PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Anonymous Section/Option in Suggestions

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Duckbug, with all due respect, I really don't think it's your decision whether something is or isn't relative to the suggestion subforum as whole. When I was younger I had shyness issues to the point where it just got plain ridiculous. Luckily I've mostly grown out of that, but I can say for sure that Being able to do something anonymously can make all the difference. It is true that it doesn't solve shyness on its own. But what does work to solve shyness is experience with moral support for when things go badly. The thing is, shyness is based mostly on unfounded fears of social contact. Namely, the idea that if you are seen doing something stupid (or something you think is stupid or embarrassing) such as making a suggestion every immediately rejects, those people will remember you for that stupid moment laugh at you behind your back, spread stories about you, and generally isolate you further. Now we, as people who aren't afraid to voice our opinions, Know that that situation is about as far away from the truth as you can mostly get in an environment like pokefarm. And as such is mostly an imaginary problem. But those people with more severe shyness don't realize this, and because they don't realize this they remain afraid to speak out their ideas or opinions. Now of course, like Jillipenny said, being anonymous doesn't stop people from rejecting/arguing against your ideas (which can be hellish for a shy person). And as such it mostly is an imaginary armor. But what better to help an imaginary problem than with some imaginary armor? Essentially those afraid of having their identity attached to a joke and being laughed at will feel protected, and (in some cases) would believe the responses they get aren't as bad as they would be if they're identity was known. The false sense of security relatively deals with the false threat and encourages those afraid to speak out to actually speak out, even if it only works once. Of course this won't work for every shy person, but there is a nice gray area where it could help. I am not saying this is going to solve anyone's Shyness issues. Trust me, I know it can take years to get over your fears, it did for me. But something like this would definitely help allow the suggestion forum get feedback from a group of users that would otherwise remain silent. And considering this is a online forum-game targeting mainly young kids, that group could be larger than you'd think. (Or not, but how will we know if they never get a chance to feel safe to speak up?) At the same time though, I have bad feelings about it. Like said previously, it could (and probably would) give an upswing in mean comments, troll suggestions, and the like. Though I think as long as the staff can see the user's identity The problem can still be dealt with without too much problem. Considering the way the posting system works it also gives off a vibe of impossibility to implement, though I wouldn't want to doubt Niet's abilities by saying it actually is impossible. SO, after a really long spiel, I'm on the fence. Probably leaning a little toward support, but I still have doubts about whether the people feeling safer to post would actually offset the increase of troll/mean posts.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Okay now you don't know what you're talking about. Anxiety is not shyness. Anxiety is breaking down into panic attacks when stressed. Anxiety is feeling trapped and lost with no way out. Anxiety is wanting to curl into a ball for eternity. That is not shyness. Some people have both yes, but it's not the same. Stop that. You can get over shyness, but only if you force yourself out of your shell. The Internet is a very good way of doing so since, if things go badly, you can just close the screen and escape the situation. The Internet can't hurt you (well, scams can, but this is a Pokemon site).
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
That's fair, I guess. Most people I've heard talk about it treat them as one and the same, but I guess it makes sense that they aren't. I'll go back and edit it, since it's a case for shyness not anxiety as you say.
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Wow, look, a hypocrite coming back into the discussion after he said he'd be happily leaving. Okay, so I know I kind of started it, I'll admit that, and I know I may have been unduly harsh, but now we've all gotten way off topic. Regardless of anxiety or whatever, this still seems like it would cause endless problems. The fact that the site has children isn't really an argument either because, well... I've seen some pretty bad suggestions and I would hope any adult would know better, which leads me to believe that kids aren't afraid to throw their ideas out there. :P

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Anonymity is the cause of most of the internet's problems. It's why people can feel like they can "get away" with being bullies on the internet, nobody knows who they are in real life. So no, I cannot agree with this suggestion.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
No support. The only context I can see this being wanted is that some individuals want to hide their identity due to some skewered belief they're going to be personally attacked for their suggestion. Obviously not true, and if it does happen - do you think the mod team is going to let it slide? If you're taking people arguing against your suggestion as an attack to the point that you feel you need to hide, then frankly you shouldn't be making suggestions. If you can't argue your case nor defend it, then what's the point? Even if your name is unknown, people are still going to argue with you, as stated many times before by others. This idea of being protected by anonymity to save face isn't going to do anything at all. This argument of 'anxiety' is moot. And by right, if this even were implemented, moderators would most definitely be able to see who you are. If you think that's acceptable, then you'll trust us enough to handle the situation when a suggestion gets out of topic and heated. End line, this isn't needed.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page