PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Content Level Within Contest Entries

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

@miha, see my previous reply.
Sneaky Shadow's AvatarSneaky Shadow
arceus.pngc.png
Thanks for adding a report button! I remember there was one entry (a few years ago) that didn't seem suitable for this site, but with no report button, I couldn't submit a report. Thankfully it didn't win the contest, and someone else had posted about it in the forums, but now a report button makes it easier. I do wonder though, what if people reported submissions just because they didn't want someone else to win? / Submissions that they thought were bad, but wasn't? I'd feel bad if someone reported my submissions when I felt there was nothing wrong with it, or without knowing what is going on. While I don't smoke, and don't promote smoking, I do make funny submissions, but people have different ideas of what funny is supposed to be. Out of curiosity, could people give a description with the report they are submitting, for the mods to read? Such as, after the report, adding a description such as, "Twig in mouth and smoke resembles smoking." It would pinpoint what the mods should look for, rather than sometimes trying to figure it out. Sorry for the over share, just my concerns. Thanks again for adding the report button to the contest entries. (Thanks Garthic and Gumshoe for your responses, I feel better knowing this now !) :)
[Avatar art by me.] Quote me if you're talking to me, please. ♪~ @u@
Momohiki's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMomohiki
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge.png
In relation to this where's the best place / link to view all website rules? I'd love to read them to ease my irratirrational fear of possibly accidentally breaking any rules in the future. P.S .Is there a way to request removal of our entry if we're concerned it may be interpreted as breaking any rules?
Foiry's Avatarhypermode-12.pngFoiry
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga+.png
Good to see this!! I saw a few when going through and voting and was wondering how the rules affected these kinds of entries. It's crazy because I've seen nine since posting this. c;
Just because someone reports something doesn't inherently mean that action is going to be taken against something... If I reported you for... I dunno, existing xD Something silly, yeah? Then you would have no action taken against you because there's nothing wrong with you existing (in fact, I'd be scolded for that reason because it would be trying to use staff as personal attack dogs with no actual rule-break occurring!) Reports are not an automated thing and reasons / explanations are requested. If not enough information is provided and we cannot see anything wrong then more information is requested. You can find the rules in the "Announcements"-section of the forum! But for the sake of ease, here - have a link c: A link to the past rules
pachimaroo's Avatarpachimaroo
grandmaster.pngc+.png
thank you very much for this. going through contest entries and seeing such can make me uncomfortable.
🩸🌑 “You are bold. I honor your independence. You are one to teach the gods their limits. I hope the bards will praise the glory of your death in song.” collecting summon_xay.pngrelic3.png!
credit
Background from The Elder Scrolls iii: Morrowind Avatar by Me F2U code by Gumshoe
Chixken's AvatarChixken
champion.png
I really didn't think that was going to be close to smoking related. What came in my mind was those cool guys that be in those animes with them chewing on a toothpick with their sunglasses. The closest thing I had to a toothpick was a stick with a leaf on it so I used it. I'm really sorry if it was potrayed that way :(
DeepSeaScale

DeepSeaScale

Evolution Item

(item.png: 0)

A scale collected from the deepest ocean.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +994,611
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DragonGround
Happiness 27%
Relaxed nature
Gumshoe's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGumshoe
mod.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
"edit" before posting: I know Garth sniped me but hopefully this is still useful :''D

QUOTE originally posted by Sneaky Shadow

I do wonder though, what if people reported submissions just because they didn't want someone else to win? / Submissions that they thought were bad, but wasn't? [...] Out of curiosity, could people give a description with the report they are submitting, for the mods to read? Such as, after the report, adding a description such as, "Twig in mouth and smoke resembles smoking." It would pinpoint what the mods should look for, rather than sometimes trying to figure it out.
We on the moderator team never act on reports without confirming the reported content has actually broken our rules. Additionally, intentionally false/malicious reports are against our rules, so abuse of the report system in that manner would not be allowed. If someone reports a contest entry in earnest, but the content is deemed to be acceptable by the moderator team, the report will simply be closed with no action taken. This is true for anything you report here. We always appreciate when users report something they think is against the rules; even if it's not always correct, it's better to be safe than sorry. The report function will allow a short description of why you are reporting that entry.

QUOTE originally posted by Chucono

In relation to this where's the best place / link to view all website rules? I'd love to read them to ease my irratirrational fear of possibly accidentally breaking any rules in the future. P.S .Is there a way to request removal of our entry if we're concerned it may be interpreted as breaking any rules?
The Rules can be found linked on the top of every page (granted you haven't changed your Bookmarks) and at the bottom of every page. Both are labeled with the text "Rules". For your convenience, here is a link to the Rules thread. If you are concerned your entry has broken a rule, please reach out to a Moderator via PM and provide a link to the Pokemon in question so it may be reviewed.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
grandmaster.pngd+.png
It's not the first time I've seen the "twig plus smoke" thing XD Glad this is being enforced, but remember kids: you can always use a twig and a flower/bubble/sweet candy instead of smoke and make your Pokemon eat a lolipop instead! :D
summon_jir.png × 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
BalmungMP5's AvatarBalmungMP5
ultra.png
playing devils advocate here, but smoking depictions are usually considered "PG" I thought. banning depictions of smoking is more of a "G" rated thing isn't it?

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page