PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

External links / Marketboard change

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Some misinformation has been spread out on my behalf, I greatly apologize, my responses were written hastily and without review. So upon further discussion this is what Staff has to say about people getting PMs because of purchases on the market: Please keep in mind that PFQ rules about harassment and begging apply to PMs about Market trades, just like they do to the rest of the site. Anyone caught breaking these rules will be dealt with accordingly. An example of begging and harrasment would be: User A: I have this item for trade! would you like to buy it? User B: No thank you, User A: I can offer it to you for a lower price? Basically no means no and we expect all users to respect that. If anyone has any concerns about this feature the floor is open for discussion and staff would be more than willing to help explain what situations would and wouldn't be allowed.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
XPAngel's AvatarXPAngel
Alright! Thanks Niet!!!
Rivendell, Lord Of The Rings (c) Jrr Tolkien
Tøxtriicity's AvatarTøxtriicity
I have a few concerns about this, mostly that I do flip items cheaply for profit, and feel it's a very valid method to do so as I simply put them back in the market, is this no longer something that is allowed or is this just to single people out for playing the game in a valid way? I feel like this opens up harassment toward people who are legitmatley playing the market. I know it's against the rules to harass people, but even on other petsites people flip out at me for flipping their cheaply priced items and it's against the rules there too. I like the anonimity, I like being mostly left alone by people and this just opens up a window for people to call me scum because I saw something cheaply and decided to profit. Why is this even a problem in the first place, I genuinely don't understand. This is common practice in pretty much every other game out there. Even people bulk buying cheaply and reselling on forums wouldn't be a 'problem' if people didn't continue to undercut each other in the market so severely, and played more patiently. I'm sorry if this seems rude, but this is the main part of the game I like to play and I don't really want to be openly harassed even if there's rules in place to punish people who do that to begin with. It's a major reason I enjoy pokefarm over the competition, this is what I'm extremely concerned about happening, is just the market going stagnant because of harassment of resellers.
profile picture: Taken directly in game of my own toxtricity.
OmgItsBaiwee's AvatarOmgItsBaiwee
I’ve flipped items on the market before. Does this make me a bad person? I just assume that’s a valid strategy for obtaining currency. If someone is offering to buy something on the trade thread for x amount of price, and I see it in the market for y amount of price for less. It’s entirely valid to buy and resell, right? I don’t see that as a scummy thing to do because everyone has the power to look at the market board. With this update, if that person cared, they could hypothetically refuse to trade with me because I am reselling to them. I’m not quite sure how to feel about this change. On one hand, I see the benefits, but on the other it may reduce the chance to market flip. Edit: Fixed my example. Accidentally wrote more instead of less.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It's valid, but people have a right to know it's happening. People were lying about it. That's why the change was made.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It's valid, but people have a right to know it's happening. People were lying about it. That's why the change was made.
I agree that the lying is wrong, you should be honest where your goods come from; but it does feels like the rest of us are being punished for what they did wrong.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Well, you know what they say: "This is why we can't have nice things."
Mischevïous's AvatarMischevïous
It's depressing, but true :/ Some people ruin it for everyone, so we just gotta place our trust in the mods and staff to handle things (and report when needed!)

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Well, you know what they say: "This is why we can't have nice things."
I do not appreciate what these people have done for the rest of us who did things the correct way :( But, I am glad to know that we're not lumped in with those people either, thank you for clearing that up.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I'd also just like to point out that if you are useing the market to flip items on the market again this update doesn't really affect your ability to continue doing this since the seller of items still remains anonymous. So if you buy an item for cheap people will see that, but if you immdieatley relist the item no one will be the wiser ^^ /disclaimer this is just my own opinion

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page