PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 222324

L0KI's AvatarL0KI
elite.pngd.png
Jesus christ what a jerk that guy is. Anyways, glad the team will be taking pre-cautions to help further prevent this in the future. I'd say maybe have the possibility of an email notifying you of a login from another device, but I don't know how hard that is to code, or the possibility of it. (With maybe a back-up email option if you don't have an access to the email on you're account.)
titanSlayer's AvatartitanSlayer
champion.png
how do u know if you have been affected by it?
Mirzam's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMirzam
helpinghand.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Blahsadfeguie

Erm... I was one of the affected users, and my password was by no means "easy to guess". At least not to the point where you could reasonably brute force it. But I have been pwned in the past, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that. I'm not saying you shouldn't have a strong password of course, or that 2FA or timed lockouts for failed logins are a bad idea - just please don't be quick to jump to conclusions.
If you've ever been pnwed you can *never* use the breached password again. It becomes effectively as weak as using "password". I've had that happen a couple of my old passwords before I switched to a password manager, and they would have got my Steam account if it wasn't for Steam Guard... that was my "wake up call" to get serious about unique passwords. (Sorry if this sounds harsh, I just want to emphasize that this is serious because next time it could be more than a collectibles game) On another note, I'm also a little confused about having to make an auth app? Most of my 2FA gives you the seed code that you put in to an authenticator of your choice. If you do add 2FA can you make it like that so I can put it with my other codes? Though I don't envy your staff the "I lost my phone" 2FA reset tickets...
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Tarashia

having to make an auth app?
I was indeed wrong about this. It used to be true, I think. Or maybe I've always been wrong. I don't know. But that's why I'm looking into it. Anyway, meanwhile... The VIP list now shows offline times again, but only up to a week. Beyond that it's just ">7d".
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Arebani's Avatarhypermode-12.pngArebani
hypermode.pngarceus.pngsss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Anyway, meanwhile... The VIP list now shows offline times again, but only up to a week. Beyond that it's just ">7d".
Thank you very much! It's much much appreciated♥♥♥
made by cindacuil from PF1
☼ My Trade Shop ☼
made by cindacuil from PF1
D/S/A UFT, over 2.2k Free Dexes, Boxes, ZC and more~ Frusky design by PFQ ♥ Avatar made by Mollin~
Sen-ku's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSen-ku
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnga+.png
I was just about to say, that's the whole reason I put people into my VIP lists to see when they're on and when to excpect responses. And also for raffle purposes but now that it caps out at 7d works too, thanks.
  • Home
  • Shop
  • Raffle
  • Type Race
Collecting: summon_yve.png megastone_sceptile.png
Most Megastones
Special & Regular Ghost Deltas
CREDSART
I sell various S/A, deltas, PFQ mon, and legendaries. Plus Summon Swaps & Shelter searches
Visit my raffle Who knows, you might win something ;)
Score: 0
LightTrainer's AvatarLightTrainer
grandmaster.pngc.png
I was a victim of this sort of thing that May. I was gone for a bit and then one morning I found my account locked. Whoever this jerk is used another person's account to take my albinos and rare shinies from my Not For Trade fields for themselves, even giving them nicknames when I never did. (Especially since said fields were messed up when I checked after my account was unlocked.) I hope this person gets jail time! Those Pokemon they stole were not easy to get!
Sprite made by Champion Spectra!
Icon made by ShadowtailsDerol on DA as a birthday present!
Kyubiisaan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKyubiisaan
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc+.png
My account was affected in March. When I first got on after this person used it, I saw they had been taking melans and stuff and using my account as sort of a holding place while they stole from others. I notified staff that it was likely not just me being affected, and my account was unlocked in April. My question is, why hadn’t this announcement come sooner? I get people are busy, but this is pretty significant stuff.
"It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains." - Assata Shakur
Methos's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMethos
supermod75.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Kyubiisaan

My account was affected in March. When I first got on after this person used it, I saw they had been taking melans and stuff and using my account as sort of a holding place while they stole from others. I notified staff that it was likely not just me being affected, and my account was unlocked in April. My question is, why hadn’t this announcement come sooner? I get people are busy, but this is pretty significant stuff.
This announcement is not actually about your specific situation. As Garthic said earlier, there have been multiple instances where this or something similar has occurred. Edit: This post was also made at the time by Niet.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Rosierre's AvatarRosierre
champion.pnge.png
Hmm, got it. Every step to prevent such behavior is important.
Avatar: Official Tokyo Ghoul Art

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page