site things. If I have Arceus plates, I'll give those away so fast to the people who make buying threads for them, it makes me happy. It's just so weird to see one announcement of Niet (bless him and all he does) changing things to make the site more "interaction friendly" while simultaneously seeing rules being enforced (again, bless the mod team and all they do) to make a TEAM EVENT less interaction friendly. It could be because I don't mind begging as long as it's not pointed at one person. Posting in someone's trade thread or PMing someone asking for stuff is gross, but asking a general question seeing if people maybe have extras of something is far from begging in my mind. That said, no idea why "passive asking" is even a thing. I do not see how asking a whole group of people in the team thread is not also put under this "passive asking" exemption. But I digress. Having multiple threads for different things for type race is a gross (imo) idea. I love seeing all the specials people hatch, it helps me decided on future hunts based on how sick melans look, but having a thread for trades, a thread for specials, and the main thread would leave a lot lacking in all but the specials thread. I have many more thoughts about things that were said in here but I just took meds and so now I'm too tired. Please team, just consider listening to the people asking you to rewrite or clarify rules. We all love this site and being accused of breaking rules that are too vague is so disheartening. I'd also like to restate that my post is in NO WAY attacking the player base or the team. I love you all and obviously people are going to have various opinions on how to end issues. I just think some suggestions would have weird outcomes but if it works, it works lol.
Memento Mori.
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
grandmaster.pngb+.png
Hello! Ok. Seems to me there are different kinds of people going on here. A, who wants help B, who wants to give help C, who just wants to do their own thing A and B are clearly not going to start reporting each other. Problems start when all the helping clogs up the thread or A asks C for help. So what about, in the first post of Type Race, have a list of players by username with the kinds of help they are willing to provide teammates and an instruction/reminder to help each other in PMs or trade threads?
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
moongoer's Avatarmoongoer
grandmaster.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by maeblythe

I actually didn't know about this rule. I feel like being able to ask people if they have unwanted Pokemon for pair building (only one time, not begging) within the thread makes type race more fun, but I'll know not to do that from now on.
Agreed, I had no idea that this was considered begging. It feels like part of communal team building because you need pokemon from two different trainers for a high level compatible pair - if you're not targeting any specific person, just opening it to your team for the type race and being clear about why you're asking, that is, to me, demonstrably different to approaching someone and asking for X or Y because you've seen that they have it. I understand that this is the word of the rules and I know for the future but I understand why people are confused about this. "If anyone hatches a spare female Shieldon they don't want, I'm looking for one for pair making, but if not no worries, I'll hunt Tinkatink instead" in a type race thread is very different to "can I have your shiny Ponyta" even if it's in the same thread or "I've hatched no specials but you all have so many it makes me feel really bad... if I had just one shiny or albino I would be really happy". It's all technically "begging" but I think everyone reading it would understand that the first request is not just expecting something for nothing. And if you, for example, have been unlucky when looking for a rare gender for your planned type race hunt, know several people on your team are already hatching them but wouldn't want to ask for something with nothing in return so you outline what you would be willing to offer if someone could help you... that's now trading, and that's also not allowed! I would also like to say that some of my least exciting and fulfilling type race experiences has been when teams would only use the thread to post special hatches, and my best have been when people used the thread to chat, to co-ordinate, to share resources and, yes, congratulate each other on rarer hatches. But it does feel very sad and lonely when special hatches are the only thing being posted in the thread.
Score: 2550
TR score badge credit icon from fire emblem cipher!
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
arceus.pngb+.png
If I understand the rest of the player base correctly we all assumed begging was more like "hey player can I please please please please have this pokemon?" and even when told no they continue to ask. Not only is that spam but also begging in the user bases eyes, if someone disagrees please clarify for me. I do understand the staff definiton of begging is differnt here but in general I'm not sure we thought of asking for help with pairs or spare/free field pokemon was considered begging.
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi

Pages: 12345678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page