PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 78910

WytchyLynx's AvatarWytchyLynx

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

hidden for length

QUOTE originally posted by WondrlandInSpace

Asking for a Pokemon to keep, free or not, isn't a problem IF the other player has already offered to give away Pokemon for that purpose, but why is PMing the player to take them up on their offer not the go-to method for players, instead of posting in the Type Race thread? A private trade like that just... isn't the business of all the other players in the thread?
probably because the idea is, if i publicly state im asking for the pokemon, others know its taken. rather than the person getting multiple pms and having to PM each person back, one comment reply going "oh ill take it" and everyone else knows its gone. if that makes sense. basically i think it is the buisness because its an offer to all the other players on the thread, so its their buisness to know when its gone. the person can edit it, but thats after they pm everyone whos already asked. imo its just cleaner
While that makes some sense for unique Pokemon like specials, established breeding pairs or shelter passes, it wouldn't encompass giveaways of the spare Pokemon they're presumably hatching in droves. Someone earlier suggested maintaining a single post with offers that the leader could link to in the first post and update when things were out on loan and therefore unavailable. That makes a lot of sense to me. A lot easier than seeing someone post that they were offering a star pass for loan and needing to check the next couple pages of posts to make sure no one took them up on it. ...it really doesn't help that PFQ forums unfortunately weren't designed for the type of high-traffic, multi-purpose threads that Type Race threads have turned out to be.
@skiddo: Players aren't forbidden to offer to give away free Pokemon. The limit is posting the offer once per Type Race thread, because before limits were put into place there were players making the same offering posts every few pages.

Rule 4 quoted from TR rules

"A Type Race Discussion thread is not a substitute for a Trades forum thread, and it is poor sportspersonship to try to make a profit off of your teammates. Do not conduct trades in your Type Race thread except for lending/borrowing breeding pairs or Shelter Passes. If you wish to give away free Shiny/Albino Pokemon to members of your team, you may offer this once in your Type Race thread, and teammates who take you up on your offer must send you a PM instead of posting in the thread. If you want to give a special deal or discount for team members, do so in a Trades thread or Trade Shop. Should you want to advertise such a deal, do so in your About Me, Trainer Card, or Forum Signature."
I'm having a bit of confusion over this part in particular. Red gigaremo and egg supplier passes are not allowed to be offered like the shelter passes are, because they are not specifically mentioned in the rule. But we are supposed to assume single regular pokemon are allowed to be offered to make breeding pairs despite the rule only specifically saying breeding pairs or shiny/albino pokemon can be offered? Am I understanding this correctly? Or did I miss where it says single regular pokemon in a different part of the rules? Either way I definitely agree the rules need some updating and clarification. Also, thank you Methos and other mods for listening to feedback and giving clarification. It is appreciated.
Lynx • They/She • 35 • IV Breeder ShopDiscordJournal
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
I think the tr rules need to be adjusted/redone/made more clear as if most of how I have viewed things with the team working together the last few months has all just been us breaking the rules then I don't see much reason for me to make any thread postings past my first post asking to be on the team click list. I would like to ask what the staff thinks should be talked about in a type race thread? Like if we can't ask for help, can't cheer on team mates (no cheerleading) then what? I am not going to bother up voting the 100+ specials that get posted I would rather not get the notification for those posts most of the time. Rus postings are nice but as I rus hunt I don't need them either. A few of us might talk a little about v wave/bonus day strategy but that doesn't really go more than a few posts. A few leaders have done a little extra and gotten little conversations going sometimes about fave pokemon of the team type but if you don't care for most of the pokemon on your teams type you aren't going to care or take part in the conversation. So again like what conversations do we have that are related to the type race other than those I just pointed out? Also with the responses as I was writing this. I feel as though what is being said is the team leaders will have even more work to do in maintaining the first post. I also don't see this working very well for those teams that don't get anyone as a leader as the first user who posts doesn't want to do it. If I am making my into post to include and be updated constantly with what I have to offer then for me anyways I see even less reason to post anything else at all in the type race thread. I can literally update my into post with specials hatched as well as anything I have to offer users so why make any other posts? Sorry if anything comes off wrong or spelling is bad I am on my mobile, multitasking atm dealing with my toddler.
My type race5192. My trade thread can be found here
× 151 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
EveRiddle's AvatarEveRiddle

-snip- Asking for a Pokemon to keep, free or not, isn't a problem IF the other player has already offered to give away Pokemon for that purpose, but why is PMing the player to take them up on their offer not the go-to method for players, instead of posting in the Type Race thread? A private trade like that just... isn't the business of all the other players in the thread?
I think I have an answer about the PMing aspect, apart from the TR Leader preferring to see what is going on and be able to update the main post. And it also informs the rest of the team what is available and what isn't. Just makes things flow faster and less steps, sort of stream lined or less 'paper work' to use a phrase that is awkward but means the same. Also as others have stated keeping it public knowledge makes it feel more on the up and up. Also and this more so a side note so many users do have a personal rule against PMing (for various reasons), so becomes a situation that can stress the PMer out wondering if they will be ignored at the very least or causing the other person some sort of anxiety attack at the very worst (though that I'm still unsure if I understand, just seem to see it as a reason people give). I prefer the PMing method unless they say otherwise, even if it is a bit of a cluttered mess.
  • Shop
  • Other sites
  • Forum Info
Drew the avatar myself, for my use. She is a kitty girl I drew in paint for fun of it. Avatar in my about me currently is also drawn by me, she's a harpy but not colored in. Current Type Race score: 1308
I have a shop now ^^. Need to work out some sort of banner/button.
Flight Raising, same username don't mind being poked there but not active on that site as much anymore.
I still get anxious on forums, but trying to work on that. Notr: This pfq tabs I'm using can be found in this guide
I will make this thing pretty at some point
Methos's AvatarMethos
I think there might be a misunderstanding with the suggestion that players maintain a single post linked in the first post. It would absolutely be unreasonable to expect the leader to keep track of every single loan and update accordingly. The suggestion is that the leader add the link to the player's giveaway/loan post in the first post, and then the individual players maintain their own posts to say things are available/unavailable. Similar to the leader adding new teammates to the clicklist. Otherwise that would be a nightmare for the TR leader.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

