PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Info gathering: Interaction motivations

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678910

This turned out rather long but some things need to be said. I'll start by saying that I click everything - parties and fields alike. I usually do about 250-300K interactions daily, about 20K of which are parties, which I think is a decent amount. First thing I do when logging in after reset is to charge my egg timer with party clicks. Then I start mass clicking but I continue to do party clicks throughout the day, about 2-3 batches of 50 after every person I mass click, usually more on bonus exp days when everyone's eggs hatch faster and there are always new eggs in people's parties for me to click. However, I tend to like field clicking better because it lets me generate eggs faster. I'm a person who prefers to adopt my own eggs from the shelter. For that reason I need to release a lot of eggs so I can find them instead of someone else's. I'm usually also starved for credits as I'm trying to dex everything myself for Arceus rank, which means I have to buy my own mega stones, summon items, tokens, etc. and we know how very expensive some of these items can get. How is there still no way to exchange other currencies, like gold and ZC, for credits? It would make everyone's lives much easier. Right now the only reliable way to earn credits is to click a lot. I know selling items on the Market is a thing but you have to wait for someone to actually buy what you're offering which may take a while if you're selling something common that everyone already has tons of. So clicking is the way to go, at least for me. The third reason why I prefer field clicking is because I still don't have high level badges. Yes, for people who have all badges wishalloy or higher, 5-6 clicks by others are enough for their eggs to hatch. For my eggs it takes much more clicks and if I have to wait for others to click my eggs without helping myself with field clicking, I'd never be able to hatch 150 eggs daily. So if the exp share on fields is removed without party clicking being buffed significantly to the point where I can reliably hatch a party in about 3-4 minutes tops, I'd probably quit. All in all, party clicking is just not as fast for breeding and hatching eggs, as well as earning credits. Because of that, the bulk of my interactions are field clicks and I would be very upset if field clicking gets nerfed in any way. It already is very time consuming and the exp share only gives 1 exp/click so a further nerf in any direction would be very detrimental and to me personally, demotivating to play. The majority of the players already only party click anyway because field clicking is too tedious. In fact, I'm the only person here who does north of 200K interactions daily (though that may change in the near future as I get myself a job). So I don't really see how field clicking has come to be seen as obtrusive to the intended gameplay considering only a handful of players do it and most of them are Pokerus hunters who click both the party and the fields anyway.
Tora Blaze | ♀ | Feline Connoisseur Type Race Score: 0 ..:: Just a grumpy Kitwurm ::..
Remster's AvatarRemster
Answered as best as I could tho maybe I could have answered better for some who knows. However I'd like to say that I party click mainly for the following reasons : - egg timer - some events that requires us to party click - clicking people with hope they will click back (some never do but heh) - or clicking back people that clicked me when I don't forget checking the today's interactions tab - I'm too lazy to click a lot and look at fields But most of the time, I'll never do a lot of party clicks, especially after reaching the highest egg timer level (if I even bother reaching it, which is rare). If I want to click a lot, I'll do it in fields for almost everything be it event, pokerus, daycare, fossils, etc etc because it's way much easier and less painful. I don't even care if the player has a lot of fields/adopts or not, I don't care if it's a new or old player. As long as they have S&S fields (or at least sorted by berries fields), I'll click. EDIT : Forgot to say it but, I will also ALWAYS party click someone if I check their page, no matter if it was because I wanted to send a trade, a pm, or check their fields. I may also click any mons I see in signature and about me if I see them. It's just an automatism because, heh, while I'm here, better to just give those some clicks, will make both of us happy
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Cryst's AvatarCryst

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

Putting that setting doesn't usually work for me for some reason, it still shows me empty parties even if I set it to not. It also doesn't help that it shows already clicked parties once I go through a second time
thats really interesting! it usually works for me though i do get the occasional empty party still. maybe you have to clear your cache..? im really not sure :') i also get already clicked parties though which can be irritating e_e i do hope there is a way to fix these :')
Cryst ✦ She/Her

JournalTrade Shop TR Score: 20,120 ✦ Hunt: 14/920
Credits: icon + sig. code by me
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by Cryst

