PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The PFQ Wiki needs you!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567

Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
Some of you may remember the old announcements on how we need all the help with the wiki that you can provide! Things have changed since then, Wiki Editors were added, some had to leave us since then, new Wiki Editors joined. But one thing hasn't changed:

The Wiki still needs your help!

The wiki is a community project. Everyone can edit it and add in new information! Or change outdated info. This is especially necessary as new features are added, old features get changed or just simply, because the recode happened and things look and work differently now. Yes, things changed after the recode and there are still pages that are not up to date about this! Which is really unfortunate, because users are getting false information. :C So please, help the community out! There are various pages that need to be worked on or are just missing some information. There's also a bit of cleaning to do. And some bigger projects needs to be worked on. For example, the pages on PFQ exclusive Pokémon are looking so sad and empty. Look at this sad little Apocalytic Golett page, there's so much more that could be worked out about it. (I just picked the first Exclusive I saw, they all look the same.) It would love to have a page that isn't just the bare bones. There's so much to do! And the current Wiki Editors can't do it all on their own! ... At least not in a timely manner. You don't need any prior experience to edit the wiki! We all have to start somewhere, the PFQ wiki was the first one I edited and the wiki survived it. And I wasn't thrown out of the Wiki Editor team, yet. You don't need to start with the biggest project if you're still unsure, we appreciate every correction and addition to pages. And who knows, you could earn yourself a nice sparkly userbar. C:
Just take a look at it...

Some things that are good to know:

Spoilers! Fact is the Wiki is bound to have spoilers, it's filled with information. However spoilers needed to be hidden away. Tag them properly and I mean properly as shown here. Spoiler example code: <spoiler show="Reveal your secrets" hide="No! I didn't want to know!">I am secretly evil. Muahahaha!</spoiler> Spelling British spelling please. PFQ is a British website, therefore we want British spelling, not American. So colour instead of color, etc. Preview "Show preview" is an amazing function: It let's you see how the page would look like if you would save it right now. Please use it before actually saving to make sure it looks like it should look like. Some nice links List of all existing pages (pages in italics are redirects, we also need more of them!) Wiki Discusssion Thread MediaWiki Formatting help Guide to edit the PFQ Wiki pretty lengthy in case you need something to fall asleep to. I'm looking forward to see your name on our Recent Changes page!
Short Update: If you find a page that needs to be deleted, or which name needs to be changed without creating a redirect page to it, please contact me. You don't have the rights to do so if you're not a Wiki Administrator.
Update: New Wiki Discussion thread was created, please use this one for any talk regarding the Wiki!
Moçhellez's AvatarMoçhellez
like how do we earn ourselves the use bar thing.
PlasmaStorm's AvatarPlasmaStorm
Just...help edit things on the wiki? And you are suppose to help out because you genuinely want to :p Not to be rash or anything, just saying.
'You are too late, I'm afraid. This flower's already dead'
Pokesonas Karyuu Yurui Comic Avatar is drawn by Tsuzera and used with permission
c r e d i t
Reshiram sprite is official. Coding and template is by TheFabuTor for free use
Zerø's AvatarZerø
Is there a chance a new thread can be made here for Wiki discussion for Pokefarm? I'm aware discussion pages are a thing on the wiki but when I was trying to edit my first wiki page, I had no clue where to start and so looked for a thread here but that thread has since become inactive. Also, could a guide be made on the Wiki to help new editors on how to format the page so it meets the standards of the wiki? I'd assist in making a page like this myself but I've only actually edited one wiki page. I don't feel I'd be experienced enough.
  • Featured PKMN
  • Site Events
  • Links etc.
Lv. 51 — 5,435 / 7,957
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
0 x 5 × 2985 Current Chain: 1/187
Artwork made by Cabbaccino.
Check out my trade Shop, I'm buying Shiny Pokémon for my Shiny Living dex! My first field has free Pokémon, just drop me a PM with who you want!
CoreSilence's AvatarCoreSilence
Hmm...interesting. Is there a minimum-per-week of work we have to fill? I'm in university right now, and stuff's busy, man. But this looks like something I could do on the side, if you're okay with it? IDK, what are the prerequirements to being officially a wiki-editor?
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi

QUOTE originally posted by Mochellez

like how do we earn ourselves the use bar thing.
We review your work and if it significantly contributes to an improvement of the wiki, then you are rewarded with the title. We take into account the quality of your changes, how much you contribute and how long you've been working on the wiki.

