PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account re-activation

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

Sedona's AvatarSedona
I really, really like this change, I think it's smart, and for the most part, it doesn't really inconvenience users too much.

QUOTE originally posted by EstherGamer

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Asia

Okay... where I can check for e-mail I have registered? It was so long ago, that it is possible I'm not longer using it /have access to it.
You can contact Support to ask - it's not listed anywhere you can see it. Perhaps that can be changed in future. Actually I think I was planning to make it visible but never got around to it since it wasn't too important.
I hope it'll be changed in the future, I'm pretty sure I registered with an old email but don't remember (it's quite likely, considering I joined in 2021 and at the time I could still access that email) but I'm too nervous to ask...
This is the only thing I worry about, too. A lot of people, myself included, don't know the email they registered with or don't have access to it anymore. (School emails, emails they made when they were young and no longer have access too/can't recover etc.) I think it would be a good idea to have a way to update the email PFQ keeps on file for users. If it's a worry that someone will hack in and change the email address, would there be a way to add a "you must have 2FA enabled to edit this part of your account"?

Sedona | They/Them | Adult

keeper of the spreadsheets
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri
EstherGamer's AvatarEstherGamer

QUOTE originally posted by Sedona

If it's a worry that someone will hack in and change the email address, would there be a way to add a "you must have 2FA enabled to edit this part of your account"?
While I would understand such a thing, it would also lock me out of changing it because I don't (and won't, yes you can get annoyed, I promise I'm careful with passwords) use 2FA for my own sake. It's hard enough for me to track one thing for each site, having to jump through the equivalent of the stupid Steam Guard thing every time I want to log in is just too much. (I don't like Steam Guard...)
Avatar is an edited version of Sky Forme Shaymin's portrait from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, edited by me. (Sprites by me)
Sedona's AvatarSedona

QUOTE originally posted by EstherGamer

If it's a worry that someone will hack in and change the email address, would there be a way to add a "you must have 2FA enabled to edit this part of your account"?
While I would understand such a thing, it would also lock me out of changing it because I don't (and won't, yes you can get annoyed, I promise I'm careful with passwords) use 2FA for my own sake. It's hard enough for me to track one thing for each site, having to jump through the equivalent of the stupid Steam Guard thing every time I want to log in is just too much. (I don't like Steam Guard...)
Maybe a different alternative would be that you'd have to submit a support ticket, and they'd update it on the backend? I know that puts extra work on the mods though. It could even be an either/or - either you enable 2FA and can change it yourself, or you submit a ticket. I'm just spitballing here - I don't know how feasible any of this would be from a coding/workload standpoint.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

Maybe a different alternative would be that you'd have to submit a support ticket, and they'd update it on the backend?
That's literally the procedure lol Just contact Support.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
shi-no-ori's Avatarshi-no-ori
what if said individual dousnt know or have that email anymore it a smart idea but im just asking
pfq is a drawing my mom made years back
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by shi-no-ori

what if said individual dousnt know or have that email anymore it a smart idea but im just asking
... Why would that stop them from contacting Support?
This is actually a really good way to handle it! 90 days is plenty long enough of a grace period before "locking" the account down, and I presume if it's flagged as inactive, it still remains clickable by the rest of us (ex - mass clicklists) While not the best security measure by any means...perhaps you could lock the email page down by making us enter in our birthday to view it? It's already a piece of optional data the site can have to give us birthday week clicks/etc and while the day of our birthday is semi-easy to find, the year is harder. 2fa is ideal from a security standpoint but, especially for younger users, is not ideal for everyone unfortunately so I'm just tossing an idea out there.
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Techtonic Rage for May:
Score: 1025
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Twice's AvatarTwice
Thanks for being quick with this, I think that's a great idea and hopefully it helps if this kind of thing was ever attempted again. A shame it's needed at all but people can be selfish/cruel. I still don't understand what their intended purpose was in all this but maybe that's a good thing that I don't understand :') As for everyone mentioning not knowing their email, I had the same issue a while back and I promise sending in a ticket to support so I could change it was pretty quick and painless!
Icon commissioned from DandyBambiAndy on TH.
Shirarisun's AvatarShirarisun
for those who are concerned about just contacting support: from my own experience, they are super quick when it comes to getting your account moved to a new email! when i wanted to start playing again i knew my account was tied to an old email (i made this acc in 2015) so i contacted support on my new one and they moved everything for me within a few hours! obviously, this was just my personal experience and i know staff have lives outside of pokefarm so it may take a bit longer for others but i can confirm it was a pretty quick and easy process!
shira//any pronouns//-4 server time hunt journal
Collecting Teal Masks for future Ogerpon hunt! (1 so far)

pfp source | sprites from kirby super star
berrypass's Avatarberrypass
Good! I think this will be really helpful!
...and that's a wrap.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page