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

Putting that setting doesn't usually work for me for some reason, it still shows me empty parties even if I set it to not. It also doesn't help that it shows already clicked parties once I go through a second time
thats really interesting! it usually works for me though i do get the occasional empty party still. maybe you have to clear your cache..? im really not sure :') i also get already clicked parties though which can be irritating e_e i do hope there is a way to fix these :')
I think the empty parties weren't empty when the list was made, but were emptied before you got there to click it ^_^ Same when someone is switching eggs. You might only get 2 on the party when going through initially and returning later you get the other 4.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 10194
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,357,220
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,862,550
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Cavitate's AvatarCavitate
My experience is probably in the small minority, but I wanted to give some info anyway. Interactions is one of my least favorite parts of the play experience, since I have a variable amount of joint pain almost every day. For example many times I break the 'do 1000 interactions' daily chain due to this. So when I do interact I prioritize returning other users interactions, which most of the time are party clicks. Sometimes I will do additional field clicks if there is an interaction-dependent event happening or someone doesn't have anything in their party to click, but for most days I am just doing my best to 1-1 return the clicks of people who interacted with me. Thats my only real motivation for interactions. Additional note, shout-out to the people maintining the QOL scripts since without it I really could not play this game at all. 'hide all click fast' saves me so much time every day.
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Devastating Drake April'24 win | made by @Cherushii78
KaidaMcWoomy's AvatarKaidaMcWoomy
I'm gonna hop in with my two cents. The main reason I party click is for the egg timer, to reciprocate interatctions, and the clicklists for the type race. Type race is when I do the most party interactions (When I'm not suffering from "school is sucking all of my fun time away" syndrome) - I'll click through long clicklists several times a day, and if I'm working on badges I'll click other teams' lists too just cause it's a great way to make badge progression. That being said, field clicking is just faster and/or better for most of the things. Assume that you're clicking only full fields or only full parties, and consider the following:
  • Egg generating - every 64 interactions is one breeding chance. You'd have to click just over 1.5 fields to get a chance for an egg. To get that same egg chance, you have to click just under 11 parties.
  • Fossil reviving - It takes 1.5k interactions to revive a fossil. This is about 37.5 fields, but for parties it'd be 250 of them.
  • Every interaction is an entry into the Pokerus lotto. Let's estimate that the user with Pokerus manages to get through 12 parties in fifteen minutes. A person only doing party clicks is going to get 72 entries into the lotto. A person doing field clicks is going to have however many entries the person has fields - which could be about the same as the party clicks, but in many cases is going to be much, much higher
Since you have to reload parts/all of the page, it's just simply more efficient to field click. That's also why it feels like it's easier to field click than party click for stuff like credits, MCW, IP tournaments, and/or Interaction Events, and even for things as simple as just trying to give EXP to your own eggs. Sure you're making the same number of interactions either way, but you're saving bits of time with each page reload you don't have to do - and if you live in an area with poor Internet infrastructure and have long page loading times, the effects are even more apparent. Also from a psychological perspective, clicking on fields makes the numbers jump in larger intervals, which just makes it feel like you're making more progress quickly. Personally the only things I can think of where party clicking has an edge are the following:
  • Egg timer - for obvious reasons, the egg timer only goes up levels when you party click. This is the single biggest benefit to party clicking, but I can remember that this was changed solely to increase motivation for party clicks
  • Wishforge interactions - an egg interaction is worth 10 points vs the 1 point a Pokemon interaction has, so mathematically if you're trying to click for most of your points, party interactions are better since at worst you're getting the 1 point anyways, and at best you're getting 10 points per interaction. With field clicks you will only ever get 1 point
  • Reciprocating clickbacks - simply because most of the clickbacks you get are from people who have clicked your parties, and also because the "users interacted with you" pulls up in the form of a party list
Daily interaction target bonus I can always reach just by doing the interactions required to get a level 10 egg timer, so it's kind of a neutral option, and the dojo seems to be heavily underutilized so it seems pretty neutral too. I feel like the best way to increase party interactions, aside from what you've already said about making a system so we don't run out of parties to click, is perhaps modify some things to make it so that they only run on party interactions. Like for the IP tournament, maybe instead of it being "get the most interaction points" it becomes "make the most party interactions", or maybe change fossil reviving/training bag finding to have a lower total number of interactions required but only run on party interactions.
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: Paused Hunt: with a 2400ish chain Type Race: 574
Deadlock21's AvatarDeadlock21

