PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #10 [All righty then!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 293031

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hey, it's just me this time. Gonna be a tough one, I'm sure!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Hey Niet! Gosh, where do I even begin? I suppose that I should start by explaining that I don't really have any questions currently, and while I'm usually a fairly quiet site member, I absolutely wanted to respond to your most recent Dev Log. Man, I am so sorry for all of the hardships that you've dealt with in developing PF1, PFQ, and PFNew. I can't even imagine the pain of the broken relationships, the hate you receive at every little change you make (or don't)... I can relate to the struggle with motivation, for sure, but you're in a much harder situation, considering the hate that you get for pushing forward. People can sometimes be such jerks, can't they? And sometimes, they can't even see how they hurt others. But like, SERIOUS kudos to you, Niet, for managing to find at least a little bit of strength to keep pushing forward despite all of the difficulties. That's some admirable strength. I, for one, am happy to see new updates and progress to keep me interested and to keep me going. Sure, sometimes I wonder how well something new will work, but that's how it is with every game I play that gets updated! I enjoy this game, and I look forward to seeing both it progress and also seeing PFNew come to fruition. I suppose I actually do have one question - what can I and any of the other site users do to help? I would be glad to do so if there's any way that I can. For the mean time, I will pray for strength, peace, and motivation for you. Don't give up; what you're doing has a purpose, a benefit, and a value beyond what you can currently see. You have my support, Niet, and I look forward to seeing you continue to work and create good things! :)
not trying to say anything negative about the post's content, not in the slightest, in fact i think it's really nice that you're trying to be upfront with the reason you haven't been motivated to work on PFQ, but personally, i'd put the heavier details in a hidebox with a warning for "upsetting content" or something along those lines. that could probably be super unsettling for people who weren't expecting to read something like that.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Svetty's AvatarSvetty
Hey Niet, mostly wanted to say, I'm very glad you're out of those abusive relationships you dealt with in the past and that you had Garthic and your team there for you. I may not really know you aside from what I've seen but I believe no one should have to be in such a position, to be boxed in like that and unable to work on things or speak to people, or even not being able to enjoy yourself and take a break is unreasonable and unfair. I acknowledge I may be one of the people who may have turned my nose to some updates or ideas put out in the past, and I would like to apologise if I've ever posted in an aggressive tone. I'm not someone who can make a game but regardless of my ability to do so; what I can see is the stress of wanting to make changes to a game where it is constantly being added to such as this one. It definitely would be hard to get a good idea of what people want, especially since it will be divided opinions for the most part. While I very much enjoy PFQ I am actually open to something new, at this point it actually sounds interesting; especailly hearing you commenting saying you want to make something you would also be interested in. I would be very interested in seeing ideas or if you livestream your work. For questions I feel like the main one people may wonder is: Will things we have here on PFQ be moved to PFNew once its developed? If it is much different from PFQ will PFQ be obsolete and removed for the new site? (Those are the only things I can think of now, sorry!)
Svetty She/They Sableye enthusiast
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +9,443,348
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkGhost
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Moss Rock

Moss Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere that's alive with vegetation.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Careful nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,251,883
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Buying 20zc each.
x 23 / 1,000
Hey Mike, I just wanted to let you know he's stepped away for a hot minute - we just cooked dinner so he could do something other than sit at the computer and, I'll be honest, fret. I'll pass that on to him so he knows because it is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion on that front o/
Dia's AvatarDia
i just want to say thank you, Niet, for being vulnerable and sharing your story! i genuinely cannot imagine what it's like to open up that personally to hundreds of strangers, so i commend you on that. i am also glad to hear that your motivation has returned, and i agree that you should be making something that you enjoy! i think when it comes to community pushback on updates, it's because most people (myself included) are afraid of change--having to adapt the way we do things and getting used to a new system and such. that's to be expected, but i also don't think it's fair to staff to act aggressively or rashly, especially in an online form where tone and intention can be hard to gauge. that being said, though, i'm personally excited to see where PFNew goes. i think with a game like this, it's important to have new things added to the mix to keep things fresh. as someone who was around for the transfer from PF1 to PFQ, it can be daunting to put your trust into a completely new format/game. however, i think there has been (from what i remember from the earlier dev logs) consideration for the concerns of players going into a new site. starting fresh, transferring pokémon, etc. but i trust staff and Niet are working hard on making sure this transition is as smooth as possible. thus, i will be eagerly awaiting more updates as they happen :)
official pokemon sprite
background image made by me avatar made by me
Rory's AvatarRory
Holy s- I mean, what the hell man, just how unlucky you have been? I'm so sorry you had to go through all this. But this explains why many suggestions just... sat there, eithe ralready approved or waiting for approval before getting deleted forever. If I had to through all this, I wouldn't have the will to work on this site either. People can really be huge jerks. Not agareeing on something or not liking it is one thing, being unnecessarily aggressive is another. I'm glad you can enjoy working on the Reboot, I really hope it will the game you can finally be proud of and be happy working on it. Personally my only concern with the reboot is about things that take long time to complete and are not so easily transferred like Pokémon, namely, the badges. I'm still working hard to complete my Ghost badge and the idea of having to start all over is quite annoying. Everything else, it's fine. After all, it's YOUR site. PF, both PF1 and PFQ gave me a lot of good memories, and ultimately, this have been possible thanks to YOU. PF is nothing without its community, but the community is also nothing without YOU. So, THANK YOU NIET! If there's anything us common users can do, just say the word^^

