PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New server!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1415161718··· 202122

Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder
you know, the thing is, Everyone talking about pokefarm not being at fault here, is right. It was the server hosts fault. Pokefarm honestly did not have to give compensation for anything since it wasnt an error on their end. but you know what. they did. honestly complaining about not getting back every teeny tiny thing you lost no matter what it was. is baffling to me. the fact that we got anything when we came back was a god-send. to put this in terms you might understand for those of you who talk about fast food joints.... if they get your order wrong they will most of the time fix the item in question....but they dont always do that....they are not obligated to give you any service if they feel you are being a disgruntled customer. and marching in with teeth bared cause you didnt get every little thing back isnt going to get you to far to any manager. trust me...i know...i have been on both sides of that counter and neither one of them is a nice place to be standing in when you are or are dealing with an angry customer. but let it be known that just because you are mad and think that people owe you things doesnt meant they do they Gave out in total over a century of free hypermode out of the kindness of their hearts. meaning they took a large financial loss cause thats a lot of money they are now going to go without, they are allowing people who missed their birthday bonus' to still be able to get those benefits they have reschedueled the tournament so that people can participate, they even went ahead and gave everyone who participated and tried in type race the best rewards from it. they even set every bonus counter to be active for one whole day i will repeat this, they did not HAVE to do any of this for anyone but they did, did they not? I think that is more than enough compensation. so what you lost a Z-crystal here or an uber charm there. you are not the only one who didnt get that compensated. i for one lost time on mine. honestly Im just thanksful for the free month of hypermode and the site itself being back online and in working order. i couldnt have cared less about my uber charm. edit: also another way this can go about, buying food from a resturaunt to go, walking outside and having it slapped out of your hands and demanding the place give you more food cause yours was destroyed....its not their fault
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
It seems to me the biggest issue here isn’t people being ungrateful, it’s just some people not understanding the situation. Me personally, I wasn’t aware of the fact that the staff didn’t own the server... until I saw the Facebook posts. I can see how many others wouldn’t know that either. And I bet a TON of people didn’t see the Facebook or Discord posts at all, and they didn’t have any knowledge of what was going on. I just... hope that people could understand that it’s not Niet’s, Garth’s, or any of the staff’s fault that the site was down. Again, I just think this is people not understanding the situation.
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
FLIPSsided's AvatarFLIPSsided
People are blaming staff for something they had 0 control over and then some of the people are ungrateful we got anything at all??? That both saddens me, is baffling, and super unbelievable but not surprising. Pokefarm Q took a fall, and so did it's staff for a very long downtime, for like a week. What everyone else said, It's not Pokefarm's fault. It's the server host(es) fault. and like Garth said, They don't own the server. How are they to blame and how is it their fault for a totally unexpected week's downtime? I also completely agree with what ArtisticUmbresol's saying. A fast food place or even a restaurant doesn't have to give you service if they believe your being disgruntled. It's not right on both ends. Even the financial loss stuff, We could have came back, and we couldn't have got ANY of this stuff. They could have been like, "We're still fixing stuff and giving you nothing." But they chose to give us Hypermode, and they didn't at ALL have to do that. But it was super generous of them to do. I don't see what's to be ungrateful for. It's just an Ubercharm. They're only 200 ZC (2-3 ish dollars my currency) and probably 1M+ Credits or more if your buying one so I really don't see the issue. It's just a pixel. Priase god, I'm even glad the site works and that things are slowly trying to go back to the way they were. Staff's having a really hard time, they don't need the slack. And yes, everyone's titled to their opinion but attacking someone with said-words ain't cool.
Discord
Ask Me.
