PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Change Ravyne Counter's Multiplier Format

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

POLL: Support this suggestion? Please read all POVs and discussion in this thread before voting!

Total votes: 22

You must be logged in to vote.

Raichu's AvatarRaichu
Suggestion Title: Change the Special Bonus's multiplier for the Ravyne counter into an adding multiplier (?) Suggestion Summary: So this actually came into conversation between me and my friend's one day when the Special Bonus was active for the Ravyne counter. Basically, as it is now, the counter gives bonus gems for every egg hatched. So, on a x3 day, a single egg will yield 3 gems instead of 1. The problem with the format of this "multiplier" is that it doesn't multiply the amount of gems by 3 so much as it adds 2 additional gems. This mechanic can be understood better when we consider that the daily chain for hatching eggs, which gives 2 additional gems or 1 additional medium gem, does not get affected by the Special Bonus for the Ravyne counter. Therefore, the amount of gems someone would get from their first egg hatched on a x3 Ravyne Counter Special Bonus would be 5 gems, not 9 gems - which would be the amount of gems we would technically get if we took the counter multiplier literally. I am suggesting we change this counter into an adder - so, for example, instead of x3, it would be +2. This reflects the counter's true meaning much better, and it doesn't really make sense to make it a multiplier. When we look at other counters with multipliers, such as the Niet or Shazi counters, they have possibilities to be decimals, like x2.3 or x3.5. This can't be the case for the Ravyne counter because only whole gems can be received. Some things to consider:
  • Currently, the base amount of gems that one person can get from one egg is 1 gem, which is a small AND constant number. It doesn't make sense to multiply by this easy-to-use number with other easy-to-use numbers when the product can just be expressed as a sum.
  • You can only yield whole amounts of gems. That's to say that you can't get halves of gems. Currently, the two other multipliers (Niet and Shazi) deal with potentially large numbers, such as 50 and 86, and are able to utilize multipliers that are decimals, such as x2.5 or x3.9. The Ravyne counter does not deal with large numbers, and it is impossible to utilize multipliers with decimals, as this will always yield unwhole amounts of gems per egg.
  • The only adding counter is the Garthic counter, which similarly deals with only small and whole numbers. Conforming the Ravyne counter to this model makes counter bonuses more uniform.
  • The remaining four counters (Uzumi, Dusky Peculiar, Persephone, Sei) all utilize percentages. It should be noted that these percentages were used to simplify potential multipliers such as x0.86 or x1.16, which would essentially simplify to 14% discounts or 16% boosts. If these counters are given the effort to be simplified from multipliers into percentages, why should the Ravyne counter remain as a multiplier?
  • The only other method of boosting gems is through the use of the daily chain of hatching one egg. It is worded as giving an extra "x" amount of gems, or +"x" and not as a multiplier.
  • This suggestion is not asking for any mechanical changes to the counter. It is not asking to boost the bonus in any way; simply, this suggestion only wants to change how the special bonus is displayed.
Positive points: This will resolve some redundancy surrounding the wording of the counter. It makes more sense to express this counter as an adder through the reasons in the list above. Negative points: I think this is sort of a trivial edit? There are many other things that are bigger priorities than this suggestion, if it were to be accepted. I also think that this could possibly limit any future updates that could possibly let a user, on default, obtain multiple gems from a single egg without the use of counters or chains. As far as I know, I don't think there is a way to do that currently, but correct me if I'm wrong! Reason For Consideration: Personally, this has been something that has been bugging me ever since I found out about how the multiplier can be misleading! I don't know if anyone else has ever thought of this, but changing it to an adder instead of a multiplier would make the counter less deceiving.
Zen's AvatarZen
But... 3 x 1 is 3, meaning you'd get only 3, not 4.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
The daily task seems to be added on after any multiplier from Ravyne bonus. So it's not (gem+daily)*Ravyne bonus it's (gem*Ravyne bonus)+daily Which honestly makes sense to me since the daily is a one time little bonus. It shouldn't be affected by Ravyne bonus.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
I'm struggling to understand how the wording could be confusing for anyone? Unless they've failed basic maths. 3x1 = 3, it's pretty straight forward, I see no reason to change it when there's nothing wrong with it to begin with.
Other
• Current Type Race points: 0 •
Raichu's AvatarRaichu

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

But... 3 x 1 is 3, meaning you'd get only 3, not 4.
I understand that part! Currently, the wording of the counter as a multiplier works just as it should; don't get me wrong. It's just I am suggesting that it be changed to an adder instead, making a - for example - x3 counter into a +2 counter. For all purposes, it would give the same bonus either way.

