PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Search bar in threads

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

sauriel's Avatarsauriel

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

People spell things wrong though.
And abbreviate things, making it hard for the AI to pick up all of an item.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
Lucretia's AvatarLucretia

And? That's their fault. If I search for "their dogs" instead of "they're dogs" on google (bad example, whatever) and I don't get what I want, then that's my fault, not the search engine's fault. I know this will probably get rejected like it has a million times, but I'd LOVE to see this implemented. It's SO much easier to search through a bunch of threads saying "uft: shinies" or "lf: shinies" than to search through ALL of the trade threads if I want to get some shinies. Or just search "UFT beast ball" and see if you get results. Sure, people will put "ufs beast ball" or "selling beast ball", but it's better than *nothing*, y'know? It narrows stuff down and makes things a lot easier. It's not perfect, of course, but it's super helpful.

QUOTE originally posted by Infernapefan2

And abbreviate things, making it hard for the AI to pick up all of an item.
Nobody's asking for an AI that can tell us all of the threads that are selling a particular item, though? It's not "oh I need a complex AI to pick through a bunch of threads and find me exactly what I want!" it's more like, "I want to narrow stuff down to make everything a lot easier on myself."
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

So I went through the first 10 pages of the "trades" forum. These are all the misspelled words I found: Misspelled words: "berrys" "despretley" "feild" "Jiranchi" "despretley" and "feild" were from the same thread title. So out of the 100 threads I checked, only 3 had spelling errors. Though I will note that occasionally I'd see a difference in spacing. Though the only item this applied to as far as I could tell was "boxbox" and "box box" As for abbreviating things, doesn't that mean you could just type in the abbreviation into the search bar? Very few people ever write out "ready to Evolve", so it makes common sense people would search "RTE".
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
sauriel's Avatarsauriel

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

As for abbreviating things, doesn't that mean you could just type in the abbreviation into the search bar? Very few people ever write out "ready to Evolve", so it makes common sense people would search "RTE".
But what about summons? G. Orb, BSD, RSD, J. Orb, B. Orb? S/A being Shiny/Albino? Sure, to you it seems logical to just use the abbreviation for something, but what about when someone else doesnt? Not everyone is going to type in the same things.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

QUOTE originally posted by Infernapefan2

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

As for abbreviating things, doesn't that mean you could just type in the abbreviation into the search bar? Very few people ever write out "ready to Evolve", so it makes common sense people would search "RTE".
But what about summons? G. Orb, BSD, RSD, J. Orb, B. Orb? S/A being Shiny/Albino? Sure, to you it seems logical to just use the abbreviation for something, but what about when someone else doesnt? Not everyone is going to type in the same things.
Honesty those things are entirely based on experience. The more you use the trade forum, the more you get used to seeing those abbreviations. The same goes for searching. The more searches you try, the better sense you get for what gives results and what doesn't. On a similar note though, a good way to help with that is if someone created a guide for searching in the "guides" forum. It could go over what to expect, different commonly used titles/abbreviations, etc. I know a lot of people don't read guides, but it still be there for anyone who cared to look.
Shinies, shinys, shinnies, shiny pokes, shiny Pokemons, s/a pokes, special pokes Red S.D, r.s.d, RSD, red soul dew, latias summon Beast ball, BB, B.B, beastball, ultrabeast summon, UB summon, U.B summon Gems uft, 💎uft, Shiny 🐍 uft, speshul sneks uft green TT, G. TT, green trmnt. Token, G. Trmnt token, G. Tourney token, green tourney token, green tournament tokens For shiny Azurill I had a thread named "green bubbles uft"
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me

Shinies, shinys, shinnies, shiny pokes, shiny Pokemons, s/a pokes, special pokes Red S.D, r.s.d, RSD, red soul dew, latias summon Beast ball, BB, B.B, beastball, ultrabeast summon, UB summon, U.B summon Gems uft, 💎uft, Shiny 🐍 uft, speshul sneks uft green TT, G. TT, green trmnt. Token, G. Trmnt token, G. Tourney token, green tourney token, green tournament tokens For shiny Azurill I had a thread named "green bubbles uft"
And? It's so much more convient to run through a few different spellings than to have to search 15+ pages by hand. Or by ctrl+f. If you're using ctrl+f, you still have to run through all those spellings anyways, it's just way slower and much more annoying. I've only ever seen a few people spell it "shinys" or "shinnies", mostly because those are both wrong, so it would only take 2-3 searches; "shiny", "special", and "s/a". Half these spellings I've never even seen... plus, even if people do have this much variety, isn't it so much easier to have a function to search for these terms than to search by hand/ctrl+f? Hate to pull this argument out, but if you don't need this search function and you WANT to search by hand... then do it! Nobody's forcing you to use the search bar if you don't want to miss stuff.
But, how would the search help exactly? If it only searched thread titles, how would you ever find what you want? The majority have "stuff uft" or "looking for currency" as titles, and can be selling anything from shinies to summon items or relics. And, no, just no, it is not "their fault" if someone has an unusual thread title or spells something wrong or uses symbols. Everyone should have a fair chance when posting in the trade forums and you're essentially suggesting to take that away
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
The search would help because even if some people have unique titles, a larger majority will be using common words. There's going to be a lot more people using "gems uft" Than using that symbol. Heck, I've seen titles that use both. Previously, in a different "forum search" suggestion, it was commented that using ctrl F sped up the process of looking through all the different pages. But wouldn't be even faster if you could apply a ctrl F like search to All the pages at once, rather than one at a time?

But, how would the search help exactly? If it only searched thread titles, how would you ever find what you want? The majority have "stuff uft" or "looking for currency" as titles, and can be selling anything from shinies to summon items or relics. And, no, just no, it is not "their fault" if someone has an unusual thread title or spells something wrong or uses symbols. Everyone should have a fair chance when posting in the trade forums and you're essentially suggesting to take that away
Because it would narrow stuff down. If I'm looking for, say, gracidea seeds, I could search "summon" and then manually look for all the "Summon UFT" threads instead of having to hand search/ctrl+f 15+ pages of trade threads. I could find what I wanted pretty quick, I'd imagine. I'm not suggesting to take away orginality at all! If you wanna put "shiny bubbles uft", do it! That's a cute title! People can still find you if they're going through the first few pages. I'm suggesting (or OP is suggesting, lol) a better way to find what you need if you're in a hurry or looking for something specific. It's not "unfair" to have a search bar, it's just a tool for people to use to help narrow down their searches for specific things.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page