PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Info gathering: Interaction motivations

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 78910

yandertay's Avataryandertay

QUOTE originally posted by Lorne

Just throwing this out here because it wasn't apart of the poll, I just enjoy clicking fields moreso than I do clicking parties. To someone like me it doesn't really matter what incentives there are, I'm going to prefer field clicking > party click if I'm actively playing.
came to agree with this general sentiment as well, among other things!! i just really like the tactile/sensory feedback that comes with rapidly clicking through fields and regardless of the rewards that come of it i will field click a lot if i'm on lol i party click plenty, too, but moving the mouse around to every spot is harder on my wrist and the slower pace gets to me sometimes!
noye / taylor | she/they | 22 | lesbian : 1458
Music Box

Music Box

Summon Item

(: 0)

A small box that plays an unforgettable, light-hearted song. Several bars of music decorate the sides. Playing it will reveal the Legendary Pokémon Meloetta.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +19,182,921
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness 0%
Naïve nature
special and summon shop
Lorne's AvatarLorne

QUOTE originally posted by yandertay

came to agree with this general sentiment as well, among other things!! i just really like the tactile/sensory feedback that comes with rapidly clicking through fields and regardless of the rewards that come of it i will field click a lot if i'm on lol i party click plenty, too, but moving the mouse around to every spot is harder on my wrist and the slower pace gets to me sometimes!
If you're on pc, you can use the same keyboard shortcuts to feed parties as you would fields. Number keys for feeding (1-5) and the a and d keys to flip through profiles. Personally I click 2+3 at once three times and then d to go to the next, it helps a lot with wrist movement as your hand stays at the same place on the keyboard and makes it go a little faster :> --- After giving it more thought I'm gonna use this post as an excuse to add on to my original point but I'm also not a big fan of the idea that there's a certain way users need to click/interact. Some people are going to like party clicking, some are going to like field clicking, and I heavily, heavily dislike the idea of nerfing the exp bonus for one of the two because it's not how some people think it should be. Putting limitations on rewards for one set of players is only going to push away more of the community, I understand the sentiment of wanting to incentivize party clicking more, why not increase the amount of base exp party clicks give and leave the exp share bonus as is?
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 5834 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
Kogitsunism's AvatarKogitsunism
I think for me (and a few others that ive seen here), I like to click-back for those that have clicked my party since its a kindness and courtesy thing since it feels like some people go out of their way to click your fields and such. Thats atleast one of my big factors for the site, but as well I like to fulfill the interaction bonuses as well. I havent done much with deltas/wishforge things since its not something that appeases to my brain really.
"A smile better suits a hero" Caleb A. Sieg 9.4.1997 - 16.11.2016
selph's Avatarselph

QUOTE originally posted by Lorne

After giving it more thought I'm gonna use this post as an excuse to add on to my original point but I'm also not a big fan of the idea that there's a certain way users need to click/interact. Some people are going to like party clicking, some are going to like field clicking, and I heavily, heavily dislike the idea of nerfing the exp bonus for one of the two because it's not how some people think it should be. Putting limitations on rewards for one set of players is only going to push away more of the community, I understand the sentiment of wanting to incentivize party clicking more, why not increase the amount of base exp party clicks give and leave the exp share bonus as is?
I hope it's okay to quote this, but I definitely agree with this sentiment. it's a well known fact that rewards work better than punishment, and punishing users for playing a game a certain way will only drive them away, NOT encourage or convince them to play differently. no two people will play the same way, and if there are neglected mechanics that need more attention then they should be BUFFED to give players an incentive to give them more attention, not nerf other aspects of the site to compensate. players click for different reasons, players have different goals on the site, players have different playstyles and will play in certain ways that benefit them... why discourage that kind of userbase diversity? if anything, diversity should be encouraged and explored further. railroading players into specific playstyles and punishing people for playing a specific way will only make the site shrink.
it's a dream paradox!
Team Dragon December 2023. Pixel by Zerxus
Turbuggy's AvatarTurbuggy
I'm not certain if this was mentioned by anyone else in this thread, but my main motivation for clicking is to hatch my eggs!

