PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Scour speed upgrade?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Katt23's AvatarKatt23
I was thinking perhaps you could impliment a perchasible item that let's you decrease the time it takes for a scour mission! Perhaps they could be a one time use and there could be different tiers say, one could be -15 Min, another could be -30 min, and then -45 min. or it could be a perminent upgrade with the same tiers! I was thinking theese could be purchased with GP! (or perhaps ZC) I relly think this would be a cool idea! I haven't seen anything like this on the fourms, (I looked acrossed all 3)so sorry if this has been suggested already. Thanks! ^-^
Hoard Count: 46/630
Pfp is a very VERY compressed version of an OC request I drew!
Trevenant's AvatarTrevenant
I don't like this. Yes, it could be another GP sink, but what about the consequences of the shorter times in general? If the same rewards as a one hour could be had in such a shorter time, it could very possibly cause more harm to the economy than good. Plus, one hour really isn't that long to wait. Beats the twelve hour scours I used to send my Pokemon on in PF1. I just had another thought. How about the tournaments that are scored by scour rewards? This would undeniably tip the scales in the favour of those who have money... essentially making it pay to win. I just think that such a thing would unbalance the game and cause more harm than good to the site. Would increase discord too, among the userbase. Math time! 24 hrs = 1440 mins. At max, each user could currently do 24 scours a day with one slot, 48 with two, and 72 at max slottage
is this a word? heh, whoops.
. That's a lot of scours already. Add in the upgrades? Hoo boy. 1 slot, -15 min/day: 32 scours. 3 slots? 96. 1 slot, -30 min/day: 48 scours. 3 slots? 144. aaand 1 slot -45 min/day is 96 scours. For three slots, 2 8 8 . That's a lot of scours.
I drew the avatar. The sprites are edits of official Pokemon sprites that I did to resemble my oc Shrikethorn.
---
Katt23's AvatarKatt23
you make alot of very good points! Perhaps for the tourniments it could be disabled? I also didn't know the wait used to be 12 hours. XD I just recently joined Pokefarm!
That was a long time ago. It's been one hour for a while now ^^ I still think that would be a bit of a hassle, having to deactivate them then reactivate, but I'm not Niet and I don't know what all he can do with the site. How about the rapid influx of summons, boxes, even more GP (not like we already have a problem with its inflation already :'D)? I feel that the economy could easily tank with such a thing.
Katt23's AvatarKatt23
also, I don't personally think It would be all that harmful to the econemy. (I could be totally wrong though, keep in mind I'm new.) If it were to be a one time use per purchase I think it'd be fine. That's just my opinion though! I'm not making an arguement! I actually apreaceate the conversation! I love bouncing ideas off of people, but sadly don't have any one to bounce ideas off of :/
Programmer~ Niet is the sole coder of the site :> ... bless him. I don't know how he keeps all that code straight. (not tryin' ta argue either :) ) I think one time/use would still be an issue unless the price was through the roof. Like I said, there's a lot of GP on the site, and it's pretty easy to get through scours. The price would have to be disproportionate I think to offset the gain of GP through boxes and maintain itself as a sink. Even then, the summons could be sold for GP, the boxes too, which would have to be factored into the price as well. Of course, ZC is an option, but I think that would cause a lot of strife with the whole 'pay to win' issue. A lot of people already think the site is pay to win, even though it really isn't :d Something like that would most definitely make that worse. Every so often someone comes out of the woodwork and makes a little hubbub about it already o.o
Katt23's AvatarKatt23
yeah.. :/ That sucks. Props to Niet though! XD
Mia's AvatarMia
Personally? Can't say I'm a fan of this idea, sorry. The scouring system on PF1 was super broken, partly because of the varied scour times if I'm remembering correctly. There were 30min, 1hr, 4hr, 8hr, and 12hr scours available I believe. And, while what you were able to get was based a little on your scouring time, it was still super easy to farm things on the 30min scour. Without being balanced properly, like reducing the chances of finding boxes and the other rare items on shortened scours to practically 0 or actually 0, then this would just contribute to crashing the economy about the same way PF1's went. I think I was swimming in GP before PFQ opened, and I barely interacted in the trade forums so it was 90% from boxes. Honestly, if we're going to mimic something about scours that was on PF1, I'd rather have the zone upgrades back.
Avatar is gift art of my faerie OC Mia, drawn on and saved directly to my computer during the year Teo and I were roommates.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Yeah, I really think scouring shouldn't be touched... by having a 45 minute reduction, you're essentially making scouring 4x more effective, which means 4x the items, 4x the supply, blah blah blah. It'd break the economy. In any case, scouring shouldn't be very profitable, since it requires little to no effort. More profit should be available by simply playing the game. No support, sorry.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
We used to be able to send them out on shorter missions and even up to 12 hours if you wanted, though most users preferred 1 hour as it was the quickest while having a decent find rate for boxes. Having those options again really wouldn't break the economy, you can only find 1 item per Pokémon and you'd have a lower chance of finding anything of value on the shorter missions. Personally, I see no need to add shorter mission timers back as I doubt many people would actually use them when it'd result in lower chances of finding certain items.
Other
• Current Type Race points: 0 •

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page