PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in [dex=] Pokédex completion BBCodes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > [dex=] Pokédex completion BBCodes >

QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Suggestion Title: Dex BBCodes Suggestion Summary BBCodes that display auto-updating dex progess, the same way that [inventory=] displays auto-updating item counts Proposed format:
[dex=egg] for Eggdex [dex=poke] for Pokédex [dex=shiny] for Shiny dex [dex=albino] for Albino dex [dex=melan] for Melan dex

Alternative format using [inventory=]

[inventory=eggdex] for Eggdex [inventory=pokedex] for Pokédex [inventory=shinydex] for Shiny dex [inventory=albinodex] for Albino dex [inventory=melandex] for Melan dex
This would return a number that shows how many dex entries you have unlocked.
Example: In this case [dex=albino] would turn into the number 29.
We would then be able to use [math] to create our own countdown, percentage, progress bar, or any combination of these. (A progress bar like this already exists on the Party page, however what I am proposing would enable a public-facing version that is also auto-updating and fully customizable.) Optional: [dex=eggmax] and [dex=pokemax] which updates as new Pokémon are added to the site (also a bit hard to keep track of manually as new mons/formes are regularly added) Suggested by Cepheus: [dex=egg/Kanto], [dex=poke/Kanto], [dex=eggmax/Kanto] etc for different regions of the Pokédex (like the progress bars found on the Summon Items page) Positive points - Allow us more creativity in displaying / showcasing an important metric of progress on this site - Removes the need to manually update the number every time you get a new entry (or when new Pokémon are added) Negative points None? Anyone not interested in this feature could safely ignore it. Reason For Consideration Some of us might want to put an auto-updating PokéDex counter in our signatures, journals or profiles to show off to others. I know [inventory=typerace] is very popular so this might see similarly wide use if implemented.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page