PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #13 - No time for rhyme... wait...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123

Gem217's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGem217
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga+.png
Oh my! Just the thought of all the organising and tables and codes make me so excited! 😂 😂 I live for lists and spreadsheets and folders so this is just like heaven! Hope your having fun setting it up!
Pokemon trainer since '99 u.png
Score: 0
Credit to LycanKai
9.pngsummon_sui.png × 391 / 500
Buying for 20zc
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Peckish

are you converting this site making a new site with all this on?
You should check back in some older announcements and dev log posts, but the short version is that I'm building a new game, loosely based on the successes of this one, but separate.

QUOTE originally posted by Sanae Kochiya

much love from here.
Thank you <3

QUOTE originally posted by Lumi0014

If you're converting the code, I highly recommend using ChatGPT to translate at least SOME of it. It'll make the workload a little easier at least.
Er... no. While ChatGPT is incredibly powerful, it is not perfect, and I'd likely be spending more time double-checking its work than I would just doing it myself.

QUOTE originally posted by Cavitate

do you do in-line comments ? json isnt comment-friendly so I'm wondering if that would be a problem (maybe a future problem lol)
Good catch. It's technically JSONC ("JSON with Comments") which is then "compiled" into JSON (just delete the comments from the file) as part of the minification process. The source files are full of whitespace to look nice and tidy, but the file that the game will actually use is just a blob.

QUOTE originally posted by Gallevoir

aren't formes just one Dex entry right now?
They are not. Every individual forme counts as an entirely separate Dex entry here. That's why the total Dex entry count is almost at 1,500 now even though Gen 9 has only just reached 1,000 - we don't have that many Fakemon to make up the difference!

QUOTE originally posted by BendyDemon

if you eliminate the dexxing of certain pokemon like those Alphabet things and consider it filled if you ust get one of them seems kinda pointless and takes out the fun and challenge. For example if I get an 'Unknown Q' then the dex says I got them all then it seems like a waste so why would I go hunting for the rest? Unless I am interpreting that wrong.
You are indeed misunderstanding. If you get Unown Q, the Dex will give you the entry for Unown, and the completion for Unown Q. If you then hatch Unown X then you won't get a new entry but you will get the completion for Unown X. The distinction between "Entry" and "Forme" has been in the official games more or less since the beginning.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom
master.pnge+.png
I’ve never really understood coding well but I love seeing people talk about things they’re passionate about. Seeing you explain these things with a whole new fresh enthusiasm is really amazing. I love this slime mould of a site and I’m looking forward to the things you can now do with PFNew!
Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk! My door is always open and I have experience with mental health issues. Spinarak drawn by me
Wanderen's AvatarWanderen
grandmaster.pngc.png
Thank for taking the time to explain this, Niet-san. It all sounds pretty awesome. Am happy for you to have found a coding language that makes organizing and implementing all the multitudes of details in this game less of a headache. Am looking forward to the more casual pace of PFNew. Out of curiosity, can we expect an overhaul of the hunting system? Maybe instead of buying radars and charms and things that boost the odds but don't guarantee a certain result - we could just save our currency and buy the certain result? Prices would of course vary depending on whether that ordered result be a specific nature, forme, variant color scheme or Delta type. The rarity/step count for hatching an egg could also influence prices. So it still wouldn't be cheap to get a melan legend, but the player could skip chaining. Understand that not everyone will agree with this but personally find the possibility very appealing, extra especially in the absence of a shelter. Whatever you do, chase your happiness.
Drew my own avatar, finally, so yes I have permission to use it. =)
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Wanderen

Out of curiosity, can we expect an overhaul of the hunting system? Maybe instead of buying radars and charms and things that boost the odds but don't guarantee a certain result - we could just save our currency and buy the certain result? Prices would of course vary depending on whether that ordered result be a specific nature, forme, variant color scheme or Delta type. The rarity/step count for hatching an egg could also influence prices. So it still wouldn't be cheap to get a melan legend, but the player could skip chaining.
That would be pay-to-win :D
GrayGriffin's AvatarGrayGriffin
master.pnge+.png
Hooray for optimizing code! The new code looks and sounds like it'll work way better!
My first shiny!
Wanderen's AvatarWanderen
grandmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Wanderen

Out of curiosity, can we expect an overhaul of the hunting system? Maybe instead of buying radars and charms and things that boost the odds but don't guarantee a certain result - we could just save our currency and buy the certain result? Prices would of course vary depending on whether that ordered result be a specific nature, forme, variant color scheme or Delta type. The rarity/step count for hatching an egg could also influence prices. So it still wouldn't be cheap to get a melan legend, but the player could skip chaining.
That would be pay-to-win :D
In what way is having a certain color, nature, forme or Delta type of any single pokemon species the definition of "winning" though? :D And if it's only available via in-game currency earned via interactions and participation in events then it's not blocked from anyone. On this site as it is now, doesn't hunting for any specific result contribute to hoarding, mass clicking and player frustration? Since PFNew is aiming to avoid all this, is it wrong to expect drastic changes or even total removal of the current hunting process? What if it became more like customizing your Trainer card and image? In my own opinion that would be extremely welcome. I can imagine that any player currently concerned about losing a pokemon that is special to them in this version of the game might take some comfort in knowing that they will be able replace it once they have unlocked the eggdex and earned enough game credits for their custom order. Taking it further - what if this system also allowed players to order custom eggs for each other? I could send someone a birthday gift on the exact date or cheer on a type race leader without having to chain. There could still be limiting factors - and what those are exactly would be entirely up to you.Maybe a player could only send and receive this kind of planned gift once per week or something. Maybe both players have to have the egg dex first. Maybe repeat gifts gradually increase in price. *shrugs* Please understand that all of these are just questions and ideas. I've enjoyed my time here and look forward to playing PFNew however it turns out. Your excitement is contagious and makes me hopeful. Please keep questioning the old things and finding ways to make the game bring you joy again. Edits: added further rambling, killed some typos
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I'm trying to learn computer nerd stuff, and half of what you said was technobabble, lol. I'm trying. I'm happy that on PFNew, we won't need every form for "dex completion". Forms are giving me nightmares right now. Eggdexes are already a pain XD
summon_jir.png × 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
grandmaster.pngb.png
it's a wonder the old code works I knew it's hard to adding to/changing it but now I see why

QUOTE originally posted by ColoredGayngels

1. pls tell me where to learn JSON/related
w3schools
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 05:38 PM
Score: 0
TR code credit

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by BendyDemon

if you eliminate the dexxing of certain pokemon like those Alphabet things and consider it filled if you ust get one of them seems kinda pointless and takes out the fun and challenge. For example if I get an 'Unknown Q' then the dex says I got them all then it seems like a waste so why would I go hunting for the rest? Unless I am interpreting that wrong.
You are indeed misunderstanding. If you get Unown Q, the Dex will give you the entry for Unown, and the completion for Unown Q. If you then hatch Unown X then you won't get a new entry but you will get the completion for Unown X. The distinction between "Entry" and "Forme" has been in the official games more or less since the beginning.
I was actually confused on it, and as someone who was hunting to get the completed dex entry for the melanistic Unown Dex
7/28 entries
, seeing the work (when migrated hopefully) wont be a waste!
You know what is great? Knowing somewhere out there, someone is salty that you are still fighting along in this rulebreaking game of Life. I do Shiny Charm Swaps for 25 GP each! just send a labeled trade!
Any Equivalent, even 25,000 credits or 5 zc
WIP 2ND TAB! Credits

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page