PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

External links / Marketboard change

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I have added an "interstitial" page when linking to off-site places.

It looks like this:
This applies to all [url] codes in forum posts, signatures, PMs, profiles... All of them. By default, PFQ links and shortlinks are "trusted" and will skip this page. Any links to websites you have marked as "trusted" will also skip the page in future. Please note that this does not change the rules on what links you can post. Links should still go to reasonable places, and must still be clearly labelled. But it does mean that we can be a little more relaxed when it comes to things like linking to YouTube videos or other websites with a "comments" section that may be difficult, or downright impossible, to moderate.
The Marketboard now reveals the name of the buyers on the History list. Sellers remain anonymous. This has been done to try and help limit the impact of potential "price fixing", where a buyer can try to fake high demand on an item by buying them themselves, producing an artificial "shortage". Now, such a scheme can be seen by checking the item history. If someone buys up a large amount of items and then tries to re-sell them (eg. on the Trade Forums), now you know! It's not against the rules to do this, but it can be seen as dishonest, so that's why this change was made.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Re: Marketplace change Could you please explain this apparent contradiction? "If someone buys up a large amount of items and then tries to re-sell them, now you know!" + "Sellers remain anonymous."
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 4421 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/12 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

Re: Marketplace change Could you please explain this apparent contradiction? "If someone buys up a large amount of items and then tries to re-sell them, now you know!" + "Sellers remain anonymous."
I think Niet means the trade forums in general, not the market itself.
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
Well since the buyers name will be listed if they try to sell it on a trade thread a few minutes later you kinda assume that the person selling was the buyer
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Added a small clarification that yes, I meant re-sell on the trade forums.
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Feels more like a way for Buyers on the forums to be able to identify if someone offering to sell them one or more of an item at their asking price (on the buyers thread) just/recently bought them 'cheaply' on the Market. ('Complaint' I have seen on several trainer cards/profiles and even in trade threads lately).
Yes, that's correct.
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
Regarding to seeing who bought what at Marketboard is okay, no complaints about that, my only worry is and how should we deal with, for example, I have bought an item that's way cheaper than typical price for the item, as the Seller has missed one 0 in price. The Seller only notices they've made a mistake only after it's been sold, so they can go check who bought it for that price and asking/demanding the Buyer to pay the rest or return the item. I know I'm talking about a hypotetical situation and it's very unlikely to happen, but in case somebody does message you, regardless of their tone in message, how should we proceed with that? I know it'd be a nice gesture to help out the seller, but I also don't want to be messaged about something that I couldn't have been messaged about until now. I've made mistake of selling items for cheaper without realizing because of typo but even if I did have the chance to, I wouldn't go bother the user about it just because Marketplace is supposed to be final, this isn't something that's been agreed upon like at trading threads.
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
That situation isn't as hypothetical as you think. It happens all the time already with the Shelter and Wonder Trades. If you want to "be nice" then you're welcome to, however you are under no obligation to do so. Just like how if you find an accidentally-released Shiny in the Shelter, you aren't required to give it back. If a user pesters you about it, then that becomes reportable behaviour.
Mareep's AvatarMareep
I mean there's no way to proof that the person who pms you was the seller unlike with a released special in the shelter or in wondertrades, so I'd just not trade back on principle
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page