PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 12345678··· 212223

Nunka's AvatarNunka
Note for Self: Contest Winners Using this Post to keep track of the Choices made. After all of the awesome pieces I got from the Contest, it's finally over.
1st: ArchEeviee With AfterNoon Rest
Prize: 1st Prize: 1st and 4th Pick from Prize Pool 6 Boxes (Pick between Pretty and Heavy) 4 Special Berries 4 Rare Berries 2 Uncommon Berries 1st: , 2nd: 100gp 6 Pretty Boxes Special: Doesn't care Rare: Doesn't care Uncommon: Doesn't care

Comments:

I absolutely Love how this piece flows. From the warm colours of the Sunset to the Cooler colours of the rest of the imagery, it really gets me into the picture and shows a level of interaction between the characters that would and has played out. It also reminds me of the Hiking trips I'd take with the Real Roury back when we lived in a Wooded Area. Maybe you could have stopped earlier but went on to add in little details that bring more life into the 2d image from peeping Foongus and the Splash of a Magikarp tail in the water to the Leaf falling from tree overhead. The fact that you added her bag when I never mentioned one surprises me but makes it all the better. The guess of a simple brown Satchel was a good one. Overall this is an Attractive Piece that portrays an emotion within its lines that I feel deserve this place. I'd like to request the characters without the Background so I can use it for Post Templates.
2nd: Tsuzera With Animela Contest
Prize: 2nd and Last Pick from Prize Pool 4 Boxes (Pick between Pretty and Heavy) 2 Special Berries 3 Rare Berries 2 Uncommon Berries 1st: 100gp, 2nd: 1 Enigma,1 Starf 1 Chople,1 Keiba,1 Coba, 1 Watmel, 1 Pamtre Berry

Comments:

What Intrigues me about this piece is that it seems like it's a whole other world not known to the Human race. I imagine that this world would be a place that Pokemon are sent to while in their balls, each Trainer having an internal world that they linked to that all of their pokemon would gather in while they waited to be called on. A place of mystery but a place of rest. The colours chosen make it just all the better. The lines are neat, the colours chosen are good. The only thing that really bugs me is Nunka's hair is spiked/wrong hairstyle and the shading seems like the direction is coming from is where the Lighting Object isn't but these aren't really enough to bug me too bad when the rest of the piece flows so well. Overall this piece was executed well and led the Imagination to think even further. The Cool Environment definitely helps.
3rd: Ampora With Nunka Headshot
Prize: 3rd Pick from Prize Pool 2 Boxes (Pick between Pretty and Heavy) 2 Rare Berries 2 Uncommon Berries Pool: 2 Heavy 2 Chilan berries 2 Magost berries

Comments:

I'm not typically a big fan of this style of Lining but you seem to have made it work in a way that makes this piece likeable to me. An almost Elegant feel has been added simply because of the lining. The Dynamic colouring choices made here also add a bit of Excitement to what is just simply a headshot. I would have liked to have seen her fur recoloured a bit greener like the original colouring version rather than blue and her eyes a bit lighter shade of blue but I still really like it. Overall this piece makes the character look inviting and really brings out the facial structure.
4th: DreamerKitty With Not Another Tail!
Prize: 5th Pick from Prize Pool 1 Box 1 Rare Berry 2 Uncommon Berries Pool: 1 Heavy Tanga Berry, Razz Berry, Qualot Berry

Comments:

Despite the Crying I really find this adorable. It portrays an Emotion you might expect from her if she weren't used to actually losing her tails. She's probably be more angry but this piece signifies that she's probably in pain from a tearing Chomp rather than just a cut which is signified by the way the tail end has the extra detail of the darker green. I do remember that it hurts a plant less if you cut with scissors rather than just pull and pluck which is a situation I can imagine here, Lyf taking a bite and then running off with her tail still in his mouth, ripping the chunk away as he fled. Speaking of the extra green on the end of the tail, I always imagined her tails to be more Aloe-like in leaf rather than the other types you typically see on trees or in grass so you've captured the plant bruising well that would happen in the situation. Overall this piece breaks my heart making me glad the character is made up otherwise I'd probably cry with her.
Honorable Mentions and Requests

Ellie: - Request Accepted

I know you've been busy but you never posted anything, including the WIP you sent me
Wips were okay to be posted
asking if the colour choices were Okay. Despite this, I -really- loved the Wip even though the Trainer's Body style was a bit off. I can send more Example pictures if you need a bit of help on that. That said I'd like to request that it be finished and offer what would normally be 1st Prize: 2 Picks from My Summon, Mega Stone, and GP Pool and the add of of the rest which is: 6 Boxes, 4 Special Berries, 4 Rare Berries, 2 Uncommon Berries. Optional to be taken of course. This separate Pool will include what's left over from here and what I've found since the Box Opening ended for here and my private collection of Stones. (If you choose to accept)You can either pick from that after the other Contestants have picked from the Prize pool here and I'll hold onto them for you until the piece is finished or can wait until the piece is finished to make your picks.

