PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 Update Phase 1: Lab + Ranks

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 161718

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
As discussed in the main 2024 Updates announcement thread, the time has come for some updates to the Lab and an overhaul of the Rank system. This update will go live on February 21st - there will be a brief maintenance around midday while the changes go out. During that maintenance I will be posting updates on our Discord server, so be sure to join us there! Note that while I use the present tense throughout this post, the update is not yet live. These changes will apply after the maintenance on Feb 21st. Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Lab updates: - You now get 10 free Lab Reloads every day. Any reloads beyond those free ones will require the use of Lab Reloaders. But on that topic... - Lab Reloaders now cost Interaction Points instead of GP. They are sold in packs as follows: Lab Reloader x10 == 10,000 Interaction Points Lab Reloader x40 == 30,000 Interaction Points Lab Reloader x100 == 60,000 Interaction Points - Lab Speed Boost has been added This item can be bought for 100 GP, and reduces the 5-minute cooldown by 30 seconds. Up to two of these items can stack, for a total of one minute of reduction. - The plan to add more Lab slots has been adjusted since my last announcement. Instead of being tied to EggDex completion, which is a bit weird, it will be based on your number of Lab adoptions. However, this stat was not previously tracked. This means that everyone will be starting from 0 for this progression metric. It will start counting from the time the update goes live. Additional Lab Egg slots, up to a total of 8, will be granted as you continue to use the Lab. They are unlocked at 100, 250, 500 and 1000 Lab adoptions. To help veteran users gain access to these expansions, the next Tournament will be a lab-adoption tournament. (I have to manually change this after the Tournament is created, so the randomly chosen one will show until I fix it to be lab-adoption instead) - Information has been updated. The "About the Lab" section of the page has had some information added regarding Fishing, Variant breeding and a pointer towards where to get Legendary Pokémon. This should help newer users find the things they are looking for. It's worth noting that the old text was so old that Alolan forms didn't even exist at the time! Definitely past due for an update. Also the ages of various NPCs has been updated, partly due to passage of time, partly just to make a bit more sense in general for the characters. Rank Updates: - New ranks have been added. - The Rank order has been updated. - Rank rewards have been overhauled, mostly focusing on permanent buffs to the game rather than an assortment of random things. - Rank progression thresholds have been reworked. They are now based on percentage completion of both your EggDex and your PokéDex. Numbers listed for EggDex and PokéDex completion are accurate as of this writing, where the total counts are 701 EggDex and 1649 PokéDex entries. As more content is added, the percentage completion goals will stay the same while the actual numbers may increase. Shiny classes will also use this percentage-based threshold system, using the same numbers as the ranks for their targets.
Rank/Class Goal EggDex PokéDex Reward
Beginner
/ E
1% 7 16
Lab Reloader ×50
Rookie
/ E+
3% 21 49
Scour Slot Prime
Provides 1 extra Scour Slot
Junior
/ D
6% 42 98
Lab Speed Boost Prime
Reduces Lab Reload timer by one additional minute
Collector
/ D+
10% 70 164
Daycare Adoption Increase
Increases daily adoption limit by 2.5×
Senior
/ C
15% 105 247
Key Stone + Mega Stone Voucher
If the Key Stone was already obtained from the Lab under the old system, it is replaced with a Data Volume Voucher
Superior
/ C+
21% 147 346
Scour Boost Prime
Equivalent to a permanent 25% Suríya bonus
Ace
/ B
28% 196 461
Gold Amulet
Permanent 25% boost to Shiny chances
Elite
/ B+
36% 252 593
Daycare Breeding Boost
Placeholder until 2024 Daycare update
Provides a permanent +20% to compatibility
Champion
/ A
45% 315 742
Ditto Egg Voucher
Can be redeemed at the Egg Supplier for one Ditto Egg order
Ultra
/ A+
55% 385 906
Silver Amulet
Permanent 33.3% boost to Albino chances
Master
/ S
67% 469 1104
Supplier Expansion
Doubles the amount of simultaneous orders you can have without the need for separate Passes
Grandmaster
/ SS
81% 567 1335
Shelter Budget Boost
Placeholder until 2024 Shelter update
Permanently increases your Shelter budget by 50%
Arceus
/ SSS
99% 693 1632
Cobalt Amulet
Activates the Long Chain Bonus so long as you maintain Arceus Rank (or higher)
Complete
/ SHINY
100% 701 1649
Trainer Card star (cosmetic only)
Rewards with effects matching other upgrades (eg. Lab timer reduction, Scour slots...) stack on top of those upgrades. For the Lab Timer this means you can bring the cooldown to as low as 3 minutes. For Scour Slots you can max out at 4 simultaneous missions. Placeholder items will be inert until their corresponding Phase of the 2024 update plans goes live. Misc. updates: Due to the Rank updates affecting other features, some adjustments have been made accordingly. - The Daycare adoption limit for Hypermode users has been lowered. However, when combined with the Daycare Adoption Increase rank reward, the resulting limit (30) is higher than the current limit (24). - Because Mega Evolution is now unlocked as part of the Rank Reward progression, it is no longer a prerequisite for Referrals to claim rewards. They just need the 50 Evolutions, that's it. - Mega Stone Vouchers 1-4 have been unified into a single Mega Stone Voucher that works for any official Mega Evolution. - Mega Stone Voucher 5 has been changed to Mega Stone Voucher Q, but otherwise works the same. Voucher 1-4 can be traded in for the new unified Voucher, while Voucher 5 can be traded in for Voucher Q as a simple exchange. Tournament Prize Shop has been updated accordingly. - Data Volume Voucher is now available in the Tournament Prize Shop. - The temporary use of Legendary Seals to find them more easily in Boxes has been removed. - The Long Chain Bonus has been removed from general use and is instead a feature of the Cobalt Amulet. Under the old system, for pre-Champion users, the LCB would max out at +50% Melan chances after 5k eggs. For Arceus users, the max was +150% at 10k eggs. Champion-rank users would fall somewhere in that range depending on how close to Arceus they were. The new system provides the Gold and Silver Amulets, yielding a +25% and +33.3% increase to shiny and albino chances respectively. This combines multiplicatively into a +66.6% Melan chance. Users with these two Amulets now have a higher base Melan chance than they would get with a maxed-out Long Chain Bonus! For Arceus Rank users it gets even better. The new LCB from the Cobalt Amulet maxes out at +75% after 5k eggs, making a multiplicative total of +191.6% boost. You need to hatch half as many eggs to max out as before, and you max out at a significantly higher value! So while it may initially seem like a "nerf" to have the LCB taken away, when combined with the additions of the Amulets, your chances have never been higher.
Thank you for your help and feedback in guiding these updates. I hope you like these changes!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Anycade1's AvatarAnycade1
wow. . . this is. . . amazing
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Wow, I absolutely love the amulets. I am so pumped!! One question - is the shiny dex just showing the same progress as the normal dex? I assume so since I imagine some people complete the shiny dex, but for a second I thought I needed to compete both 😅
Score: 0
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Enbees's AvatarEnbees
These new rank rewards are awesome! And thank you so much for this bit:

