PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Wishforge: Additional Progress Options

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1415161718··· 212223

InkedMyths's AvatarInkedMyths
Hm, figured I'd pop in with my two cents on the new badges I think part of it is just how jarring it is to see new symbols after so long with having the old ones. It will take some getting used to, that's for sure. I don't think they’re bad, though. I kind of like how you can really see what "level" each badge is (up until the higher level badges), it's a nice visual, especially with the shift in rankings with Nickel and Zinc. The size of the badges bother me a little, but once again there's a lot to be said for getting used to something new. I do kind of feel like a change in colors on the badges would help translate the progression better? But I'm no expert on how to do that, and it would probably clash with the established types of metal being "used" here Anyways. Overall happy with the Wishforge function update, and I think I can get behind the badge redesigns after the intial "Woah wait whats this"
The only Calamity here is the state my life is in. Forum avatar art by me of Millium Orion from the Trails of Cold Steel series
FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech

QUOTE originally posted by SoulWesson

-big snip sorry-
Yeah of course, i can definitely see why you would use the fab friday thing to compare because it Is definitely bright, I'm glad i could bring up reasons why it may be different than the smaller badges and give my perspective on that. Also, just clarifying my "not wanting to fight thing"; i just wanted to start with that since i know i can come off a little combative without meaning, i hope it didn't seem like i was accusing you of anything ^_^ And thank you for explaining more what you meant by "these have been coming for a while", i understand a little better that it was just to quell the "no one knew" thing, though i think (and i said this during sinnoh revamps) a lot of this stuff could be better done if, instead of as a total surprise for what new designs look like, users were given more of an insight into what changes might look like when implemented? Like, instead of "well we've talked about changes for a long time now," more of a "so we want to make these badges smaller, and change the detailing on them in x y z ways, and we want to change the colors, so maybe something like these colors". A lot of the knee jerk reactions ive noticed feel like they happen when the changes are known to be coming, but the drastic-ness of them are a shock, like this. I think more openness about what visual changes will look like can maybe help with that in the future? Like I saw the teaser shazi posted, but it's not really a useful one for most users because most users won't really get those super high level badges; it didn't reflect the changes that would affect the most users, if that makes sense, so seeing what we got was entirely unexpected even if you kept up on updates, and probably caused a lot of the shock? I'm not sure I'm wording this very well, if you need me to clarify a point i will try my best
Please check out my shop!
Zerxus's AvatarZerxus

QUOTE originally posted by LilypadLife

I don’t mean to be rude at all, but is there a reason as to why the newer badges were downgraded? I would just like to know, as I don’t think I’ve read why. Upgrading the badges now takes a lot more gems than the old upgrades in the wishforge- (and more valuable relics too in some cases) Of course, I really like the new badges! Kudos to the artist team for pulling it off! But I do kind of agree with the others in this thread that the sprites are a bit small and the colors are a bit displeasing to the eye… Nevertheless, thank you if someone does respond to this!
From Niet's post: None of them have been downgraded... just renamed

The Badges themselves have been redesigned, featuring a more prominent and intuitive "progression" design. Additionally, the rankings have been shuffled a bit. Nickel and Zinc have been added to the front, and Titanium and Adamantium have been dropped. This doesn't impact their effects, just the names have been moved. Thank you for your patience and feedback. I hope you enjoy these changes!
Shop: SLE, egg passes, summons, & legendary seals - cheaper than site!
Blue Soul Dew

Blue Soul Dew

Summon Item

(: 0)

A small orb with a blue coloration that manages to emanate seriousness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latios.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +2,212,574
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalDark
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by LilypadLife

I don’t mean to be rude at all, but is there a reason as to why the newer badges were downgraded? I would just like to know, as I don’t think I’ve read why. Upgrading the badges now takes a lot more gems than the old upgrades in the wishforge- (and more valuable relics too in some cases) Of course, I really like the new badges! Kudos to the artist team for pulling it off! But I do kind of agree with the others in this thread that the sprites are a bit small and the colors are a bit displeasing to the eye… Nevertheless, thank you if someone does respond to this!
I might be misunderstanding what you're asking about, but the names for the badge levels got switched around a bit. 2 higher up removed, 2 added at the bottom, and the in between shifted up, so might make it look like it's more expensive than before, though haven't seen anything about the prices actually being changed.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Cele's AvatarCele
Hi! I just wanted to chip in and, while I can't answer everything, I'd like to at least help with the badge tier / downgraded questions. The old order was: (1) Bronze (2) Silver (3) Gold (4) Platinum (5) Titanium (6) Mythril (7) Adamantium (8) Nintendium (9) Wishalloy The new order is: (1) Nickel (2) Zinc (3) Bronze (4) Silver (5) Gold (6) Platinum (7) Mythril (8) Nintendium (9) Wishalloy If you were at Bronze before, you are at Nickel now. If you were at Gold before, you are at Bronze now. So on and so forth. I've provided numbers so you can compare the tier you were at before to the tier you are at now -- just match the numbers. :)
sig code and sig bg image made by me
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
Ah that makes more sense, thanks for explaining! I didn’t really understand the name ranking changing, so forgive me ^^
Signature art by TheWildSalem! My avatar was made by Cledanio! ♥︎
TRADE SHOPART SHOPJOINT ART SHOPGYM
BlueRaichu's AvatarBlueRaichu
I think the new badge art is super cute and the colors are alright to my eyes, but I agree they could be a bit bigger?
Avatar by BlubGod (Used with permisson)
Vaporgrave's AvatarVaporgrave
I think things like needing the colours of badges changed, expressing how the progression doesn't necessarily make sense etc. etc. are all pretty valid but uhh the comment about how they look like kids toys and any comments like that are actually kinda rude? At the end of the day that is still someone's art and if someone were to come up to you and tell you your art looks like kindergarten stuff, you'd be pretty hurt no? I do think some of the badges are a little small and could do with being a bit bigger because they make me a little squinty but just uhhh...? I think there's better ways to word dislikes than to go in that kinda direction. Suggesting ways to improve is way better than essentially saying "well that looks goofy"
SoulWesson's AvatarSoulWesson

