PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Chronicles of Gaia (RP)

Forum Index > Other > Other RP >

Pages: 123··· 173174175176177··· 257258259

Hikari's AvatarHikari
master.pngd.png
Mizuki had continued walking at a fast pace, following the pull of Seth's magic, the blue-haired girl finally coming to a halt when she reached his campsite. It was then that Seth lifted the spell he'd put on her, and watched in amusement as Mizuki looked around in utter confusion. "What..? Where...am I? How did I get here..?" she stammered before her gaze fell on the wounded blonde girl near a campfire. "Hey, are you okay? Did a monster attack you?" Mizuki had immediately walked over to the girl to heal her, not even noticing the dark-haired male nearby. "Perhaps you should be more concerned with your own predicament", Seth mused from behind her, a wicked smile on his face as he slowly made his way over to the blue-haired girl. "After all, you're making this far too easy for me." The moment Mizuki spotted him, she instantly froze, which piqued Seth's interest; hadn't Mel erased all those memories? "Now, what should I do with you, hmm?" Seth hummed as he circled around her. "I could just kill you right away, but where would the fun in that be?" Stopping in front of her, he grabbed her chin harshly, pulling her face close to his own before whispering in her ear. "No, I have a different plan in mind for you right now, little light." He backed away slightly from her, enjoying the look of sheer terror on her face. How easy it was to frighten her. "W-who..." Mizuki stammered, barely managing to speak with her body paralyzed in fear. "You really don't remember, do you?" Seth wondered, placing a hand on the blue-haired girl's head, using some of his magic before laughing maniacally. "So many seals on your memories, no wonder you're so broken." This only confused Mizuki further. "Remember...? Seals? What are you talking about...? I'm...I'm not broken..." When the dark-haired male refused to release her from his grip, a large explosion followed. "S-stay away from me!" "Oh, but you are, you have been for years...ever since we first met", Seth said, brushing his hand past the cut Mizuki's magic had left on his face, seemingly still amused despite the powerful blast. "I was once best friends with your father, and I met you in Madain Sari when you were just a little brat. Your parents tried so desperately to protect you that time, Rikazu especially." "My...father?" Mizuki asked. "Rikazu...? That's not..." "You still haven't figured it out?" Seth asked amusedly. "No, that's not really it, is it? You're completely denying the possibility, and he's still continuously trying to hide the truth from you. How about I help you a little?" Kuja followed the traces of Mizuki's magic that he continued to sense faintly, though took notice of Aislin trying to catch up to him, as well as Rowan flying above them on his chocobo. Slowing his pace ever so slightly to give Aislin a moment to catch up to him, he spoke. "In case you were thinking of asking, no, I do not know why she's decided to run off again. However, I am certain that Mizuki is in danger, otherwise I would not be sensing her magic this faintly. Someone is trying to cloak her presence." Kuja had his suspicions of who this 'someone' was, though he'd been unable to wake up Rikazu when he tried to. His walking speed had immediately increased again. "I don't want your help!" Mizuki snapped at Seth, once again trying to break free from his grasp, though her struggles were in vain. "Unfortunately for you...you don't quite have a choice in the matter. Your boyfriend and your daddy won't come save you this time." Seth paused a moment, taking careful notice of the fact that there were, in fact, several people of the group approaching. He then turned his attention to the blonde female still resting on the ground. "Iliya. It appears we're about to have some uninvited visitors. Why don't you keep them entertained for a while?" Iliya was well aware that this was a command; one that she couldn't refuse, and as such she got to her feet. "Y-yes..." she answered, her fear of him audible in her voice. With her Baculus in hand, she stood waiting; ready to set up a barrier when necessary.