Khisyra: - Request Accepted

This was adorable but as we discussed in PM I'd really like to see this in your own developed style that you worked on. I'd like to request that and offer what would normally be 3rd Prize: 1 Pick from My Summon, Mega Stone, and GP Pool and the add of of the rest which is: 2 Boxes, 2 Rare Berries, 2 Uncommon Berries. Optional to be taken of course. This separate Pool will include what's left over from here and what I've found since the Box Opening ended for here and my private collection of Stones. (If you choose to accept)You can either pick from that after the other Contestants have picked from the Prize pool here and I'll hold onto it for you until the piece is finished or can wait until the piece is finished to make your pick.

FirelightKnight:

This was adorable but wasn't -quite- enough to make it into the top 4. You can pick an Extra Item or Accessory from the Shop when you pick your Consultation Prize.

13girl Clow:

This was really funny and while I liked it, there were other people who beat you out of the top 4. You can pick an Extra Item or Accessory from the Shop when you pick your Consultation Prize.

TigerTail: - Accepted

For a piece with Crayon This wasn't all that bad except as you mentioned, those eyes on Lyf really bugged me. However I'd like to ask if I can Digitalize your drawing of Nunka with minor changes like adding her other legs so I can use her on a Template. I technically already have the permission to use it but I'd like to ask if I could make those changes.
Consolation prize List Raistudios05 - Dragon Scale RavenWolf356 - Surfboard Accessory FirelightKnight - Random 2 ShinxLover - Sweet Heart TigerTail - Sweet Heart Clow - Random 2 GreenBunny1998 - Crown Accessory Khisyra - Didn't want
After Sucessful Results like these I'll be hosting another Contest in a Month or two. Thanks for participating! Other Art Pieces not Posted in this Post(For Keepsakes):
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So Khisyra Finished my request that I asked for after the Contest and she's been sent the Absolite I got yesterday. :3 So adorable. When I get stuck in that month of no internet I'm going to have a lot of fun making a couple templates after I finish the sprites for the Spriting Project. Luckily I've got a lot of refs saved for that.

Despite this...

