PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

[dex=] Pokédex completion BBCodes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 789

QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Suggestion Title: Dex BBCodes Suggestion Summary BBCodes that display auto-updating dex progess, the same way that [inventory=] displays auto-updating item counts Proposed format:
[dex=egg] for Eggdex [dex=poke] for Pokédex [dex=shiny] for Shiny dex [dex=albino] for Albino dex [dex=melan] for Melan dex

Alternative format using [inventory=]

[inventory=eggdex] for Eggdex [inventory=pokedex] for Pokédex [inventory=shinydex] for Shiny dex [inventory=albinodex] for Albino dex [inventory=melandex] for Melan dex
This would return a number that shows how many dex entries you have unlocked.
Example: In this case [dex=albino] would turn into the number 29.
We would then be able to use [math] to create our own countdown, percentage, progress bar, or any combination of these. (A progress bar like this already exists on the Party page, however what I am proposing would enable a public-facing version that is also auto-updating and fully customizable.) Optional: [dex=eggmax] and [dex=pokemax] which updates as new Pokémon are added to the site (also a bit hard to keep track of manually as new mons/formes are regularly added) Suggested by Cepheus: [dex=egg/Kanto], [dex=poke/Kanto], [dex=eggmax/Kanto] etc for different regions of the Pokédex (like the progress bars found on the Summon Items page) Positive points - Allow us more creativity in displaying / showcasing an important metric of progress on this site - Removes the need to manually update the number every time you get a new entry (or when new Pokémon are added) Negative points None? Anyone not interested in this feature could safely ignore it. Reason For Consideration Some of us might want to put an auto-updating PokéDex counter in our signatures, journals or profiles to show off to others. I know [inventory=typerace] is very popular so this might see similarly wide use if implemented.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
If the numbers can show up on the Pokedex page, how is it impossible? Just to be clear, I'm referring to this "29" here. And even if for some reason it can't be done for albinos and melans, couldn't it be done for the other three values?
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
I mean… they already hatched and therefore the system knows they are albino/ melan instead of guessing what will hatch from an egg

QUOTE originally posted by Gumshoe

From the DLD when the shinyshiny bbcode was added:

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

In a suggestion, now deleted it was also suggested to count albino or even melan with an explaination to how it could work. Would it be possible on PFQ too? :o

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Hard no on Albino/Melan "chain" counting since they aren't a part of any chain.
So it doesn't seem like Niet is up for adding this.
Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm
I think I understand what QuirkyRabbit is suggesting, but correct me if wrong? You're not suggesting it counts albinos and melans in a CHAIN. What you're suggesting is simply a counter to see how many of the melans and albinos you have, like in your pokedex, yeah? In that case? I'd say support if such a thing is possible. That old suggestion suggested keeping chain numbers, not just showing the total number you have dexed. So in a dexing scenario, I wouldn't be opposed.
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)
Yes I am referring to the Pokedex only, completely separate from albino/melan chains and hunting.
Bump in case anyone else is interested
Cepheus's AvatarCepheus
Absolutely support! It would be a lovely QoL add on to have. Maybe we could even go a tad further and say: [dex=egg/Kanto] for Eggdex [dex=poke/Kanto] for Pokédex And [dex=eggmax/Kanto] / [dex=pokemax/Kanto] for those wanting to share each region. I'm partial to the a new [dex] BB code versus just utilizing the [ inventory ] one. [dex] feels a bit more fun.
He/Him • Easily Distracted user? PM me for a free shiny Pichu F2U ICONSFREE DEX TRADES
credit
Icon by Cepheus (me) Background Made by HugaPug from Furry Amino (character mine) Shop Button by Me, edit to official Shroomish by Me F2U code by Gumshoe
I really love the idea of adding regions :)
SouperNova's AvatarSouperNova
I support this idea. I believe this would be beneficial for anyone wanting a simple way to show their dexs. Not being connected to chains is great to allow the albino and melans to be included since it isn't about chaining, it's just about the pre-existing numbers that we already have on site. :)
TYPE RACE
Score: 880
*Profile Picture and Template made by me* *All other images are official Pokefarm Q art*

Pages: 123··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page