☆ Buggy ☆ He/Him ☆ Adult ☆

I'm just a lil guy!
Shop Journal Free Fieldscredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Divider @King-Lulu-Deer on DeviantArt Forum Icon @Vandi Signature Pagedoll @Bug2Go on Twitter
☆ Current Hunt: Drifloon
NightcallerZ's AvatarNightcallerZ
Personally, I click parties to get the egg timer up to level 10, and during TR so my team can hatch eggs xD I mostly click fields because I go after 'rus sometimes, and it's a "quicker" way to generate eggs in my DC as well as credits and IP. That's just always been my play style. After a while, you kinda run out of people to party click. Even if they swap parties, if you don't field click, you're gonna run out of people to click. Several people have given a decent compromise in regards to the EXP share. I would love for party clicks to be buffed, instead of being, essentially, punished because I play the game a way that I think is best for me.

TR Code
Rhylexa's AvatarRhylexa
My main motive is to make eggs, especially right now doing a Chark hunt. At this point, I typically only clickback those who've clicked me first. Exception is Pokerus host. I believe back around 2017 or 2018 I noticed the site as a whole had started party clicking less so it started becoming a little disheartening clicking everyone online and only get 2-maybe 300 clickbacks with 600-700 users not clicking back. Most seemed to be the same users who wouldn't click back too so it kind of became a "why give this nice gesture if it will never be reciprocated" type thing. Mind you I was about around 20 so my brain wasn't fully there cause that sounds really petty looking back xD (I could be off on the actual year cause my memory isn't the greatest but I vividly remember less people clicking at some point) I kind of stuck with that habit though so I clickback parties throughout the day, those who've clicked more than me, I also recheck their party throughout the day to see if I could click more. The rest of the time is used chasing Pokerus and massclicking the big useless fields. So if there is a way to encourage more party clicks again, that would be amazing!<3
Shop- shinies/albinos, gem/summon swaps, Melan dexing, and buying some things for ZC! Journal---Random Info, Living dex (In progress), & shinies/albinos I need TFSDTS--- I dex shinies/albinos for free!
credit
Background from Temple of the Sea F2U code by Gumshoe
Zurnona's AvatarZurnona
My input likely will be a repeat of what others have said before but data is data!

Usual routine

Partyclicks to get lvl10 egg timer, then rest to hatch a bunch of eggs for the day Go for rus hunt in which I click the fields for higher chances. Otherwise, if out of party clicks, click some massive fields to get a lot of eggs as I need to swarm the Shelter with my IV eggs to ensure most of them are going to be 5-6IV (On average I release 200-800 eggs daily) If I have rus and free time to click and aren't currently mass clicking a person, I search out users with the beginner tag to gain more from these clicks. Around every 4-6 hours I do another party click spree until I run out to go hatch more eggs quickly unless I have run out of shelter eggs in which case I just relax and if anything mass click fields to get more Eggs.
Personally, I may add, I just want big fields for other Rus hunters as each click counts as a chance to get it so the bigger my fields, the more likely people that specifically hunt Rus can get it, at least, that's my logic. Also, the only reason I go for users with a lot of Pokemon is convenience. Having to go manually to someone's field to then only click 86 Pokemon which are spread out across 9 fields compared to someone with 6k having each field full is just a better time commitment, or at least, feels like one, as I do not have to then go to the next user, open their fields, and go click again only 200-400 Pokemon before I go to the next user to then open their field manually and so on. (Same issue for me with Checking IV's of having to go to each Pokemon's page manually to go check then in their battle tab their exact IV's so after I get a 6IV pair I just stop checking unless it's a special)
magsimillion's Avatarmagsimillion
just putting my two cents in here but: i usually prioritise clicking parties, as they give more exp (people interacting with my party is more likely to happen esp. if i click them first it seems) and when i run out of parties to click i go for my usual list of users that have big fields. another thing to say is that i try to get pokerus most of the time which means i click the person's (that is afflicted with pokerus) fields and then go back to clicking parties and when those are done i click big fields. idk if it helps but that seems to be my mini "workflow" on this site lol
my checklistmy shop ⟡ ⟡ pkmn commissionsnon-pkmn commissions
Qewt's AvatarQewt
I think a cool idea that can be added is some kind of expansion to the egg timer. Expand the current 10 levels. 1250 party interactions isn't exactly a lot for the bonus. Even during off peak hours this can be easily reached if some effort is put in. So maybe expand upon those 10 levels to higher party interactions and incentives. I'm sure you have some data on party interactions during peak and off peak hours, so offering different perks or bonuses while increasing party interactions. Level - Bonus 1 - xp rate increase 2 - xp rate increase 3 - interaction points earned from another players party increased 4 - xp rate increase 5 - credits earned from interacting with another players party increased Etc.... That's just an example, would need balanced and bonuses can be tweaked, swapped, changed, whatever.
*Not all those who wonder are lost* Typerace Score: 0

Pages: 123··· 78910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page