PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Info gathering: Interaction motivations

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Info gathering: Interaction motivations >

selph's Avatarselph
master.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by Lorne

After giving it more thought I'm gonna use this post as an excuse to add on to my original point but I'm also not a big fan of the idea that there's a certain way users need to click/interact. Some people are going to like party clicking, some are going to like field clicking, and I heavily, heavily dislike the idea of nerfing the exp bonus for one of the two because it's not how some people think it should be. Putting limitations on rewards for one set of players is only going to push away more of the community, I understand the sentiment of wanting to incentivize party clicking more, why not increase the amount of base exp party clicks give and leave the exp share bonus as is?
I hope it's okay to quote this, but I definitely agree with this sentiment. it's a well known fact that rewards work better than punishment, and punishing users for playing a game a certain way will only drive them away, NOT encourage or convince them to play differently. no two people will play the same way, and if there are neglected mechanics that need more attention then they should be BUFFED to give players an incentive to give them more attention, not nerf other aspects of the site to compensate. players click for different reasons, players have different goals on the site, players have different playstyles and will play in certain ways that benefit them... why discourage that kind of userbase diversity? if anything, diversity should be encouraged and explored further. railroading players into specific playstyles and punishing people for playing a specific way will only make the site shrink.
it's a dream paradox!
Team Dragon December 2023. Pixel by Zerxus
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page