Toyhouse Art Fight DeviantArt [I will have you one day Melon Froakie. XD] Used to be NightTheGreninja. Icon is by Cloverpatch!
scavengers's Avatarscavengers
i feel like talking about pokefarm like some big business like amazon or mcdonalds is like... strange? this site isnt some faceless big corporation, niet openly and actively interacts with people on here and doesn't just use us like money printing machines, ykno. this isn't some big capitalistic corporation that oppresses people, it's a site with a few thousand active users. its nothing like amazon imo and therefore shouldn't be compared to amazon who can afford losing some money cause they'll gain it back within minutes. furthermore, no one lost their whole ubercharm. you lost 9(?) days out of 28. you still got a major use from it. if you are worried about shiny hunting... you got hypermode which is much better for base level shiny hunting. you have an extended period of time in which to get shinies which you can sell to regain your ubercharm. i know its not exactly what people wanted but i think it would be pretty dificult for niet to go through everyone and give them exactly the things they lost. im definitely gonna get accused of sucking up for this post but like... i like this site so of course im gonna defend it if i think its justified. feel free to disagree cause this is MY view n you are entitled to whatever you feel but imo enough has been done for us.
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
I hate to interrupt the conversation but I would really like to know where we post our Voltorb Flip codes and scores? It's the 21st and there hasn't been any update on where we should submit to enter the leaderboard I just want to make sure I haven't missed out on submitting anything ^^;
Icon is my fursona
★Drawn by a close friend of mine, used with permission
🎭My Shop🎭
Type Race Score: 1230
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
@AstralTrickster, Niet has updated the first post to answer that for you - thank you for the good question!
In the interest of information on the premise that people may well be upset due to not being informed... here we go. We did work, in the past, for the webhosting company that we recently left (that being TSOHost) - but it was sold to GoDaddy and since then it's just not been the same. I'll be honest, Niet worked there and had much more impact there than I did, he's the one they know, not me :p We were actually contacted by some ex-colleagues in the midst of the downtime and as it turns out, they started up another business ( stablepoint.com - lovely people. Love them. Love them! - on that note, BIG shout-out to Dom at Stablepoint. That man has been working tirelessly to get our stuff sorted - seriously, he deserves love ) after selling off their start-up company (which was TSOHost) to GoDaddy, as I mentioned. We were in contact with another webhost (Rackspace) and we're having a whole mess-about with them at this point that we're not at all happy with. We were told "5 days to setup" which we kinda begrudgingly accepted because the support that came with it is apparently really good, then the date we were given was "10 days" - then it was "it's 5-15 days" and we just decided, screw it, we want to be up as fast as possible and our ex-colleagues came to us and said "Yeah, we can get the server up in 30 minutes." !!!!!!! We jumped on that. And that decision - as a worst case scenario? May well cost us £15,000 (-ish) due to the situation we now have going on with Rackspace - on top of that we gave away (very approximiately) £5,000 worth of HyperMode and to be frank, we're not rolling in the money. I'm not gonna sit here and play nice or pretend - if anyone sits on their high horse saying that we don't think of the customers or anything like that - the door's over there. I'm not gonna mince words - we chose to drop £5k. That's OUR choice and I don't want anyone to feel bad for us for doing that. BUT we may wind up dropping a total of £20k just so we could get the website up asap instead of waiting another [-insert however many days it would've taken them, approximately a week, or more-] due to this situation we have going on with Rackspace. Which - to note - I'm not going in to details on, on purpose. We're aiming for an amicable resolution. If they fail to do that then we'll provide all the details. In other words, what I'm saying is our actions speak louder than our words. We can say whatever we want, at the end of the day, but the road we chose to drive down speaks very clearly to our wants and intent.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Okay,... Im going to say this and try to be as respectful as possible, I know the mods and users just came off a VERY stressful time especially Garth and Niet, But, a lot of people here dog piling Kasei for a valid point.... Niets sass/attitude, however hilarious it may be at times.. (i mean seriously? i literally check rejected threads to see what hilarious things Niet says to the suggestion XD) It was unwarranted in this particular situation The user being responded too seemed very passive and non confrontational when they responded to that there was no uber charm replacement, and saying they were screwed? Valid... not because niet or staff wont give them out for free... but because uber is basically needed with HM for any serious hunter, and to get boxes or resources to earn ZC for a new one takes time that that user probably lost. I was kind of upset personally to see niet answer that way. Like I have been told in many a report, 'text it hard interpret' and it is easy to take in the wrong way, joke/ sarcasm or not... and in this situation in particular? I would be walking around on eggshells with upset users who are not necessarily causing trouble but airing complaints. And Kasei is right, this site is a business and how staff interact with users is a reflection on this 'brand' all it takes is one bad interaction people leave a bad review and hit the road and I would personally HATE to see that happen (again) to such a good site that has so much effort put into it because Niet's joke unfortunately fell flat and was misinterpreted once or twice, especially in this delicate situation i would honestly compare to diffusing a bomb.... anyways that my unasked for 2 cents, im glad the site is back and im hoping that the contract gets figured out in favour of pokefarm because if i was in that situation id be throwing hands by now. ((Lololol i was literally in the middle of editing my text wall before vixony suggested i change it twxt walls that seem small on computer are huge on mobile yikes))
Icon by me!