QUOTE originally posted by FloydLeech

(It's okay, I have to snip things, too <3) —though i think (and i said this during sinnoh revamps) a lot of this stuff could be better done if, instead of as a total surprise for what new designs look like, users were given more of an insight into what changes might look like when implemented? Like, instead of "well we've talked about changes for a long time now," more of a "so we want to make these badges smaller, and change the detailing on them in x y z ways, and we want to change the colors, so maybe something like these colors". A lot of the knee jerk reactions ive noticed feel like they happen when the changes are known to be coming, but the drastic-ness of them are a shock, like this. I think more openness about what visual changes will look like can maybe help with that in the future? Like I saw the teaser shazi posted, but it's not really a useful one for most users because most users won't really get those super high level badges; it didn't reflect the changes that would affect the most users, if that makes sense, so seeing what we got was entirely unexpected even if you kept up on updates, and probably caused a lot of the shock? I'm not sure I'm wording this very well, if you need me to clarify a point i will try my best
It certainly a valid concern and point to bring up, one I do hope is taken into consideration. A lot of people don't like change, much less what may feel like sudden and sharp changes to their perceived Normal. I think part of it is wanting to keep people surprised, and not give things away, but I know a lot of people are very much in the "We don't like surprises" group and that's SUPER valid. But, in the end, this is a community, and it would likely benefit from some transparency to graphic changes, especially if it involves drastic color changes. And on the opposite side of the same boat, I can imagine that art staff and others on the team may not necessarily want to give those small insights because, as we've all seen time and again, we can't please everyone and there may be concern that no matter what they do or suggest, it might receive backlash. (I don't particularly know, however, as I'm not in the habit of regularly conversing with the staff in any capacity.) It's certainly something that should be considered, though; I do imagine a lot of hard feelings would be avoided if there were a "meet in the middle" sort of arrangement, where people can be kept aprised of potential changes and voice their concerns constructively, from both sides, before graphic changes come into play.
Score: 0
Badge by LycanKai
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by SoulWesson

I think part of it is wanting to keep people surprised, and not give things away, but I know a lot of people are very much in the "We don't like surprises" group and that's SUPER valid. But, in the end, this is a community, and it would likely benefit from some transparency to graphic changes, especially if it involves drastic color changes. And on the opposite side of the same boat, I can imagine that art staff and others on the team may not necessarily want to give those small insights because, as we've all seen time and again, we can't please everyone and there may be concern that no matter what they do or suggest, it might receive backlash. (I don't particularly know, however, as I'm not in the habit of regularly conversing with the staff in any capacity.)
The issue I have in this case is the images are directly against site rules. "B. Epilepsy Triggers PokéFarm does not allow the public posting of content that could potentially trigger life-threatening seizures in those with epilepsy or other seizure disorders, or migraines in other sensitive people. This includes flashing, blinking, or flickering images." With something as serious as this, it is very important that it's looked over throughly, I'm not sure if staff has anyone that is sensitive but when it comes to something like this, that's against site rules as is, it wouldn't particularly be bad to at least bring it to the attention of users who are able to chime in on such seriousness because personally I cannot believe the images made it through when they went against site rules. Do not get me wrong, I appreciate art staffs hard work and I do love the designs overall (Though as I said in my previous post, the size differences are a bit jarring but I'm sure I'll get used to those eventually) It is difficult to tell if something will be a trigger to someone if you aren't someone with the issue, I previously had issues due to a font on harsh colors on this site before because of my sensitivity, which I had never even experienced prior. You never really know what is going to cause problems, but if the site actually wants to be a safe place for such an issue it does need to be considered. This isn't a "make everyone happy" issue imho this is a very serious epilepsy trigger issue.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"

Pages: 123··· 1415161718··· 212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page