To help veteran users gain access to these expansions, the next Tournament will be a lab-adoption tournament.
I was worried for a moment, since I have a chain going, but this will make it so much easier!
Current Type Race score = 0
Saving for Memory Stick!
352/200
All art by me.
EstherGamer's AvatarEstherGamer
Looking forward to the update! Now to go get a picture of my Minccino long chain bonus somehow. I'm too broke for two sticks though... (It's just for the purposes of being able to look back and smile at random number that did probably not a lot for the hunt)
Avatar is an edited version of Sky Forme Shaymin's portrait from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, edited by me. (Sprite by me)
Jolmed's AvatarJolmed
Woah, these are awesome! Super excited!!
˗ˏˋ☆Art Thread |⟡| Bait Station☆ˎˊ˗
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
woah! the new albino boost seems awesome!! >:D
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
BearlyDerre's AvatarBearlyDerre
Can't wait! I just recently started shiny/albino/melan hunting, good to know I have better bonuses to look forward to!
CosmicCorvid's AvatarCosmicCorvid
This all sounds amazing! I do have one question though, and maybe I accidentally read over it? I was wondering, for the people who already achieved Champion/higher, will we be getting the items associated with ranking up? I'm specifically curious about the gold and silver amulets. Thank you for your time!
× 1605 / 4300
Tempura778's AvatarTempura778
To say I'm not excited for Wednesday would be a blatant lie. The rates being brought up via the amulets are huge Also, would the amulet show up in the Pokemin's history, like Charm, Sei, Uber etc? Or is it purely "hatching specials has become easier, enjoy~!"
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
× 42 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy

Pages: 123··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page