PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Let us redo our reviews

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
Years ago, the review system was introduced on PFQ. If you're a new user, you mighr have missed this entirely. Anyway, I wrote one years ago. But due to recent changes or occurances, opinions can change. The only way to re-do a review is to contact the staff about this. This is wheter or not you want to edit this or just re-do this entirely. With the changes to the support system and the freedom to rewrite titles, posts and replies, it would be more common to allow this. Sites like Steam have this in place where, if you want to rewrite a new review, your other review gets deleted. Why not les us change/edit it ourselfs, just like you can change replies and posts? Or let us just remove the review and write an entire new one, with the span of say a few months (like 4) so it doesn't get abused or so. TLTR: let us change/rewrite our reviews every 4-6 months without having to contact staff for this! Pro's: - More independant yourself, no need to contact staff for this - The site changes and so do opinions. It would be a place to voice opinions based on the current state rather than years ago Con's: Let me know, I can't think of any real fast!
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Con: naysayers will accuse me of doctoring reviews if reviews begin to change. This is why when I am asked to update a review, I always insist that reviews cannot be changed, but can be added to. So for example you could keep you original review but then add an "update" to the end.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
But isn't the whole point of a review to give your opinion about the site? Its their opinion, wheter you agree with that or not isn't really their problem. It should and could be a great way to either get the praise or the little tap on the shoulder from the community? I feel like you didn't really consider it besides the 'I'm gonna be painted in a bad light' where... sure some might do that. But the overall reviews right now are positive... ^^'
That isn't what I said.
Okay? But aren't you doing that right now? Staff needs to check what we want to change/edit before we can do that. Isn't that litterly also doctoring? In fact, isn't that excactly that...? If we change our reviews ourselfs, you have nothing to do with them, thus having nothing to do with doctoring? I don't really see your point, sorry.
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
Well Niet if you're okay with people adding to reviews why not make that something we can do on our own anyways? Is there a way to make the previous review untouchable editing wise?
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
I can look into adding an option to add another part to the review. But it wouldn't be a good idea to have editing.
Alright, faor enough Either way I'll be excited to see it :)
Bumpeth ~
Actually y'know what, I can just do an "edit history" kind of thing, where your old review is archived (not counted in total scores) and you can just make a new one. My reasons to object were silly. Naysayers gonna naysay no matter what, no sense in restricting people needlessly.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page