Image is official art from Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Ryko Seratuno's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRyko Seratuno
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
Toré had remained by the now softly burning fire, he'd figured out how to get the Fire Magic to work, but compared to how instinctually it had come before, it was now far more difficult, his head had twitched slightly when Mizuki started moving, the sudden blip of her soul vanishing from his radar had made him immediately ignore the rest and focus entirely on her one, tracking her was considerably difficult, no doubt due to some kind of shielding... As the three went off to search for the wayward female, he sighed, speaking to himself, "There are a number of ways this could go badly, and no doubt they'll bring her back after some convincing..." an internal conversation with the Human Soul commenced, which ended in a plan being formulated, "When they do, stay put, but ignore them and focus on the fire, I can't afford to interact just yet." waving a hand and putting the fire out, he again put his entire focus into conjuring that fire back up, trying to get used to the feeling of actually having to put effort into such basic Magic.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
grandmaster.pngb.png
Rowan glided silently over the tree tops, his eyes and ears searching for signs of Mizuki among the trees below. In the corner of his eye he could see Kuja and Aislin below on foot. Being in the air made him considerably faster than the two of them, but he made sure to move in circles, flying back over them to make sure they didn't lose one another. Rowan's head spun around as the distant sound of an explosion reached his ears. He stared in the direction it had come from, trying to see any signs of destruction. There was nothing to see, but he was sure he'd heard an explosion in that direction. Had that been mizuki? He thought she'd managed to stop her magic from exploding on her when she tried to use it already. If it was her, was she testing out stronger magic in secret? or was that explosion on purpose, in which case she was most likely trying to fight off trouble. Rowan turned his chocobo downward and flew to the ground, landing next to Kuja and Aislin. He may have heard the explosion up in the open air, but sound barely passed through dense forest trees at all. "I heard an explosion up ahead, Probably Mizuki. I don't see any sign of fire or smoke though, which makes me suspect it was being targeted at something or someone. I'm going to fly ahead and see what it was about, if it's not Mizuki I'll come back and let you know." The angel reported, gesturing forward in the general direction Kuja was headed anyway. He then took off again, wanting to hurry forward to the site of the explosion as quickly as possible. Staying just above the treetops he pushed his chocobo to fly faster, wishing he could've been the one flying himself. He'd easily be able to outfly this bird, but oh well. Several seconds later second the angel found himself above a sudo clearing campsite. He immediately spotted Mizuki, who seemed to be being held back by a black haired guy who looked about the same age's Rikazu. There was one other person, a short girl with long blonde hair dressed in a religious looking robe. She was wielding a large staff-weapon thing, though considering it wasn't aimed at the guy holding Mizuki captive he felt safe in assuming she was also an enemy. Rowan slowly circled the campsite in the air, staying level with the tips of the trees. The girl seemed to be the one in a position to attack, he'd probably have to go through her to get to the guy holding Mizuki. Fitting an Arrow into his bow, Rowan whispered the first half of a magic spell. Flickers of light appeared around the arrow and were sucked into its head and shaft, leaving its appearance no different than before. He didn't have time to properly observe things, he needed to keep the attention of everyone below on himself So Kuja and Aislin could catch up and attack unimpeded. "You Sure do like making friends, Mizuki!" Rowan called down, loosing his arrow downward. The arrow shot downward, not at any person but rather positioned to land between the religious girl and the guy holding mizuki. With the speed of a professional archer warrior, Rowan had fitted a second arrow and loosed it downward whispering the second half of the spell as he moved. Small flakes of darkness were absorbed into the arrow, which shot downward toward a point a few feet beyond the girl, the opposite side to where he'd shot the first arrow. if the spell succeeded, the first arrow would hit the ground and suddenly emit a bright light, similar to a flash grenade. The magic light was physically harmless, but was design to create clear, large shadows of those nearby. It was the second arrow that was the key. If it struck any shadow that was created by the first arrow's light, that shadow would be 'chained.' which meant the shadow could not move from that spot. It also meant that the person connected to that shadow could not move from that spot. They'd be able to move their upper body, but their feet would be unable to move from the place they were standing when the shadow was chained. Of course all you had to do was remove the from the shadow to free them, but that would mean the priest-girl would have to make a 180 turn and reach for something several feet away without being able to move or turn her feet. And if the guy intervened to remove the arrow, well hopefully that would give Mizuki an opening to act or escape.