QUOTE originally posted by PadfootTheWolf

The daily task seems to be added on after any multiplier from Ravyne bonus. So it's not (gem+daily)*Ravyne bonus it's (gem*Ravyne bonus)+daily Which honestly makes sense to me since the daily is a one time little bonus. It shouldn't be affected by Ravyne bonus.
I agree with you! I think that probably is the math that's used currently. However, why multiply 1 gem by 3 and then adding 2 extra gems when it can simply just be adding 4 gems? It's a lot simpler, and it's more uniform. It just doesn't make sense to have a multiplier as the bonus and then have an adder as the chain. Why not just make both of them adders?

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

I'm struggling to understand how the wording could be confusing for anyone? Unless they've failed basic maths. 3x1 = 3, it's pretty straight forward, I see no reason to change it when there's nothing wrong with it to begin with.
Perhaps confusing might be a bit over-exaggerated. What I mean to say is that it could just be tweaked to be more uniform with its message. Also, I'm definitely not saying that there's anything wrong with what the counter is saying and what is actually being done. If I were to think that the math is wrong, I would have put this thread in the Bugs section.
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
I don't see why it's not straighforward as is? Like, x3 means gems x3. As in, three times as many as usual. It's not hard. If someone thinks they'll get 9 gems with Daily Bonus it doesn't matter as they'll just get 5 once they hatch an egg anyways. Then the mystery is solved along with the problem. Don't fix it if it's not broken, yeah?
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Raichu's AvatarRaichu

QUOTE originally posted by sunneliøn

I don't see why it's not straighforward as is? Like, x3 means gems x3. As in, three times as many as usual. It's not hard. If someone thinks they'll get 9 gems with Daily Bonus it doesn't matter as they'll just get 5 once they hatch an egg anyways. Then the mystery is solved along with the problem. Don't fix it if it's not broken, yeah?
I agree with you; it definitely is straightforward as it is right now! :) I did mention in my original post that this is a very trivial edit. As I said before, if it's broken, I would have put this in the Bugs section. I am only calling for a change, not a fix. Why I stick by this trivial edit is that it makes more sense, to me, to be an adder than a multiplier. Sure, BOTH ways of doing the math are correct, but one way is just simpler and gets rid of a "problem," no matter how few people may have that problem.
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
I just don't see where you're coming from with the whole "confusion" thing in the OP. I don't see how one can get confused by how it already is.
KishanHaru's AvatarKishanHaru
I would say I have to agree with this. After thinking about it for a bit I believe I understand OP's point. The other multipliers can give you different numbers based on many different factors. Exp can be changed by your badges, how many pokemon of the same type in your party and so forth. With the Ravyne counter you will ALWAYS have 1 as the base. The base will literally never change. So, it will always be 1 * X = Gems you get. That seems a bit... strange to me. If you're dealing with a base of one, I feel it should be an addition statement rather than a mulitplier. It's not confusing as it is, rather it's just a bit odd. xD So I would have to support. It's trivial, but I think it would make more sense in my opinion. *Also, I know some of the other counters bases don't change as well but their bases aren't 1 like the Ravyne counter is. =o
SCA ♪ 🌸 Wiki Help 🌸 SpecialsPM MeMy Shoppe~ Current Hunt: Mudkip
B> Lunar Wings for 45 ZC ea.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
No support. Mainly because it doesn't make sense to have one of the bonus counters be "adding" while all the others are "multiplying". all of the counters multiply their particular value by a set amount, but none of them add on to an already existing number.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page