PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Pokémon Breeder's Guide to the Daycare

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 1234··· 272829

Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
I think this guide is incomplete. I bred two seasonal turtwigs, swapped the male with other males, and the percentage on the matchup checker changed every time. Two possible factors that I think may affect breeding is nature and something about its heritage (it could be the relation of the two pokemon if they have the same heritage or the breeder who bred the eggs of the two pokemon).
I had not included heritage as factor because it had been rather untested at the time the guide was written. I have heard of multiple other cases of same heritage 'mons having a lower compatibility. I think it may be time to address the issue. The bit about nature is new but is does make sense that personality would have an effect on compatibility. It does need to be tested more though. I am going to update the guide with these developments.
Methos's AvatarMethos
Nature alone cannot be a determining factor. I ran an experiment a while ago with Magikarp that had all been hatched from the same parent Gyarados. I paired, say, a Hasty male with a Quirky female and recorded the compatibility. I then swapped out the female for another Quirky female. The compatibility changed. I found that held true for any set of matching natures, that they could vary in compatibility when matched against the same partner.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Maybe the age difference of the pokemon could be a factor? That's the only factor I could think of.
jjkiki's Avatarjjkiki
how do you see the egg group there in?
here are some examples of my art credit to Pokestadium for making original sprites
Looking for Shelter Pass S
@jjkiki: You see the egg group by visiting the PokeDex entry of the species or by hovering over a Pokémon in your field After you have a Pokémon in the daycare. There is a show/hide toggle above the field image by where it says "Select A Pokémon" if you would like to see all the ones you have instead of just the compatible ones.
jjkiki's Avatarjjkiki
ok thanks :)
I have done a wee bit of testing on age. Pokémon hatched before the Big Update seem to not be as compatible with ones hatched after. I have a had a couple pairs where their percentage was higher with both hatched after instead of one partner hatched before and the other hatched after. Anyone else experiencing this result?
Apparently there's more factors that affect breeding. http://pokefarm.org/forum/thread/8757/DayCare-not-producing-eggs?post=453020 I guess level actually does affect breeding. Maybe someone should start a breeding research (similar to the scour research) to try to think of all possible factors that could affect breeding.
Hrm. I guess Niet put level back in after the Big Update. I am going to have to put in the thing about ditto and breeding with it. *ATTEMPTING RESEARCH. Matchup checker powered on. Clicking powering up. Requires species to test...*

Pages: 1234··· 272829

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page