QUOTE originally posted by Zerø

Is there a chance a new thread can be made here for Wiki discussion for Pokefarm? I'm aware discussion pages are a thing on the wiki but when I was trying to edit my first wiki page, I had no clue where to start and so looked for a thread here but that thread has since become inactive. Also, could a guide be made on the Wiki to help new editors on how to format the page so it meets the standards of the wiki? I'd assist in making a page like this myself but I've only actually edited one wiki page. I don't feel I'd be experienced enough.
The thread can still be used (and it is linked in the "nice links" section). It's a bit old, but it didn't really made any sense to delete a thread just to create a new one with the exact same use. Hm, yes. An example page with some basic guidelines might be a good idea. Would also be a good collection for things like templates that can and should be used within a page. But generally, it should look like what you would expect from the normal wiki: A short introduction that summarised the most important parts, and then sections that go deeper into the feature. Images where relevant. But I will look into making one.

QUOTE originally posted by CoreSilence

Hmm...interesting. Is there a minimum-per-week of work we have to fill? I'm in university right now, and stuff's busy, man. But this looks like something I could do on the side, if you're okay with it? IDK, what are the prerequirements to being officially a wiki-editor?
Not per week, no. The review happens on a monthly basis, I stated in my first reply what we're looking into. And you can edit the wiki even without being an official Wiki Editor!
CoreSilence's AvatarCoreSilence
Ah, I see. I must of read over it, my bad. But I see, thank you Uzumi!
Kodiyak's AvatarKodiyak
I noticed that you said:

QUOTE originally posted by Uzumi

For example, the pages on PFQ exclusive Pokémon are looking so sad and empty. Look at this sad little Apocalytic Golett page, there's so much more that could be worked out about it. (I just picked the first Exclusive I saw, they all look the same.) It would love to have a page that isn't just the bare bones.
I'm guessing you mean stuff like, adding what the exclusive is based off, it's PokeDex entry, etc.? :D
Zerø's AvatarZerø

QUOTE originally posted by Uzumi

Hm, yes. An example page with some basic guidelines might be a good idea. Would also be a good collection for things like templates that can and should be used within a page. But generally, it should look like what you would expect from the normal wiki: A short introduction that summarised the most important parts, and then sections that go deeper into the feature. Images where relevant. But I will look into making one.
Fair enough on the subject of the PF thread. I guess I was unsure if it was still used because of how old it is. Good to know I can use it when in doubt. In regards to the guide, I feel it'd be greatly appreciated. I had a hard time finding somewhere that covered the code that can be used for formatting. But there's more I feel users need to know aside from that, like where to find the image uploader and how discussion pages work and those editor notes (official name has slipped my mind, the notes you can leave that say 'add images' etc) and how they work. Then again, I'm saying this as someone who only ever read Wikipedia and when it came to the PF wiki had no idea what to do. So it could just be a new layout that I'm trying to learn is making feel this is a good idea. Good to know it's being considered regardless.
Mediator Lu's AvatarMediator Lu
OH! I keep finding old information and missing sprites/broken image links and such on the Wiki and thinking "wow this needs updating" but I wasn't sure if you needed special permissions to edit the wiki / the guideline standards etc. and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had that spur of the moment "I'd lend a hand but nnnn" feeling. Thanks for letting us know Uzumi, I'll have a poke around and see what I feel confident fixing ' v '

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page