PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Anonymous Section/Option in Suggestions

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
I think being able to suggest ideas anonymously would be a good thing for the site. I'm not gonna name any names (I can't even remember any) but I have seen suggestion threads before where people have argued pretty hard for/against things. I can't help thinking that this causes upset and makes people less likely to make suggestions in the future for fear of being verbally beaten down, shunned or hated by others in the community with conflicting opinions. I want Pokefarm to be the best it can be, and to me that requires a free stream of ideas. I'm aware that a feature like this could be trolled, so perhaps make it so only the admins/mods could see who made the idea?
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
I don't support, it says that when you make suggestions, you should have a good attitude, not being snarky and such. So if people cant have a good attitude in suggestions, maybe they shouldnt make suggestions in the first place?
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
I am not sure that is possible without reprogrraming the forums.
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
Unless I'm reading this wrong, I don't see how this would help. A suggestion is a suggestion; people are free to disagree as they see fit. Making it so you can't see the suggester isn't going to block people from disagreeing.
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
I-Pogchamp's AvatarI-Pogchamp
No Support- It'd be way too easily abused. I remember somewhere it being stated that mods/admins get enough harassment and hate already, introducing an anonymous Anything on-site would just... be a bad idea. I agree that there can be a lot of passive-aggressiveness in Suggestions threads though, it makes it very scary to actually make suggestions especially if you're an anxious mess like me but this isn't a good way to solve it, sadly 8/ I think it's really a case of "grin and bear it", if something is important enough you'll either work up the courage, or someone else will suggest it! ^v^ Additional note for the inevitable 'report the bad users' point: sometimes their behaviour isn't actually reportable, it just makes you feel bad or kinda dumb.
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
With all due respect: -I'm not sure what the point about attitude has to do with this idea? Of course no one is meant to have a 'snarky' or otherwise bad attitude when suggesting things or responding to suggestions. -The idea is not to block people from disagreeing (that would be wrong), but simply to make people feel more comfortable about making suggestions. :) Perhaps an extra counter-measure would be to have a designated person to screen these anonymous suggestions before they go up?
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
I see no need for something like this, you should be prepared to 'argue' for your suggestion, that's the nature of suggestions after all. You'll have people for it and others against it, if someone takes that too personally and gets upset or worries about being hated, maybe they shouldn't be posting in the first place. Plus I find being able to see who posted an idea as rather useful, allows me to see if certain suggestions are purely for their own gain rather than the site as a whole.
Other
• Current Type Race points: 0 •
even if your suggestion is implemented, people will still be able to argue points and disagree with it, so it makes it kinda pointless
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
No support. Someone could make 2+ pages of troll suggestions anonymously.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN

QUOTE originally posted by Gengirl

-The idea is not to block people from disagreeing (that would be wrong), but simply to make people feel more comfortable about making suggestions. :)
I still don't see how that would happen. You're still making the suggestion. It doesn't matter if people know who you are or not, they're still gonna disagree and you still will have made the suggestion.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page