A way back at the camp, Laura had pulled herself out of the hot springs having had her fill of sitting in steam and thinking. Drying off and Pulling her clothes back on she headed back into the campsite, the black tablet under her arm. Tore's presence caught her attention, as it meant the last group had arrived while she'd been resting. the Siren couldn't see Rowan anywhere though, which was good because she wanted to stow the tablet away before showing it to him.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Hikari's AvatarHikari
master.pngd.png
"Rowan..." Mizuki had been relieved to hear the angel's voice, knowing that the man holding her was wrong and that her friends were coming to her rescue after all. She watched as the arrows were shot downward, shielding her eyes from the light, wondering what kind of effect the arrows were supposed to have. Seth wasn't quite amused by the angel's actions and tightened the grip on Mizuki's arm. "Iliya", his voice was harsh and demanding as he spoke to the girl. "You should have been able to stop those arrows easily, what do you think you're doing?" "I-I...I'm sorry..." Iliya stammered. Seth hadn't been wrong, she'd purposely let the arrows fly past, hoping it'd somehow give them an opening to rescue the blue-haired girl, and hoping it would keep her from having to fight them. More than anything, she hated the idea of hurting others. "You're sorry?" Seth mused, walking towards the arrow that Rowan had shot into Iliya's shadow, but not before trapping Mizuki's mind in an illusion to keep her from attempting to escape. Picking up the arrow to free Iliya, Seth then turned to look to the direction where Rowan was hiding. He didn't actually need to see the angel; just being aware of his location was enough. More illusion magic was quickly cast; magic that would make Rowan feel the pain in his wings despite not using them to fly right now. "Have you already forgotten that these people are your enemies, Iliya? Showing them kindness will only make you suffer more", Seth walked towards the blonde girl. "You'd do well to obey me, little Ghost. Or do you wish for me to remind you again of what happens when you don't?" It had taken some time for Kuja to catch up, and the silver-haired mage watched as the older, dark-haired male spoke to the blonde, robed girl. They seemed distracted enough, though he was concerned about Mizuki; the man seemed to be dragging her along like a rag doll. Had he used an illusion on her? Having decided now was the time to strike, Kuja cast several spells before coming out of hiding, instantly dashing towards Mizuki. However, he was soon blown back by a powerful force, the blonde girl with the staff now turned to him. Iliya had quickly cast her magic, a barrier of Zaiphon words now surrounding the entire campsite, locking Aislin, Kuja and Rowan out. "I'll do whatever you want..." she spoke to Seth. "They will not get past this barrier until you're done..." Seth nodded. "Good, I will not tolerate getting interrupted again, little Ghost." Kuja shot a threatening glare towards Seth. "So you're the one Rikazu told me about, I'll make you regret harming her." Seth started laughing, unimpressed by the silver-haired genome's appearance. "You'll make me regret it? I doubt that, you're not even a match for my little toy here." Letting out a sigh, he finally turned back to Mizuki, placing his hand on her head once more, undoing the current illusion, only to replace it with another. "Now, where was I?" The dark-haired male started forcing his way through the seal that Mel had placed on the blue-haired girl's memories, bits and pieces returning to her mind. "The day I met you, your mother had left Madain Sari to run some errands, while your father stayed behind to watch over you. He invited me over because we hadn’t seen each other in years, and I accepted his invitation for entirely different reasons than to talk", Seth paid no real mind to the female's struggles, nor the magic that continued to lash out at him. "I wanted Alexander's summoning shard and I used you to get it. Do you remember yet, little light?" Mizuki shook her head, letting out a pained scream from the strain Seth was putting on her mind. "No...it’s lies, it’s all lies!" "You’re only making this harder on yourself, you know", Seth mused as he cast more magic, showing her images of the fight between him and Rikazu that had taken place back then. Sooner or later he'd shatter Mel's seal, and when he did the girl's Avanquilist power would finally reawaken fully...In her overwhelmed state it would be easy to turn her against Rikazu; neither of them would make it out alive then. "Your father found us only after I already took the summoning shard, and started attacking me...not that he stood a chance." He briefly paused to catch the female when she fell over, and let out a low, mocking chuckle. "Oh don’t pass out just yet, we're only just getting started."
