PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #13 - No time for rhyme... wait...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Discussion open, hope the post wasn't too rambly or nerdy lol
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Peckish's AvatarPeckish
Omg, this looks so cool and hopefully easier to code ^^ Just a question tho, are you converting this site making a new site with all this on?
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
161/250 Till my Zarude hunt!
CQHerosteve's AvatarCQHerosteve
Coding is always so impressive to me, it's hard to even think about how the first people who create technology like the computer uses strings of code to make something as simple as a hello message. I'm sure you can write an entire book on just how to code just one page of this silly egg hatching game, let alone the whole thing. Keep it up, and good luck with the coding! You got this. A complex game can't be made in a few months, even if it takes years, as long as the product comes out great that's all we want. Unlike games in recent years... Looking at you official Pokemon Legends Arceus trailer
Made by CQHerosteve
Profile Picture Made by me. Maravol belongs to PFQ, Typhlosion belongs to Pokemon
Sanae Kochiya's AvatarSanae Kochiya
honestly i am just happy. i am happy to see you being happy, and like a child who opens up their gift to find that what they wished for, the stars in their eyes. i am so glad to see you find such happiness in coding and that you are able to talk with us about your newfound joy. the way you explain it, sounds so much more smooth and easy compared to what you worked with previously. good to know you do well in your search for making the new game, your creation, something even greater. much love from here.
profile picture made by the lovely Terabbit~ Albino colors belong to pfq~
1. pls tell me where to learn JSON/related, i am So interested in learning coding of various types 2. i love your slime mold of a site regardless of it being a little janky and slime-moldy at times <3 it was part of what helped make my life suck a little bit less way back when i first found it, and i'm excited to see new developments
• pep • she/they •
Score: 0
Lumi0014's AvatarLumi0014
If you're converting the code, I highly recommend using ChatGPT to translate at least SOME of it. It'll make the workload a little easier at least.
Score: 0
Type Race badge made by LycanKai Icon of my OC Ellis made by Vandi ^^
Cavitate's AvatarCavitate
Very excited about alt forms counting as a single Dex entry. No more trying to hatch every letter of the alphabet (unless you really want to).. side note, do you do in-line comments ? json isnt comment-friendly so I'm wondering if that would be a problem (maybe a future problem lol)
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Devastating Drake April'24 win | made by @Cherushii78
DarthLexie's AvatarDarthLexie
its a real interesting read!!!! im a software dev myself, and its always fascinating to see more about the inner workings of pokefarm!!! (i hate php. worse language. suuuuper useful. horrible to use.) 😩💞
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
I can't even pretend to understand the intricacies of the code itself, even with it simplified like this - aren't formes just one Dex entry right now? - but if it works for you, by all means go for it. We can wait as long as necessary for PFNew to come about if it means it's going to be the best it can be from the outset.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
BendyDemon's AvatarBendyDemon
Forgive me for butting in but while I would be happy to see the 10,000 clicks thing done away with (doesn't do much good for the mouse and keyboard) I still would kinda miss being able to interact with the pokemon -which I assume this place is about- which in turn means you are interacting with the users too. I do like the idea of the 'fakemon' being more like the 'regular pokemon' but if you eliminate the dexxing of certain pokemon like those Alphabet things and consider it filled if you ust get one of them seems kinda pointless and takes out the fun and challenge. For example if I get an 'Unknown Q' then the dex says I got them all then it seems like a waste so why would I go hunting for the rest? Unless I am interpreting that wrong. I am not so interested in attaining ranks -as it seems more impossible now- as I am in collecting my favorites and clicking other peoples critters -so long is it isn't a bazillion clicks (a bit hard on my older hands). Anyways..do as you see fit but from what I understand of coding -which is practically nothing- building onto clean fresh code is probably better than trying to build on shaky and perhaps outdated codes. You don't want to do a 'Microsoft' where they keep building new versions of windows on old code that has tons of hidden boo-boos in it. Anyways..I look forward to what comes next so long as I don't loose what I already have.
Bendy avatar is mine..I drew it. Name: Umachu Name: Wavelength Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page