PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account re-activation

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
In response to the Account Breach Incident, I have made an adjustment to inactive accounts. If an account is inactive for 90 days, then the next time it is logged in to the user will see the following message:

Reactivation required

It has been over 90 days since you last logged in. For security reasons, your account must be re-activated. Gameplay may be severely limited until you do. A link has been emailed to you at your registered email address. Please follow the link in that email to reactivate your account. If you have any questions or need help recovering your account, please contact Support - the link is at the bottom of every page.
As explained, the user's account has been marked as inactive and cannot play the game, until re-activated using the link sent to their email address. This will ensure that, going forward, inactive accounts are protected against malicious individuals.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
LizzieLuna's AvatarLizzieLuna
It’s a shame you have to do that, but sounds pretty effective. I lost a pretty awesome Neopet account to a changed email address, but that way it’s my own fault and not a thing that happened to me.
Type Race Score: 252
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
GoldenBeary's AvatarGoldenBeary
nice idea niet :)
Asia's AvatarAsia
Okay... where I can check for e-mail I have registered? It was so long ago, that it is possible I'm not longer using it /have access to it.
20 / 150 Tidal bell
183 / 500 Clear Bell
74 / 150 Gracidea Seed
141 / 150 GS Ball
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Asia

Okay... where I can check for e-mail I have registered? It was so long ago, that it is possible I'm not longer using it /have access to it.
You can contact Support to ask - it's not listed anywhere you can see it. Perhaps that can be changed in future. Actually I think I was planning to make it visible but never got around to it since it wasn't too important.
Asia's AvatarAsia
Okay, I thnik I would need to update my e-mail. Will contact support then :) Thank you Niet.
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
Thank-you for making this such a high priority and actively improving the secruity as soon as it happens as well as notifing the userbase of something like this. It's horrible that something like this has to even happen due to a few bad choices from others but still, I'm grateful that the secruity of this site is so high on the priority list. Both my neice and son have accounts and it's reassuring that even though I take precautions to my son being online (he's only allowed to click, hatch, use scours/berry garden) the staff generally seem to care about secruity as well. So once again, thank-you for this update & everything you do.
Buying G.Orbs @ 45zc W.Stones @ 25zc Post here
I didn't even know there was an account breach incident, but I'm happy you put fixing things at a high priority, by adding in something like this- simple, but a good way to prevent more breaches.
Turbuggy's AvatarTurbuggy
It's unfortunate that a security update was needed, but I think this was a very good call! And a quick response, as well. Thanks very much, Niet! :]

☆ Buggy ☆ He/Him ☆ Adult ☆

I'm just a lil guy!
Shop Journal Free Fieldscredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Divider @King-Lulu-Deer on DeviantArt Forum Icon @Vandi Signature Pagedoll @Bug2Go on Twitter
☆ Current Hunt: Drifloon
EstherGamer's AvatarEstherGamer

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Asia

You can contact Support to ask - it's not listed anywhere you can see it. Perhaps that can be changed in future. Actually I think I was planning to make it visible but never got around to it since it wasn't too important.
I hope it'll be changed in the future, I'm pretty sure I registered with an old email but don't remember (it's quite likely, considering I joined in 2021 and at the time I could still access that email) but I'm too nervous to ask...
Avatar is an edited version of Sky Forme Shaymin's portrait from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, edited by me. (Sprite by me)

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page