Aysu Llyr's AvatarAysu Llyr
grandmaster.pnge.png
Aislin could run just as fast as Kuja, though definitely not for as long it seemed as she was puffing for breath when she stopped a short distance away. That turned out to be a good thing when a barrier showed up, locking her and the boys out of reaching Mizuki, who was being held by... Ah, so that was Seth. Aislin narrowed her eyes at the illusionist, feeling her temper rise. She forced it down, focusing instead on the blonde girl... who wore a religious uniform? The heck? The second thing she noticed was the large gash in it, sweeping from one side of the chest to another, and... hold on. How was she...? "This is so above my paygrade," she muttered under her breath, then raised her voice to be heard by Rowan. "Rowan, I might need your help on this! Get down here!" 'Ghost' is what Seth had called her; that was a title, not a name. But from where? With that done for the moment, she could now focus in on what Seth was doing to Mizuki. Let's see, he's referring to the time of when her memories are sealed... Oh. Aislin gasped aloud, "Shades of Mobius, no!" She whipped around and gripped Kuja's arm (when exactly did she start standing by Kuja again? She hadn't noticed moving), overriding anything he might say with the low-voiced words, "I know what he's doing! He's unlocking Mizuki's memories by destroying the seal! That means she'll be out of control and out of her mind, and he'll likely send her straight back to Rikazu and everyone!" She released him then and stepped back, watching as Mizuki fell and was caught. She'd have to wait for Rowan before she could really do anything else. She could try singing, but wasn't sure that would do anything besides momentarily distracting Seth and Kuja.
Avatar is made by Nightfury28. My Ponysona, Remembrance.
Hikari's AvatarHikari
master.pngd.png
Rikazu looked around, soon recognizing the area he was in as that of Madain Sari, however...the sky was dark, ominous even, and the village itself was on fire. This wasn't a dream...well, it was, but there was something else. The entire dream was laced with illusion magic; he could feel it, and yet he was unable to wake himself up. How long had he been asleep for? And if this was illusion magic...what the hell was Seth planning? For the time being he decided to look around, perhaps he would be able to figure out a way to wake himself up. After spending some time looking around, the blue-haired male was inexplicably drawn to the Eidolon Wall, Madain Sari's most sacred location. Once there, he froze in place, recognizing the female with charcoal-colored hair, wearing a flowing red dress. "I knew you'd come here", she mused in a sweet voice, exactly how he'd remembered her to be. "Mel..." It wasn't unlike him to dream of his wife, but if this was an illusion created by Seth...then why was she here? "What are you doing here?" "This place was where I tried to summon Phoenix, where she agreed to become Mizuki's guardian Eidolon. I thought it fitting that this would be the place where we would meet again", Mel spoke softly. "Our daughter is in danger, Rikazu." "I know, Seth has been targeting her. But she's with the group right now, she should be safe for now", Rikazu responded. "But how are you here, you're not part of his illusion, are you?" "No, you don't understand. He has her", Mel paused, watching as Rikazu's face contorted in shock. "I was able to come here because of the pact we still share, a lingering spirit if you will...I'm here to help you, Rikazu. You need to wake up, listen closely...find her voice, and you'll find the exit. There's no time to waste." Rikazu did as he was told, closing his eyes to focus. It didn't take long for him to hear a young, female voice. 'Daddy...daddy, help!' "Mizuki?!" Rikazu woke from his slumber, still in a state of mild shock. Had that really been Mel? She'd been right though, he couldn't sense his daughter's presence anywhere. He had to find her, and fast. Rikazu wasn't the only one who'd been aware of Mizuki's situation. Rockna had been trying to sense her sister's presence for some time now, but every time she tried to teleport to the blue-haired girl, something blocked her ability. This was bad, real bad.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
grandmaster.pngb.png
To say the pain in his wings caught Rowan by surprise was an understatement. The angel let out an involuntary gasp as his wings, which hadn't moved a feather, suddenly felt like they were being pull out of his back. Unprepared his body contorted, causing his chocobo to take a sharp turn and fly through a set of dense branches. In a rough attempt to not get thrown off he pushed his chocobo downward, resulting in a rough landing beside Kuja and Aislin. "What's the plan? I can send a flare up to call for the others." Rowan asked through gritted teeth. By Aislin's call it had sounded like she had a much better idea of what was going on here than Rowan did, which was good because Rowan was having trouble thinking straight through the pain. He assumed, wrongly, that one of their two adversaries had cast pain enhancing magic on him so that the dull easy to ignore throbbing in his wings suddenly was razor sharp.
