PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #2 [Electric Swing]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 313233

VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I actually just don't like using CSS, and many new players might not know about the option, either. If party clicking is made easier for people like me and them, I can probably get used to the egg timer. Still wish field clicking would weigh a little but eh. Not the end of the world.
Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
I probably wouldn't have such a problem with party clicking if it didn't take me literally half a day (or more) just to max the timer, depending how sick I am (which is Very,, more often than not, thanks body for being a genetic train wreck...) But hopefully this new change that's coming will help with that. Not holding my breath because I'm sure my potato mobile will put up some sort of fight, but we'll see I guess.
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart drawn by me in the Colors3D 3DS app.
Actual sig coming eventually :p
Kannameyria's AvatarKannameyria
Thanks for replying Garthic, and I thank you and Niet for letting us get some of these opinions off our collective chests.

still having major qualms about the change though

For me I think the main problem still is that I already clicked parties, but with my slower internet connection, older computer, historical issues with fields being buggy to load, and a tendency towards wrist injuries (I've seen it called variously tendonitis, RSI, OOS, computer overuse syndrome and chronic wrist pain which is exacerbated by a lack of an ergonomic workspace), the egg incubator was actually an incentive for me to actually click fields. Not having that visual gratification that the timer is filling up quickly adds to that sense that I wasn't getting anywhere and having to work harder. Ergo the perception of being forced to play in a way that is at odds with natural play style, and being punished for interacting at all. (There are other factors working against us as well, times of day when less players are online, or when we don't have a great deal of time to interact, and almost always encountering full parties of eggs waiting for the new day to hatch (and feeling guilty for not giving interactions that would actually benefit the other player), or partially full or completely empty parties of players who were possibly waiting on eggs, 'rus hunting or had run out of pokemon to level, which mean we're actually doing far more work to find those parties for the mythical 1500 interactions, which ultimately boils down to time needed, and more stress which I definitely don't need) Several hours after the update though and I'm still trying to open pokemon from fields and not getting anywhere, so yes admittedly for some of us it's going to be take a lot more work accepting the updates changes and adapting our play style to be able to cope with the change.
It seems like a lot of players who are in favour of the new update view this in the reverse (ie the incentive to click parties more) so it's quite fascinating in that respect to view how others use the site. (And from a gaming mechanic level yes I can see why it makes sense too even if our own perceptions of the change run counter to it being a better thing overall.) (However very much liking the removal of the nothing in boxes - have had a few more of those than I've been happy to get - and while I don't use z-crystals am happy to see that other players get those extra options to use them)

(time for a change - the 2021 day 21 advent is such a cutie!)
saturdaylemon's Avatarsaturdaylemon
Okay, so if Goal: incentivise party clicking (and improve accessibility) Solution: run the Egg Timer on party clicks New Problem: mass-party clicking is harder than mass-field clicking then Improvement: make the Egg Timer at least optionally run on straight interactions and add a daily of "Interact with 25 people" Thoughts?
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
I like the idea of changing the egg timer to rely on number of users interacted with, but then you could have issues of people just giving 1 interaction and then that's it. That's not really incentivising party clicking. Making a new daily task that involves party clicking would be a good solution, but then what would the reward be? Credits? We really don't need more currency in the system. Same with giving out more items.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 280
Yahan's AvatarYahan
What if we just tweaked the interaction daily task to be just parties? (And if it needs to be lowered to reflect that, that’s ok too) (Haven’t overthought the pros and cons to that yet so I’m not sure if it’ll actually be a good idea. I know people opposed to the new timer will most likely think it isn’t. :P)
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
Flapple's AvatarFlapple
The new egg timer update is actually wonderful for me currently, since I am one of those people who use css to make easy clicks and with less clicks my carpal tunnel is like "thank you". But its still clear this isn't the case for everyone and I don't think its going to have the effect the site wants or at least as drastic of a change, its still just as hard to party click with its lag and set up. But I think changing the amount of interactions to account for that was a good balance. One thing I wish is that party clicks could reset in a way? Like say I click a persons party and they refresh their eggs it would be nice if they had the chance to pop up again for my "open 10" list. I have no clue how this would be done or if I'm explaining it right, but it might make party clicks even more useful? Anyway moving on from that... woo no more nothing boxes! :D
by ruevex
🍎Journal🍎 icon by magsimillion
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
I'm also very happy that boxes now always have something. Now if scouring would also always give you something, that would be great...

Pages: 123··· 313233

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page