QUOTE originally posted by Cryst

i combed through the whole thread and didnt see this addressed, so i would like to point something out:

QUOTE originally posted by Deadlock21

I want to say again, that please if possible remove people with empty parties from the clickback list. Also, as i did not find it in the polls, even if im fieldclicking for pokerus, i always also party click, sometimes multiple times if the host shuffles eggs :) Edit: if removal is not possible, maybe add a "claim free click" button like the ones with all hidden fields have.
this confused me because... isnt this already a thing? when i do my clickbacks it skips people with empty parties. might be because of my settings? i use: open users online > settings > sort method: interactions sent > page size: 50 > check skip empty parties. im not actually sure if that affects the clickback lists but thats whats worked for me :')
anyways putting in my two cents with my clicking method: i pretty much do exactly what @Canine does most of the time. party click until i start clicking the same people over and over again, and then ill switch to massclicking for rus to hatch the last of my eggs, still party clicking in between.
Hello Friendperson, Yes empty parties get skipped with the next button BUT they show up to begin with. So if I wamt to clickback 50 people, 10-15 of these are empty parties i have to skip via next button every time i open the clickback list. I have to open their profil, go to their field and click a mon there, to get them off the list..hope this helps. :)
He/him 30 German Second/Third Field Shiny/Albino Free for newbies :) See my Shop https://pfq.link/~V2z1 for Summons and Dexing If you ever happen to send me a shiny/albino for my endstage living Dex, please make sure to give it a NAME and if you wish, a description, so I can love it as equally as you do :)
Shikariix's AvatarShikariix
I dont know if this is any added value, but when I'm on mobile, I prefer doing party clicks simply because the chance that someone might click back makes it feel more worthwhile. I often feel like field clicks are a bit of a hassle on mobile, especially when people haven't stacked and sorted. At the same time I've been feeling lately that it's kind of a shame that without QOL you're forced to choose between displaying your mons in your fields nicely or stacking them all up for a higher chance of them getting clicked. But that's probably worth its own discussion. On PC I'm usually working on specific stuff, like some of the other goals in the polls, and getting clickbacks is often less important then. If I do want clickbacks, I'll do a ton of party clicks. Though generally I feel like (and this is reflected in the replies in this thread) party clicks are rather scarce. It helps to go out and click others but if you don't do that, the clickback list is usually very short.
Trade Shop 💕 I made my own avatar! I'll make one for you here!
Score: 5
Credit: LycanKai
Lorne's AvatarLorne
Just throwing this out here because it wasn't apart of the poll, I just enjoy clicking fields moreso than I do clicking parties. To someone like me it doesn't really matter what incentives there are, I'm going to prefer field clicking > party click if I'm actively playing. My typical playstyle loop is click my own fields -> click pkrs fields -> party click until 15 min timer runs down until or I max out the afk timer thing, when that's maxed I'll play another game in between instead -> repeat. I prefer field clicking because it's more uninterrupted clicks and I'm not constantly running into parties that I've already clicked and wasting time spamming 2/3 to feed pokemon that are already fed. I know the open 10 option brings up users you haven't clicked before, but it feels clunky because it only brings up 10 before refreshing the page, meaning you have to wait for a reload every 10-15 seconds.
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 5834 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
selph's Avatarselph
when I play, I prioritize clicking back and field clicks. party clicks are mostly motivated by returning the favor, but during type races (which is when I hunt) I will sometimes click parties on my own to increase my egg timer. field clicks are the bulk of my interactions for accessibility reasons. I can click and drag a berry to a stack of pokemon using QOL and they will all get fed without me having to click too much. it saves my wrist AND gets me clicks. I will both party AND field click newbie players. I like the boosts it gives but mostly I want to help them excel at the game and give them that extra boost :)
it's a dream paradox!
Team Dragon December 2023. Pixel by Zerxus

Pages: 123··· 678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page