QUOTE originally posted by Svetty

For questions I feel like the main one people may wonder is: Will things we have here on PFQ be moved to PFNew once its developed? If it is much different from PFQ will PFQ be obsolete and removed for the new site? (Those are the only things I can think of now, sorry!)
Assuming things haven't changed meanwhile, Niet already posted some stuff in regard of how much will be transferable from here to there, in this post. But if there are news about it, I'm all ears^^
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd
Svetty's AvatarSvetty

QUOTE originally posted by Rory

QUOTE originally posted by Svetty

For questions I feel like the main one people may wonder is: Will things we have here on PFQ be moved to PFNew once its developed? If it is much different from PFQ will PFQ be obsolete and removed for the new site? (Those are the only things I can think of now, sorry!)
Assuming things haven't changed meanwhile, Niet already posted some stuff in regard of how much will be transferable from here to there, in this post. But if there are news about it, I'm all ears^^
Thank you, while I remember that post its easy to forget and I'm sure others (myself included) would want to know if anything has changed since then! Otherwise, I'm excited to hear more about PFNew and see anything regarding it.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

not trying to say anything negative about the post's content, not in the slightest, in fact i think it's really nice that you're trying to be upfront with the reason you haven't been motivated to work on PFQ, but personally, i'd put the heavier details in a hidebox with a warning for "upsetting content" or something along those lines. that could probably be super unsettling for people who weren't expecting to read something like that.
Thanks for bringing this up. I've gone back and put that paragraph in a hide box with a TL;DR above. Let me know if there's anything else that might be better off similarly hidden.

QUOTE originally posted by Lunar Eagle403

I suppose I actually do have one question - what can I and any of the other site users do to help? I would be glad to do so if there's any way that I can.
The simple answer is, just keep playing and enjoying PFQ! I love seeing how active people are, and it might seem silly but I get excited over the numbers that Sally generates in her reports. We recently started getting over 100 new users per day for a while, and that was awesome! Invite your friends, get those Referral Rewards ;) As for the forums, I don't ask for "special treatment" but I do ask that in general people please be a little more considerate of how their words may be taken. And that goes for me too!
Shinekiara's AvatarShinekiara
As someone who has also been trough trauma i can really understand the pain others can inflict on you. Especially on the internet people can spew out their anger and hate quickly, often without realizing how the one recieving feels about it. Things written online can always come over much worse or very different then the way they were meant to be, and as they say, words can do more damage then weapons. But being hurt by someone so close by... i can't even imagine the horror of that. No one deserves to be hurt like that. All the agression online, even the smallest things must have reopened that older, very painful wound. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that suffering. I am so glad to hear you had the help of friends, to fight alone is much harder then with support of people who understand you. Also i want to say i think you are very strong Niet! You never gave up despite all the bad things, and working on an entire game with a community and all those features must be super tough. I have always loved playing on PFQ and still do. Nothing in the world can be perfect, but we sure can make it good together and enjoy that :) I hope the present and future will treat you much better then before. Never give up, keep doing what you love to do. I hope I, and others, can help you in any way you might need. Thank you for all your amazing work so far
Avatar was a reward from the advent calendar here on PokefarmQ (2017 reward for day 13)

Pages: 123··· 293031

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page