I also need to get Refs done for the next contest I hold which I want to hold one the First day of the next month after I get internet back. I really want to get Art of Animela,her Siblings, Kokoro, and Tysiga so I'm going to have to make References With and Without their Crystals(Or in Kusachi's Case, Shape Shifted) for the Siblings and one for Kokoro, and another Ref for Tysiga. Though the requirments for this next contest would be different from my previous one of course. While these characters are related to each other in one way or another(Or in Animela and Tysiga's case, Married). There are 5 characters: Animela(Main), Kusachi(Animela's Sister), Rynithu(Animela's Brother), Kokoro(Rynithu's Son), and Tysiga. Characters that can't be together: Because of the way the Storyline goes, Kusachi never meets Tysiga or Kokoro because she is thought to have died as a young girl as a result of an accident. Animela finds her later on, in about book 8, when Kokoro has been lost due to an Organisation Kusachi has been forced to work for. Because of the Species Variables though, she's aged quite a bit despite her abilities to Shape Shift because said Abilities are limited. She's not seen again after Animela gets Kokoro back and I haven't written her back into existence so if I ever do bring her back she's likely to probably almost be at her deathbed and will not be seen again. Characters most commonly seen together: Kusachi and Rynithu - Young Animel and Rynnithu - Adult All of the Triplets - Young Animela and Tysiga - Adult Animela and Kokoro - Adult and Teenager(technically Adult based on Genetics) If I do get Single Portraits I prefer Tysiga and Animela over the rest of the family. These two are the characters that drive the the focus of the story as soon as they're introduced. I'll probably reread my stuff and write up a bit of back history on each character so people know what they're dealing with. It's not just some big backlog of stuff people can work with like in Pokemon, these are my characters for a world that I designed that works in its own logics, Myths, and Rules despite seeming similar to our own. I'm hoping that Tysiga doesn't come off as too much of a Marty Stu, his design and function was done by a good friend of mine, I just wrote him into the story with his help. I mean the character himself is the Offspring of a Regal Demon and a Clique Angel but his purpose in the world itself is quite difficult to understand until Animela gets to know him better. I love this character but I'm still not sure how he would come off to other people.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So we finally carved pumpkins last night, a little late but still fun. Ive had this design in my head basically since last halloween but quickly drew it out before I drew it onto the pumpkin. I always draw in Sharpie first before I cut into it so I know where the shave inside for what I'm doing. Cut open and gutted I didnt get to use a Jack like I usually do but I was happy when I found out that the skin just beyond the rind had a really dark green color to it which faded into yellow about half an inch in. It made shaving the Pumpkin really interesting so I was able to kinda texture places with different colours(Yellow and green) when I normally wouldn't be able to. Most of it though was a happy little accident. XD And after letting it dry a bit and relining the black where I needed it. And then Lit up with the Black Lamp Also Yes I've been making templates out of the art I got from the contest. I have a few already made listed up on the second post in the front of my journal.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Stuff
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
REmoved
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Goodness so I've only 59 backings left, I'm coming up on this mark pretty quick. I might actually get this done before I get stuck with Jury Duty! Woot! Yesterday I worked on just getting the ones that used the bases done like I've been doing for the past couple days. However I've run into a sticky situation where I've got holes in certain groups now and can't post them to dA because they need custom backings rather than just using bases. Example: and Are the only ones that have gotten posted because the other sets I did backings for between them had ones that needed customs and thus couldn't be posted. That's 4 sets not including the ones that completely need customs and haven't had the backings started on, which brings the total to 8. The bases I made can be tweaked a little to better fit the body shape but most of the time I don't have to. I'm going to be Live Streaming again on my Picarto, so that's a link for anyone interested that happens to cross my way. Going to be playing music from the HomeFreeVocalBand youtube Channel. They do A Capella music similar to Pentatonix though they have a tendency to put a bit of a country twist on it. I don't mind because I really like how their voices sound. Aside from that I'm getting pretty close to unlocking the rest of the Dex Unlock summons. All I've got left to do: Hoenn: 14 Sinnoh: 16 Unova: 9 I'm thinking on going on another buy from shop and evolve stuff spree next time we get a shop discount day. I'm sure I've got a lot back in the fields that need evolving from stones. If I can get that done soon enough I'll probably open the boxes I have stored and then store the rest till New Years though I could just wait completely but Murrr... WaitingsucksbuttandIcanbeimpatientsometimesx.x; Either way, as soon as I finish all the backings I'll be colouring in that picture with the Chibis that I posted below after I re-line it digitally. Then I've got to work on References for my characters. Hopefully I can get it all before the contest I want to host after New years. I'm -kinda- getting a little worried though. I need a Hypermode Voucher for the contest and nobody seems to want anything I've got so I'm sitting on 300ZC and not really being able to get where I need to be. =/ I think I'll just skip over the whole discount thing for myself because I see no point in it when I'd probably just waste it anyways. Too much stuff to do, not enough freetime. I mean even when I'm running the contest I'll be working on 6th Gen sprites to finish my Sprite Dex Project and I still have other commissions that will probably be done before I even bother tackling those. I'm at leisure to run at my own pace though so I have all the time in the world but still, I don't like keeping people waiting. Still excited to go upstate sorta... My health is in really bad shape and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Everything just kinda seems to be deteriorating and I honestly have no clue why. I have a cough that's been pestering me for the past few weeks and I'm not sure how but I think I got a micro-tear in a muscle or tendon near my knee and nothing is really helping that. It stings everytime I move the joint, neither warm compress, cold packs or binding it seems to stop it from stinging when I move the leg so I don't know what's wrog. I'm not sure where my health went, I just know that nothing is getting better and that nothing is helping and I really don't know why. I'm just going upstate to visit now but if plans don't work out I'm going to be down here a lot longer than I want to be. My "Partner" doesn't really seem to want to let me go anywhere unless he's there with me which kinda makes me nervous about everything and I'm not exactly happy about it or this situation. Until then my Aunt Galadriel is happy to help take care of my mother for me. When I do go up for more than just a Visit though a family friend has Guaranteed me a job as a Motel Maid at one of the places he manages. I love cleaning and it's in Makinaw city so I don't really mind and I'm looking forwards to it.

Pages: 12345678··· 212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page