Vixony An's AvatarVixony An

QUOTE originally posted by Kasei

I'm not sure it really matters if it was the staff's fault or not ? In the end, they still failed to provide what the customers paid for, be it ubercharms, Z-Crystals, egg supplier orders, etc. Like, if Amazon had a big warehouse fire and couldn't fulfil your order, you'd expect your money back, right ? I doubt you'd be very happy if they just sent you something else instead, without refund for what you actually ordered. It's better than nothing, but it's not what the customer ordered. And sure, they could get away with not doing anything at all; I doubt anybody is invested enough to try and take any real action against this. But the way people are violently reacting to any complaints is just... Strange, honestly.
Let me try to compare these two for you. Host is at fault, so you take it out on the site, who gave you free premium stuff as an apology for something the host did. Amazon is at fault, so you take it out on the mail company, even though the mail company sends you other free items as an apology for Amazon. Doesn't that seem weird to you? The host is the one who made the site unable to deliver what you paid for. The host, not the site. Btw @Optimus Prime perhaps you should try shortening your sentences, making smaller paragraphs and use capital letters and other symbols correctly. It's hard enough to read a text wall without all of the minor mistakes in it. I can't make any sense of what you've written, sorry ^^'
People shouldn't be assuming the worst of someone that they don't know. Especially not someone in Niet's position - he literally can't be this 'nasty person' that people seem to pretend he is, else why would anyone support the venture here? Don't get me wrong. Nobody is perfect, I'm pretty sure some people are like, 'woah, Garth's mad'. Yeah. I am. I'm tired of people playing pretend and making Adam out to be a person he isn't. I live with him. I know who he is and those who do this can gosh diddly darn well stop it. You may have left two cents, my dude, but I'm dropping a whole dollar. Anyway, what I'm basically saying is that this toxicity needs to stop. If you want to hold him accountable, do it right. Don't pretend he's someone he isn't - it doesn't work that way. And you can't complain if someone does that right back to you, if you're willing to do it to someone else. Just food for thought. So, let's get back to more positive things, shall we?
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
and your mic apparently ;-; woah. Ah i see that tweak i try to avoid these things, but I feel like even IF you guys had any responsibility to comp us for missed hm/charms/crystals (which im of the opinion that you really don't), it's like... ubercharm = 200zc a z crystal = 100-150zc at best, considering ubers last 28 days and some z crystals are dirt cheap. That's 350zc you were 'screwed' out of, at best, by reasons beyond Niet's control. Everyone has gotten AT LEAST 500zc worth of free hypermode, if not more. You all got something of an equivalent value, in fact even greater value, than anything you may or may not have lost. We all came out ahead, and because the ball the site threw us was red and not blue like the one we lost, some people decided they didn't wanna play catch any more. I for one commend your efforts and patience during this stressful time, staff. That 20 grand potential hole sounds immensely worrying, but you did that for us, and hopefully it will end up just being 5 grand like you said. You did all this whilst keeping us in the loop all the while. Keep being you, dudes, and thank you ;w;
Avvy by SimonPetrikov

Pages: 123··· 1415161718··· 202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page