PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 337338339340341··· 749750751

Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
grandmaster.pngc+.png
It was wrong in that it was unprofessional. Having neon colors at 100% saturation may be appealing to some people, but it's not artistically ideal.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
cloudtail's Avatarcloudtail
newbie.pngs.png
most of these updates are pretty nice, theres some i dont like but oh well its just my opinion will miss some of those brighter colours as usual, but a lot of the new ones are cooler than before. i really enjoy the new mega ampharos sprite, its super cute and has so much character now <3 the melan looks a lot better now, though that shade of green just doesnt feel very electric or fitting for a cute little sheep imo? still, it's way nicer than that old one lol i like this region's revamp a lot better than kanto's so far, though i still feel like there isnt very much diversity between melans and albinos as most seem to be similar shades of dark brown/green/purple and pink/lavender/mint/cyan respectively. not saying those colours are bad, but i think theres colour combos that couldve been more pleasing to the eye without breaking consistency. i do appreciate the cleaner lines and shading a lot though, nearly all the revamps have much better looking sprites. c:
i dont play anymore avatar art by me!
Moriiarty's AvatarMoriiarty
master.pngs.png
While I LOVE the new Melan Cynda line I'll definitely miss the green since I like that just... ever so slightly better x3 (Waah mixed feelings. They're both just so pretty, new and old.) I also love the melan Yanma colors and the Yanmega colouring suits it well too :3 The only one I'm a little disappointed in is the Melan Electabuzz as it doesn't have the reversed black and yellow colours that it used to have, but ahh well it still looks decent~ xP
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” -George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
Esme's AvatarEsme
ultra.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by RozziDoodles

QUOTE originally posted by Esme

QUOTE originally posted by Cosmere413

I'll miss the old melan Meganium sprite though, I really liked the brighter flower and the bright color of the mouth. The new melan looks good, it just doesn't stand out as much
It's called melanistic, not "neon" or "rave party" IMO melanistic should be true to the name. An abundance of melanin.
[long]
So you're saying that slapping neon everywhere is okay is because "oh noes, Pokemon doesn't have to be realistic"
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
RozziDoodles's AvatarRozziDoodles
grandmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by RozziDoodles

QUOTE originally posted by Cosmere413

I'll miss the old melan Meganium sprite though, I really liked the brighter flower and the bright color of the mouth. The new melan looks good, it just doesn't stand out as much
It's called melanistic, not "neon" or "rave party" IMO melanistic should be true to the name. An abundance of melanin.
[long]
So you're saying that slapping neon everywhere is okay is because "oh noes, Pokemon doesn't have to be realistic"
I didn't say slapping it everywhere. Pokemon doesn't have to be realistic, it's its own world. But it doesn't have to be all or nothing. There can be contrast and variation, and it's okay to miss what you loved in an old sprite. There are over 1000 pokemon on site, to apply the exact same schemes and formulas to every one of them is boring since there's literally nothing that every pokemon has in common. There don't have to be neon colors in everything, but there don't have to be a complete absence of brighter colors. Don't put words in my mouth, I type things out exactly as I mean them.
Avatar is of my character Deoxy drawn by JadedJynx on deviantART
Weidelein's AvatarWeidelein
master.pnge.png
I know it's generally a pokemon not many people pay attention to, but good lord do i adore albino and melan Ariados. I have never wanted these spiders until now but they're a must-hunt for me, I LOVE the palette they went with for them.
SOON
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger
grandmaster.pngc.png
oh man melan shuckle is beautiful! i might hunt it and that would be the first time of me hunting a melan because i liked the color scheme and not just the pokemon in general
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
Lazer-Bunny's AvatarLazer-Bunny
grandmaster.pngc+.png
My only thought was that Meganium's neon was on its flower which is more likely just flower rather than flesh(?). I feel like the flower could have been a good spot to put realism aside for the sake of individuality. Right in the middle of the two would be ideal, new body+old flower would look pretty sweet imo. There's a balance between rave party and washing out.
☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆ ♡JournalArt shopCredits♡ Emo Squad c.pngw.pngu.png ☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆
impish.sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngimpish.sei
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Lazer-Bunny

My only thought was that Meganium's neon was on its flower which is more likely just flower rather than flesh(?). I feel like the flower could have been a good spot to put realism aside for the sake of individuality. Right in the middle of the two would be ideal, new body+old flower would look pretty sweet imo. There's a balance between rave party and washing out.
Except that we can see with the shiny that the flower is a part of the body, not just a flower, in the way that it changes colouration, unlike Comfey and the Flabebe line.

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
0 pts .
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
grandmaster.pngc.png
I quite like most of these changes. And that means I’ll definitely be adding them to my hunt list.
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here

Pages: 123··· 337338339340341··· 749750751

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page