PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delete Certain Events in Pokemon Timeline

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
So, I have a pet peeve, and I believe I may not be the only one with this pet peeve. Hence the making of this thread. It's very common to want to dex-trade special Pokemon. And often, these Pokemon hold a sentimental value to their owner. So when you scroll down to their timeline, it's not pretty to see hundreds of entries of trading records. Here's just a quick example I found of a timeline with a ridiculous amount of entries, although I'm positive I've seen Pokemon with more. I don't know if it means anything to the rest of you, but personally, I literally do not dex-trade my Melans because of this. So if other people are like me, it'd be a blessing. Basically, I am suggesting the ability to delete the following entries on the timeline:
  • Gift entries
  • Trade entries
  • Wondertrade entries
and possibly the following entries as well (although I care less for these):
  • Evolved/Mega-Evolved
  • Reached lvl 100 (so there wouldn't be a random username)
I'd like to clarify that only the aforementioned events could not be deleted off of the timeline. Pokemon aren't bred and hatched out of nowhere, you know. Pros:
  • Makes summaries neater
  • Prevents summary pages that are super long, specifically for mobile users' sake
Cons:
  • May be confusing (how did this Pokemon get to this user magically?)
...and I can't really think of other pros and cons, but feel free to voice those. Before someone inevitably brings this up, I'm pretty well-versed in Computer Science, and I can personally see no reason that this would slow down Sally. The event would not be permanently deleted, but instead, it would simply be hidden. So the data would still be in the system in case there was a problem.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Could complicate cases of stolen Pokemon if the thief deletes the evidence of the trade. Also messes with the database as a whole. Maybe combine similar entries instead? Like "Traded as a Gift X times" and clicking on that line would bring up a page with all the individual trade logs.
sauriel's Avatarsauriel

QUOTE originally posted by Mystera

Could complicate cases of stolen Pokemon if the thief deletes the evidence of the trade. Also messes with the database as a whole. Maybe combine similar entries instead? Like "Traded as a Gift X times" and clicking on that line would bring up a page with all the individual trade logs.
This actually sounds better then outright deleting it, like having his be a pop-up or drop-down list.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
No support. For the trade ones, being traded actually makes a pretty big difference in several areas of the pokemon games (and PFQ's equivlanet) For the evolution/lvl 100 ones, I feel they're kind of important. Not important as in useful, but they're milestones that, if I was a pokemon, I'd definitely celebrate and remember.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
hinasaki10's Avatarhinasaki10
What if the owner of the pokemon could just hide the entries and show just who the original owner was instead of deleting ENTIRE LOGS of history?
sauriel's Avatarsauriel

QUOTE originally posted by hinasaki10

What if the owner of the pokemon could just hide the entries and show just who the original owner was instead of deleting ENTIRE LOGS of history?
So, similar to what Mystera said (and I supported/agreed with)? Edit: Clarifying that the though hidden they would be viewable when clicked.
I ylthink a drpo down mrnu would be cool.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I'd support a drop down, but deleting? Nah, wouldn't be much of a time line if people could just purge at random.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
No to deleting, yes please to condensing.

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I have been intending to have some way of condensing trade entries, so I'll just bump this to Approved on that basis.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page