PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Pokémon Breeder's Guide to the Daycare

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123··· 272829

Welcome As you may have heard the breeding mechanics have changed from PF1 to PFQ. Never been on PF1? Well this guide will help you too. We will be going over how to breed Pokémon to get eggs, things that affect your breeding pair's compatibility, and other details relating to breeding Pokémon here on PFQ. Ready? Then let's get started. Table of Contents | The Basics | | Breeding Pair Compatibility | | Other Useful Information | | FAQ |
The Basics So you want to breed Pokémon but don't know where to start. This set of steps should help you get started.

Step one

Pick out the Pokémon you want to breed from the ones you have. For example let's say I want to breed Vulpix. Step one accomplished.

Step two

Put your Pokémon into the Daycare. You do this by going to the daycare page and clicking the "Add one now" link then selecting the Pokémon you want to breed.

Step three

Take a look at what egg group your Pokémon is in and pick a partner of the opposite gender from the same egg group. Let's use Vulpix as an example again. It is in the Field group so I would need to pick its partner from the Field group. You can find what egg group your Pokémon is in by viewing its Pokédex information. The Daycare is set to show you compatible Pokémon when you already have one Pokémon placed there. What if the Pokémon I want to breed is male? Here on Pokéfarm Q you are able to get eggs from both species of Pokémon you breed. If I was breeding Vulpix and Growlithe I would get a mix of Vulpix and Growilthe eggs. If I were breeding a Vulipx with a Ninetales I would get only Vulpix eggs because eggs hatch into basic Pokémon here. What if the Pokémon I want to breed has no gender? Then you would need the Pokémon Ditto to produce eggs from this Pokémon. An exception to this is the Pokémon Unown which will breed with other Unown.

Step four

Place your opposite gender Pokémon into the daycare with the Pokémon you want to breed. When the page reloads there will be some text underneath your Pokémon describing how compatible they are. If it says that the Pokémon are not compatible for breeding then you need to pick a different partner. Anything else means that they are somewhat compatible and will produce eggs if given enough chances. We will discuss compatibility in a later section.

Step five

Go click! The more you interact with your and others' Pokémon, the more chances you have of your Pokémon successfully making an egg.
Breeding Pair Compatibility There are several things taken into account besides the egg group when determining compatibility between two Pokémon. Things like body type, size, attribute type(s), and weight.
Adds to compatibilitySubtracts from compatibility
Same species Similar body shape Similar size Similar type attributes Similar weight Similar height Close together levels Different Original Trainers Red Gigaremo Different species Different body shape Vast difference in size Different type attributes Differences in weight Different heights Large level gap
Edit: formatting & information
Other Useful Information for Breeding
  • All eggs hatch into basic or baby Pokémon.
  • Egg species can match either the mother or the father Pokémon. The exceptions to this are: Miltank and Tauros, Rufflet/Braviary and Vullaby/Mandibuzz, Volbeat and Ilumise. They will drop eggs from either species.
  • The current amount of clicks needed to create the probability of producing an egg is somewhere around 64.
  • The Destiny Knot is a held item that increases the chances for children to inherit IV stats from their parents.
  • The Red Gigaremo is an item that will Boost your breeding pair's compatibility at the cost of their happiness.
  • Pokémon only gain happiness in fields they like. They no longer gain happiness through interaction or in your party.
  • The feud between Zangoose and Seviper has been taken into account when determining their compatibility.
  • Unown breed with other Unown.
  • If breeding with Ditto you have a 50% chance of not making an egg as Ditto does not make Ditto eggs.
  • The number you see with the Matchup Checker item is a pair's base compatibility.
  • Nidoran M and Nidoran F are listed as one species.
  • When breeding Event Pokémon
    PFQ Exclusive species
    you have a 1 in 8 chance of generating an event egg. Other eggs will be from their normal species.
  • Minun bred with another Minun will produce Plusle eggs
  • Eggs in the daycare are not automatically released at midnight. They are released when you visit the daycare the next day.
More information about the daycare is available on the PFQ Wiki. Edit: Link to PFQ Wiki Daycare.
FAQ

Where do I find the egg group for my Pokémon?

You can see the egg group by visiting the PokeDex entry of the species or by checking a Pokémon's detail screen in your field when you go to put a Pokémon in the daycare.

What if the Pokémon I want to breed is male?

Here on Pokéfarm Q you are able to get eggs from both species of Pokémon you breed. If someone was breeding Vulpix and Growlithe they would get a mix of Vulpix and Growilthe eggs. If they were breeding a Vulipx with a Ninetales then they would get only Vulpix eggs because eggs hatch into basic or baby Pokémon here.

What if the Pokémon I want to breed has no gender?

Then you would need the Pokémon Ditto to produce eggs from this Pokémon. An exception to this is the Pokémon Unown which will breed with other Unown.

How do I breed a certain kind of Unown?

Try this piece of the PFQ Wiki Daycare Page.

How do I go about breeding PFQ Exclusive Species?

Try reading this page of The PFQ Wiki. It should answer some of your questions.

How do I get baby Pokémon eggs to appear?

Baby Pokémon like Pichu and Togepi still appear normally. To get ones like Happiny, Munchlax, Chingling and Bonsly you need to have the parent from that evolution line holding the correct incense. For more details visit This section of the PFQ wiki.
Useful Links The PFQ Wiki Daycare page. Other guides that may be of interest to you. A Guide on Shiny Hunting by Uzumi A Guide to Egg Hatching and Gem Hunting by Bulbachu
Husky526's AvatarHusky526
Thanks! This is super helpful! :D
thank you <3
verendus's Avatarverendus
I'm following the compatibility things here but this just doesn't make sense. I'm trying to breed Plusle and Minun, and their compatibility is 41%. Because the only difference is their species, shouldn't their compatibility be very high?
Verendus || My Shop: X || Mar's Shop: X || Credits: X || Journal: X ||
Sadly not in this case. Different species and Same original trainer (Read: Person who hatched the egg) will put a big damper on compatibility. Same species pairings can get anywhere between 40-60%. Having different Original Trainers will add somewhere around 10%. I also remember something about 90-some percent being the highest that compatibility will go, gigaremo percentage included... but that was before open beta.

Pages: 123··· 272829

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page