PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Search bar in threads

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

Suggestion Title: Search bar in threads Suggestion Summary: I think some people would agree with me that it is hard to find certain things in some threads such as Trades, Contests, etc. so why not add a search bar to make it easier? People won't have to search through many pages for a certain topic and it won't take up as much time! Thank you very much for your time. Positive points: Time efficient, and easy. Negative points: Still might not find the topic you need. Reason For Consideration: This would be very helpful for many users and it would also save some time for other things instead of going through many pages to find just one topic.
Avatar: Official Pokemon, Super Mystery Dungeon art. Belongs to: Nitendo & GameFreak
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
BrinnaSilvio's AvatarBrinnaSilvio
Rejected many, many times already.
Collecting
Then I'll delete it Guess I can't delete it so nevermind about the idea, thanks for the heads up guys
UniqueZephlyn's AvatarUniqueZephlyn
I still find it ridiculous that we don't have any form of search other then manually looking it up. But, what Niet says goes.
Credit
sauriel's Avatarsauriel

QUOTE originally posted by UniqueZephlyn

I still find it ridiculous that we don't have any form of search other then manually looking it up. But, what Niet says goes.
It isn't "what Niet says goes", especially with his reason for not doing this. You can look in the already rejected threads for his reasoning, besides, you can always make your own thread saying "LF: x" and if someone has it avaible then they can find you that way.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'll make it simple. Imagine you want to search for Beast Balls to buy. Suppose there are only two threads in the Trade forum: - "LF Beast Balls" - "seling bestball cheap" As a human, you know immediately which one to go for. It would take an AI better than Google can create in order to teach the server how to understand. That's the main reason why there are no plans for adding forum search.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
I understand and I wasn't trying to be rude, I apologize.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I'll make it simple. Imagine you want to search for Beast Balls to buy. Suppose there are only two threads in the Trade forum: - "LF Beast Balls" - "selling bestball cheap" As a human, you know immediately which one to go for. It would take an AI better than Google can create in order to teach the server how to understand. That's the main reason why there are no plans for adding forum search.
But... why does the AI need to be that detailed for the search to work? Couldn't the search simply get a person to the point where the human's choice is easier, rather than making the choice for them? In terms of the example, the search would filter out all threads except those with beastball in the title, then the person could themselves make the obvious choice of which to go for. Sort of how Google doesn't send you directly into a website you're looking for, but gives you a list of possible links to allow the searcher to pick out what's best for them. By creating a hybrid of AI and Human decision making, it greatly increases efficiency without making it any more difficult to find what a person might be looking for. Searching through 2 pages of "summons uft" will always be easier and quicker than searching through 10+ pages of misc. sales for the same amount of "summons uft" threads. Essentially we have the same problem we used to have with the field search suggestions. Creating a system to weedle out a single pokemon out of hundreds of possible choices is a complex task. But now we have a search system that essentially is "there are this pokemon species in this field." So if that works, why would a "There are beastballs in this thread" not work? it's only specific enough to send a person in the right direction, leaving the obvious an easy choices for the humans to make. In short, I believe the community would be satisfied with a search that removes as much of the tedious forum-searching as possible, but leaves the final easy-for-a-human choices up to them.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
People spell things wrong though.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page