Ryko Seratuno's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRyko Seratuno
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
Toré heard Rikazu's cry, and had been closely aware of the female trying to get to the wayward one, it was almost immediate that he put Rikazu under a Soul Lock, keeping him from doing something stupid, and his muttering was self-contained, "Can't let you go Rikazu, this is already going south and your presence would only make matters worse." the human soul he was holding onto questioned why he'd prevent the fool from going on a suicide mission, and the goat gave an answer of relative dismissal, "Can't afford to have anything go wrong, the timeline is already teetering on a knife edge here..."
Aysu Llyr's AvatarAysu Llyr
grandmaster.pnge.png
Aislin glanced upwards to watch Rowan and Maeve be come down and winced at his expression. His wings were paining him terribly now; she thought he had grown used to the pain, or at least that it had dulled... Oh, that's why. "First things first, Rowan. The pain isn't exactly real; we're dealing with a skilled illusionist. He's also the guy who put the invisibility on Toré that one time." She turned her attention towards the blonde. "The key is the girl. If we can break her free from whatever Seth's done, we can ask her to help us, mostly just pulling down the barrier." She motioned towards the girl's chest and added, "I'm pretty sure that wound of hers was caused by him, and recently no less." What else could she add? "I'll need your help to convince her this time, Rowan. Please."
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
grandmaster.pngb.png
"Illusionist...?" Rowan closed his eyes, and focused on the 'pain' coursing through his body. He shifted his wings ever so slightly, and true enough the light pain that had come from the movement was completely different from the intense pain. It was merely a magical barrage masterfully disguised as his own pain. But now he'd identified it he could protect himself against it, a small layer of magical protection watered down its effect and Rowan breathed in relief as his head cleared of the pain. Unfortunately, with the clearing of the pain also brought back the memories he should have been thinking about ever since He'd arrived at the checkpoint. "I can't believe I was so stupid. That's Iliya! We were warned- Two people came to us to get Tore's help when we in the underground. They gave Tore something- a Silver rose I think. It could be used as a symbol that she'd be able to trust Tore, or at least who ever was holding it. She uses Soul magic Like tore so they thought he'd be best... That Rose is our best bet, I expect. Someone is going to have to run and get it or get Tore to bring it. I can try talking to her in the mean time, I know her name and the names of at least one of the people who were trying to help her so it should get her attention. If we're lucky the Illusionist will focus more on keeping Iliya under control rather than attacking Mizuki." Rowan could have kicked himself. He actually felt sick at his own incompetence. He had been told, quite obviously warned that Mizuki would be targeted by a powerful enemy right after they'd all gathered together again. And he'd just let it slip his mind like so many other important things. His fighting senses had obviously dulled to a dangerous rate. Between ignoring warnings and not following through with his initial attack... He didn't have his old party anymore to cover for him. He needed to get better, but now it might be too late.

Pages: 123··· 173174175176177··· 257258259

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page