PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Items to Pass Down Specific Base Stats

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

POLL: What is your opinion on this idea?

Total votes: 18

You must be logged in to vote.

QUOTE originally posted by Daycare Advanced Upgrades

Advanced breeders may be aware that Pokémon hatched from Eggs inherit some of their IVs from their parents. This allows you to breed stronger Pokémon! Normally, 3 IVs are passed down at random. The Destiny Knot can be given to either parent to increase the number of passed IVs from 3 to 5, making it much easier to breed down the stats you want.
True, but that doesn't necesarily mean that the user can be guaranteed a desired Stat can be passed down, but here's some Items to help you out with that! You know those Items that cut down a holder's Speed at the cost of increased EVs? Well, those same Items can be used in Breeding in the canon games! Here's a rundown of that, but remeber, such an Item that increases EVs in one Stat also allows the holder to pass down its Base Stats to its offspring. Power Weight: Passes down holder's base HP to their offspring Power Bracer: Passes down holder's base Attack to their offspring Power Belt: Passes down holder's base Defense to their offspring Power Lens: Passes down holder's base Special Attack to their offspring Power Band: Passes down holder's base Special Defense to their offspring Power Anklet: Passes down holder's base Speed to their offspring The cool thing about this idea is that Niet didn't even know the above Items have such a purpose in Breeding, and that he learned something new in the process. I can see this being abused, somewhat, but it shouldn't be game breaking. As far as I'm concerned, though, the Macho Brace doesn't have any effect in Breeding. Questions, comments, concerns, ideas, refutes?

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Stowaway's AvatarStowaway
I'm neutral. While I am trying to breed 6 IV pokemon, I can't say whether or not I would use this. I might, especially in the beginning when my breeders have one each. So I suppose that's a way to make sure it's not game breaking; pokemon can only hold item at a time. (Though a destiny knot/power item combo might be the best way.) But in the end, they are canon game items, so I don't see why they wouldn't be in this game. I think it'd be something like the IV version of a poke radar or suchlike.
I have pokemon to give and sell. Check my fields!
I'm all in for this, it's a very good idea. I personally will not use it but I'm sure lots of other users will.
the one and only paintionair avatar made by me
Bumping for both attention and to announce that we now have a poll!
schleifi's Avatarschleifi
Warning - spoilerish content of maybe site mechanisms that haven't been revealed/ discovered yet

Click at your own risk

Hey there, I guess this mostly aims at 31 IVs or at least 30s. Cause why would you inherit bad IVs? Well, first of all - there are Perfect IV Pokemon out there that you can use to breed. I have 1, I just haven't bothered with increasing my amount/ pass it over via crossbreeding to total new egg types - but I should be able to do it in a reasonable way. Also while those items might exist, it is important to note that breeding + hatching is somewhat easier on Pokefarm and still serves the purpose of shiny hunting. However this is not the main reason I am posting here and these 2 are just things you can consider - for me they don't result in a "no support!" deal. The real deal is - that the purpose of Master Badges is still undiscovered and from the numbers I collect, they boost the randomly assigned IVs. If that's the case - again, the theory is still unconfirmed - IV breeding would become to easy with this new etra method.
Avatar was created for me by ArtsieRosie. I paid for it and own all rights for it.
bump
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
We already have things in place for this. Go figure them out. :P
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page