PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Crunch Time- A Foodies Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans >

Pages: 123

Shazi's AvatarShazi
It's Autumn in the norther hemisphere so a bunch of Auntumn recipes are coming across my everything basically, anyway here is an Apple tea for you all! I'm weird about cooked fruit but Suri tried it and said it was delicious :D

Apple Tea

• 1 Large Apple (2 Small) Shredded • 3 Cups Water • 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks • Honey to taste • 1 teaspoon lemon juice • 2-3 Pieces of Clove (optional, clove is a very strong flavour) • Green Tea (also optional)
1. Throw everything in a pot and simmer on a low temperature for an hour 2. Add green tea and lemon juice and leave for a further five minutes 3. Take off the heat and strain into mugs and enjoy hot
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Cele's AvatarCele
[EDITING, post WIP / construction] I have an addiction issue with all things well-spiced and pumpkiny, so let's go.

Pumpkin Pie

You will need:
  • 1 pie crust
  • 1 small pumpkin
  • 1 splash heavy cream
  • 1 egg
Plus unknowable and potentially sinful amounts of the following:
  • Vanilla
  • Brown sugar
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Cardamom
  • Cloves
  • Allspice
  • Ginger
Do the thing, Zhu Li:
  1. Wash and peel your pumpkin. I found that my potato peeler was excellent for this, leaving a generous amount of the meat behind. That's what you want. Cut off your stem as close as you can, and do the same with the blossom end of the pumpkin — that is, the brown circle beneath.
  2. Cut your pumpkin into sections, starting with halves and continuing until you have slivers that fit well in your hand.
  3. Scoop the seeds and the fibrous strands of funiculus, or pumpkin guts, out of each sliver using a spoon. The recipe does not use these removed parts.
  4. Cut the slivers of pumpkin meat into chunks.
  5. Pour pumpkin meat chunks into a large, deep pan and add 1.5 inches or 4cm of water, bring to a bubbling boil.
  6. As the pumpkin meat steams and tenderizes, mash into the water with a potato masher, continuing to boil.
  7. You'll be continuing to boil to reduce it now. Once you've got it to a decent consistency, turn off the heat and use a wire mesh strainer or similar to drain off excess liquid. Keep the more solid portion.
  8. Using a large blender, put the solid portion you just strained in. I know this is a wet ingredient, but I like being able to taste my seasonings without risking salmonella poisoning so this is where I added them in. All my spices were powders aside from the vanilla, which was a liquid extract, but toss them all in as well as the brown sugar, tasting and adjusting until you feel like you've gotten it right. Don't be afraid to use a lot of all of them. I winged it pretty hard and my pie turned out great.
  9. When you're happy with the seasonings, add your splash of heavy cream and the egg, and then blend it thoroughly.
  10. Blind bake your pie crust for a few minutes to set it.
Options for waste:
  • I like to pick the seeds out and set them aside to dry because they make an excellent salted roasted snack.
  • Dry the seeds to save and plant in spring.
  • You can compost the stem, blossom end, skin, seeds, and the funiculus. You can do the same with the eggshell.
  • If you have a pet that can safely consume pumpkin parts, these waste products from your project may make a very healthy snack for them. Just be careful about the stem; they may be able to nibble some meat off the bottom of it, but watch and remove it when they're done.
This was ridiculously, stupidly good. Like, it earned compliments from people twice my age when I've never made pumpkin pie myself before. Do it. Let me know what you think! Also, yes I've watched ATLA and yes I loved it. 💙✨
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Shazi's AvatarShazi
My fiance wanted a sweet snack that didn't make him feel bad for eating snacks so I made Granola, which as it turns out is incredibly easy and really simple to customise. For oils I used vegetable, but you can use canola or peanut oil if you prefer. You can also sub out sweeteners, I used honey but maple syrup or golden syrup works just fine. The other part is the tasty treats part, this can be whatever you like. For myself I use a mix of chocolate chips but for my fiance I used dried apple and sultana! for spices I would reccomend checking out what goes with the tasty treats you put in, for something with apples something with cinnamon would be perfect but cinnamon doesn't go with everything.

Granola

• 4 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup Total seeds/nuts
  • 1/2 cup oil of choice
  • 1/2 cup Money/Maple Syrup/Golden Syrup
  • 2/3 cup other additional tasty treats
  • 1-2 teaspoons of matching spices
  1. Preheat oven to 150c
  2. mix oats, nuts/seeds, oil and syrup together
  3. spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, scuffing it about halfway through so it bakes evenly
  4. once toasted to preference and has cooled, add your tasty treats and stir through
SporkoRyk's AvatarSporkoRyk
HELLO IM BACK. Right; story time. I'm a qualified baker. My family know this. Somehow accidentally I made a Crimbus tradition of making shortbread for my family for christmas. its happened like... too many years in a row. I'm okay with it, admittedly, but at the same time I donot remember whatever recipe I use. BUT i found one this year that is FANTASTIC 250g Butter, softened 3/4 cup Icing Sugar 1/2 cup Cornflour 1 1/2 cups Standard Grade Flour 1 CAP of Vanilla Essence. Preheat oven to 150°C bake (140°C fan forced). Grease oven tray or line with baking paper. Beat Butter and Icing Sugar until pale and fluffy. Pour in Vanilla Essence and then Mix again. Mix in Cornflour and Standard Grade Flour until the mixture comes together and forms a dough. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1 cm thick and cut into shapes using biscuit cutters. Alternatively, roll dough into a log and slice into rounds, using a floured knife to prevent sticking. Place on prepared tray and bake 25 – 30 minutes, until shortbread is pale but crisp. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
I rolled it into a log and then chilled it overnight but you don't need to, it happens to be Summer for Christmas here so the dough needs a time to chill out.
Bump! Buggo is here with their generic yummy maccy cheese.
2 Tablespoon Butter. 2 Tablespoon Flour. (Same amount of flour to butter) Melt butter in Pan, Add Flour to make a Rue. Add cup of milk and mix. Add salt+Pepper for taste. Add as much cheese as your heart desires. Mix until smooth. Strain Cooked Pasta, then place Cooked pasta put into oven friendly pot. Pour sauce over pasta, mix it up. Cover in breadcrumbs/Other toppings to hearts desire. Cook for 10 minutes at 200c in Oven. Yom
Hi guys, I'm sorry but I have to close this clan since I don't have the mental health or the drive to really keep this open. I'll be locking this and keeping it up for at least a week before deleting this clan. Thank you for your time and effort, I adore you all.
I LIED. This is still happening I'm not letting this baby die whoops.
Bumping! I know you Thanksgiving-Celebrating people will have some yummy foods! Plus Chrimbus is coming!
Shazi's AvatarShazi
Not really a thanksgiving food since I don't live in the US but I made these cookies on a whim and they have been a hit so here we go!

Yogurt Cookies

Ingredients
  • 125g Butter
  • 1 cup of white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups plain flour
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • Chocolate chips, nuts or whatever else you want to throw in there for yummy treats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 200C
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy
  3. Beat in eggs one at a time
  4. Add all dry ingredients and fold until barely combined
  5. add extra treats. I would reccomend at least 1/2 a cup but honestly I measure this amount with my soul not my brain.
  6. scoop gently onto a baking tray, this is a VERY wet batter so you will not be able to shape these even a little bit
  7. bake for 20-25 minutes, they should be somewhere between a cake and cookie in consistancy.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page