PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

automatically unlock prize egg for top 100

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

arbor's Avatararbor
suggestion title: automatically unlock the prize egg for top 100 players suggestion summary: if you place in the top 100, in addition to receiving one egg, you also no longer have to pay 12 tokens to unlock it in the prize shop. it jumps straight to the GP price. reasons for consideration: okay so i worked my butt off last week to be on the leaderboard. it was more pokefarm q than i'd played in the last month, squeezed into 3 days (and i will never do it again tbh). i put so much effort into it, and the fact that i still have to pay 12 tokens for the unlock is pretty disappointing. and i ranked 72, so many other users who worked even harder than me (first place had almost double the points i did) also still have to pay for the unlock. i know, we get an egg, but many users want a living dex and to still have to pay 12 tokens is kind of like "oh, yeah, you devoted 50 hours of your life to ranking on the leaderboard, but you still have to pay the same price as people who scored 1 point". and also i know i used the word "i" a lot in this, but this isn't a suggestion just to benefit me, it's for all the players who rank in the top 100. i'll never even try to do it again, but some users do it each week and i feel like they deserve this as well. positive points: would be a nice reward for users who rank in the top 100, because let me tell ya, it takes a lot of effort for just one egg. negative points: can't think of any. if users rank in the top 100 for four weeks and unlock every egg, then their life would pretty much be entirely pfq for a month, so i feel like they deserve to not have to pay for the eggs. i went through the first 15 pages or so of rejected suggestions, i may have missed this if it was there so i am sorry if i did.
arbor ☼ journal: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I know I've seen this one suggested before. (though I couldn't find it either) I'm pretty sure it was rejected, though I can't remember exactly why. It made sense to me to have it unlocked but...
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Lucretia's AvatarLucretia
It's been rejected before, mostly because it would devalue tokens since those top 100 wouldn't need to spend those tokens and then therefore their value would go down.
arbor's Avatararbor

QUOTE originally posted by jillipenny

It's been rejected before, mostly because it would devalue tokens since those top 100 wouldn't need to spend those tokens and then therefore their value would go down.
but those are only 500 tokens out of, what, a few thousand earned in each tournament? unless a staff member can provide statistics (i.e. saying those 500 are a majority of tokens earned in the tournaments) proving that it would cause a significant decrease in token value, i fail to see how it would make too terrible of a difference.
Polagator's AvatarPolagator
How would it devalue them though? Those people with extras will sell them to user that were unfortunate and couldn't participate because of their melan hunt for something good in return? Then they could finally get the miscellaneous without the eggs to worry them.
648 ZC until my Beautiful Shiny Charm Box!
Wow I've got to start selling stuff...
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Well think of it this way. During the tournament, an egg is 12 tokens. with 100 people a week that's 1,200 tokens. Then you have to remember that a tournament goes on for 12 weeks so 12 x 1,200... That's essentially 14,400 free tokens. Of course I'm sure some people will be in the top 100 more than 5 times so it would be slightly less, but that's still quite a lot.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
You shouldn't need a member of staff to tell you how it'd devalue them as it's pretty obvious. Those 100 people wouldn't need those Tokens, that's a potential 500 extra Tokens flooding the Market, lowering their value and in turn, lowering the value of stuff you purchase with them. The last time someone suggested this v

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

"Only" 300 people, hmm? That's 10% of all the people who even take part in Tournaments. That's 360 Tokens that are no longer needed. People won't buy Tokens to get what they want because "I'll just try harder next time." The whole point of personal goals is to empower people for their own achievement. Meanwhile the more "serious" players need those Tokens to unlock things faster. This is what gives Tokens any value at all. Removing that need would catastrophically destroy any real value to Tokens, and consequently anything you can buy with them like Mega Stones.
No support, it works like this for a reason.
arbor's Avatararbor

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

You shouldn't need a member of staff to tell you how it'd devalue them as it's pretty obvious. Those 100 people wouldn't need those Tokens, that's a potential 500 extra Tokens flooding the Market, lowering their value and in turn, lowering the value of stuff you purchase with them. The last time someone suggested this v

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

"Only" 300 people, hmm? That's 10% of all the people who even take part in Tournaments. That's 360 Tokens that are no longer needed. People won't buy Tokens to get what they want because "I'll just try harder next time." The whole point of personal goals is to empower people for their own achievement. Meanwhile the more "serious" players need those Tokens to unlock things faster. This is what gives Tokens any value at all. Removing that need would catastrophically destroy any real value to Tokens, and consequently anything you can buy with them like Mega Stones.
No support, it works like this for a reason.
that makes sense, i suppose.
Spiritwingz's AvatarSpiritwingz
If nothing else, an option could be that if you get in the top 100 it costs somewhat less to unlock the egg after, instead of staying up at 12 tokens. I agree it kinda feels like you're getting gypped to work line mad to get in the top 100 and then still have to but the egg anyways.
Collecting:
Viridian Épée
ancient drive
Helix Orb
music box
Azure Flute
ynne's Avatarynne
I agree that it should be at least discounted. Having to pay 12 tokens (which you likely have to buy off someone if you want all pokemon) after putting so much effort doesn't really seem fair... And tbh I think it wouldn't be so bad if tokens went down in value a little, they are really really expensive to get now, so I doubt they'd suddenly become cheap.
Grassium Fragment

Grassium Fragment

Z-Crystal

(: 0)

A fragment of Grassium Z. Collect enough of these to trade in for a full Z-Crystal.

Sells for 100

Lv. 100 — +3,952,273
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugGrass
Happiness 27%
Docile nature

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page