I think there might be a misunderstanding with the suggestion that players maintain a single post linked in the first post. It would absolutely be unreasonable to expect the leader to keep track of every single loan and update accordingly. The suggestion is that the leader add the link to the player's giveaway/loan post in the first post, and then the individual players maintain their own posts to say things are available/unavailable. Similar to the leader adding new teammates to the clicklist. Otherwise that would be a nightmare for the TR leader.
I could get behind this as a compromise. As it is now feels pretty chaotic, where leaders list what pairs someone has but are unlikely to update when things get lent out. And by opting in to being listed, you're implying that you're ok with PMs, so that whole mess is neatly dodged. I may regret asking this: Would it still be impermissible to mention what Pokemon you're seeking in your intro post that gets linked? As in "Hi, I'm hunting Charmander, and I have Cyndaquil pairs for lending, and I'd really like to do Torchic next but still need a female for my pair" I don't want to keep harping on this, but it's kind of annoying imo that *lending* half a pair is ok, but it's suddenly immoral or something if they're able to keep using it after the race, but only if they explicitly asked in-thread. I want people to say what they're looking for so I can keep my eye out for matching Pokemon - I don't want to dedicate 3 fields to TR freebies just because someone on my team might need one, when I can just breed or shelter hunt something that someone will really appreciate. And I don't want to lend those - I have no use for them if they're returned to me (since they're my OT), and it's just more hassle to follow up on the reverse trade. I think I get what you're trying to prohibit: people using the TR team generosity to stock up for hunts they might not do until months later, or are planning on re-selling. But tbh I don't really care if people do that, and if the ask is fairly reasonable and contained to the single intro post it's not really clogging things up imo. If someone has like a list of 50 Pokemon they want it's kind of obvious what's going on, and in the gray zone, if they're asking just a little too much, the natural consequence is just that their request is more likely to be ignored?
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover

A leader would need to list more than just the post link or a lot of users won't bother. Like say I am leader I would need to have the intro post linked and some sort of probably (table list) of things that are offered in that users post. Otherwise as a normal user looking for someone with what I need i would need to go through every users posts to look for what I need. Also if I am the one with the intro post if I just say I have free pokes that match the team type then the user looking for a certain poke needs to go through each team mates fields and find it. This is no more helpful than just going and looking through users free fields already posted in the trade forums. A team mate going "I need x poke to complete my tr pair if anyone has free spares?" Is a lot more efficient in that those giving out help can see you ask for help and be like "I got you:)". Overall I just feel as though if the type race Team thread is this restrictive on things (that by the response to this thread nobody seems to find a real big problem with) then make limitations for things but don't take away the way we all work as teams. If that makes sense.
Rainquail's AvatarRainquail
So what I'm getting from this whole thing is, make a trade post, specify it's only for your teammates (or allow others to buy the stuff, but it'll only be free/waaaay cheaper to your team) and ask the leader to link your trade to the first post to gain traffic, as well as slapping it into your signature and hoping the right people see it. And that's our solution to this entire thing. And just pray people see it. Sure, I can work with this. As long as the TR leader would be allowed to link this trade forum, I can see this working. It will be kind of awkward to make work, as the team would have to click away from the thread to see what's available, but if this allows me the freedom I'm wanting in being able to give to my teammates, I'll take it.
Methos's AvatarMethos
Mocked up a quick example. Figured it might as well happen in the same post as joining the team, so it's using a version of that form.

Example

Username: Methos Pronouns: N/A Hunting: Emolga Mascots? None. If you do not intend to loan or give away Pokemon, delete this line and everything below before posting. PM me about any of the below! Do not post in the thread to ask. Loaning: -99% Pidgey pair (Available) -99% Fearow pair (Out for loan) -Shelter Pass X (Available) Giving Away: [Shiny Emolga 1] [Albino Emolga 1] PM me if you need an Emolga or two for breeding!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
No pronouns. Don't refer to you. /j Thank you for the example, it makes things a lot more clear. Hopefully in the future, if this format is successful in reducing "spam", the mod team will consider allowing other items and resources to be given away (via private message) in TR threads ^^
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Okay, this makes sense. But the expectation is to have it all in the main post of the TR thread? I feel like it's kind of there now with the tables showing what is available in the type race thread? (At least I have a tab with everyone's available items and pairs to loan, I think most do) Maybe I guess it could be all listed under a tab that states to PM the user instead of just having it on the thread. I still figured it would be nice to have the post in the thread because of the additional accountability and such, and it being public I feel would deter people from being dishonest. I know you guys can see the PMs and such but it feels like a lot of extra work for you! I dunno I'm just really glad to see the continuing discourse 🥰
Score: 19,016
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!

Pages: 123··· 78910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page